AvP Classic Multiplayer Beta Released

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 31, 2010, 11:46:23 PM

Author
AvP Classic Multiplayer Beta Released (Read 11,473 times)

Corporal Hicks

Rebellion recently re-released their original Aliens vs Predator via Steam in middle of January. That release came without the multiplayer aspect of the game which has since had its first beta released:

* Integrated with Steam overlay
* Uses Steam name
* Host/join games via bare-bones in-game lobby browser
* Can invite and join friends and other players via the Steam overlay
* Currently no way to create private games (will patch)
* Game attempts host migration
* Dedicated servers are not supported or planned
* Supports windowed mode with –w command line switch

For those who have already downloaded the game, just launch Steam up and then AvP and your update should already been there. This is only a beta release and is still somewhat buggy at the moment but that should all be updated in time.

Mike’s Monsters

It is times like these where I wish I didn't have a Mac...

Corporal Hicks

@ USCM - I know but I haven't been able to get onto the site to post the news since the release. Now I actually have the chance to get it on the frontpage.

alpha defekt

I wish my computer didnt suddenly have a virus keeping me from loading classic up. :(  What i'd give to relive the glory days of online Avp ownage.....sigh.

Darklarik

So.... were can i download this original? any links please?   ???  

THE-THING

THE-THING

Elliott

Is it free?

Tucci

At first my brain skipped over "Classic" and I thought it was the MP Demo of the new one lol.

Reaper

Reaper

QUOTE*Tucci
At first my brain skipped over "Classic" and I thought it was the MP Demo of the new one lol.

Same here I started to freak out lol.

Spoon

I love my mac but I feel the same way.  Im really displeased that steam is not work on the mac and get to enjoy classic games on it.

PLEXI

For those of you with Macs, have you tried dual booting with a Windows OS?

lawrence

lawrence

1 dont you ever say about mulitplayer beta now put it somewere not in the news i got all hyped when i saw AVP mulitplayer beta
2. MAC'S COME WITH WINDOWS XP when you start it up click on windows   :o  

lmao

lmao

thise is the original avp mp beta?? the old 1999 game? cool   ;D      :P        ;D      ;D      ;D  

Mike’s Monsters

I don't have Bootcamp loaded on my Mac, I need the power and space for other projects. I can live without this game.

Steamfacehugger

Steamfacehugger

So, Steam charges 3€ for a beta demo for a 11 year old game? Freaking moneywhores!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed