Aliens Colonial Marines on PSP?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 23, 2009, 07:42:07 PM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marines on PSP? (Read 13,663 times)

Corporal Hicks

According to games website Joystiq Sega and Sony have recently been meeting in regards of Sega games going to Sony:

“Juicer still, that little mention comes right after talk of a project named “Vanquish” and a possible PSP iteration of the currently shelved Aliens: Colonial Marines that Gearbox Software is working on.”

Personally I find it hard to believe considering the PSP is somewhat of a dying platform. Thanks to Ash 937 and Hemi for the news.

alien90

alien90

"considering the PSP is somewhat of a dying platform."  ehh not really......

Hemi

Hemi

lol, I made frontpage...    :D    indeed its not dying...but its also not thriving either. We have some good games commin up. If they use the PSP as a motiontracker in ACM...now that will be brilliant!    :D  

SiL

SiL

I thought they shitcanned the hand-held ACM ages ago?

Hemi

Hemi

who said its a game for the psp? It could easily just be interaction between the ps3 and psp.(like the document says) and that would mean motiontrackers / terminalhackers etc.

G8RSG1

G8RSG1

That would be so amazing! I would buy a PSP just for that!   ;D  

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

The PSP sales are as strong as ever,  There are plenty of new and great games being released, and the "Go" model is being launched this year, I dont know what gave you the idea of it being a "dying platform"

Jilted

Jilted

Hemi, that would be "iteration", not "interaction".

Hemi

Hemi

http://kotaku.com/5364863/apparent-internal-sega-document-describes-plans-for-game-line+up  "The possibility of interaction between the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable is mentioned for Aliens: Colonial Marines"  READ.... interaction    ;)  

jordan

jordan

Dying platform?  lol, somebody has their head completely buried in the sand here...

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

This is the second-greatest concept Gearbox has yet come up with. The first was building a working pulse-rifle.

Xhan

Xhan

Compared to the ds/dsi it is a dying platform. They picked the wrong format, and the engineering on the device was outed by a fired engineer to be substandard by design, just like the first iterations of the ps2. Making "disposable" consoles is fine when your economy is great and the console is relatively cheap... the economy isn't fine, and the PSP is way too expensive to be considered "cheap". Sony picked the wrong methods and thought folks would buy it simply because it had the Sony brand-name.. if that didn't work for the PS3, it sure as hell isn't going to work for the PSP.

Dachande

Dachande

And now that the PSPGo is getting rid of the need for UMD's, i cant see that being a very good idea at all, PSP has another year to 18 months tops, i think

Justin

Justin

Lets not forget that this was mentioned in a Sony meeting. So while it talks about the psp, there could be a ds version as well.

JD

JD

I think this would be like interaction between resistance on the psp and ps3!  http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009/02/20/see-how-resistance-retribution-connects-to-the-ps3/  Anyways its good news since the PSP is stable enough for an Aliens game unlike the ds/dsi. The PSP aint dying infact its just being rebooted. Sony has declared that UMD's will continue to sell along with the PSP-3000 so no worries about the PSPgo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed