Aliens Colonial Marines Still Alive

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 13, 2009, 06:03:00 PM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marines Still Alive (Read 7,122 times)

Corporal Hicks

Game Informer recently posted up a short article regarding the status of Gearbox’s Colonial Marines:

"I’ll tell you this: We love Aliens. You guys know that. You guys did a cover story, you know how much we care about it. We’re working our butts off on it. I think when it comes, people won’t be disappointed, but right now it’s really not up to us to talk about it."

I’m sure this’ll come as a relief to those out there who thought that Colonial Marines might be falling to the wayside. In the wake of Borderland’s release, I’m sure more resources will be put back onto Colonial Marines. Especially as AvP is drawing closer and Sega will be turning back to CM when AvP is out into the world. Thanks to Matt Mazzucco and AvPSpectrum for the news.

xenomorph110

xenomorph110

I think right now AVP is the main focus they need to get that right or six months of excitement towards this this game will be a waste

Headbite

Headbite

i knew they wouldn't shelf A:CM, but i think they're gonna do a major graphic overhaul so it can match the graphics of AVP. I wonder what other Alien game they're gonna come out with; i know there was an article about them possibly releasing a third game.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

bring back the rpg sega!!

Bio Mech Hunter

Oh, thank goodness. lol I was getting a little worried. This is too big of an opportunity to miss. I'm glad Sega realizes that.   ;)   This game has been in and out, for what seems like, forever.

AwBrasil :D

AwBrasil :D

good,i hope they update graphics gameplay and the engine,speacilly the multiplayer

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

Match the graphics of AvP?   Lol  Dude, it still looks better than AvP and those were early screens.    ;D  

JSPoole

JSPoole

sh0dan-  are you that naive?  Those were ''target renders'' of A:CM gearbox used in it's early promos. You remember last time gearbox used target footage?  Hell's Highway looked NOWHERE near as good as these ''target renders'' by gearbox promised, so i wouldn't get too smug about it.

Commander Griker

of course it looks better then AvP The people desgining Aliens:CM are using the Unreal Engin 3.0

GbSlvns

GbSlvns

I'll take AVP over A:CM anyday.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

JSPoole weren't you banned from Gearbox forums??? From what we know the UE3 is a MUCH more capable engine than AvP3's engine and I believe A:CM is going to look much better because of time and Gearbox's attention to accuracy and detail.

dude

dude

I wish they would also make Aliens Extermination for consoles. Especially for the Wii and also now that Xbox360 and PS3 will be getting motion type controls in the future.

Spoon

Spoon

Im actually looking forward to this game alot more then avp.  Im sick of arcade shooters and this is going to be more team based, tactical shooter.  Games with aliens and predators need to be more suspenseful.  Something AVP lacks.    After watching that crytech 3 engine video for xbox....  I really wish they try using that engine.   Screw unreal.

Old_ Painless

Old_ Painless

to spoon and all the avp haters: don't go bashing a game that has yet to be released by comparing it to a game that you only know of through screen shots and descriptions. I'm not trying to start an argument here, just making a point.

Awgustas

Awgustas

That's good to hear.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed