Ridley Scott To Helm Alien Prequel?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 09, 2009, 07:18:57 PM

Author
Ridley Scott To Helm Alien Prequel? (Read 12,432 times)

Corporal Hicks

Well it looks like 20th Century Fox aren’t as keen on Rinsch as the Scott brothers and despite earlier confirmation from Tony Scott, Fox wont be moving forward without Ridley Scott in the directors chair:

“While the Scott’s have given approval of Rinsch, 20th Century Fox apparently doesn’t want to greenlit the film without Ridley himself at the helm. “

Follows on with the latest trend of not trusting newbies (Fox pulled support from Halo due to the inexperience of the director despite the very experienced producer). Either way, it’s good for us. Rinsch looked rather talented and we know Scott can deliver. You can find the article at Dark Horizons. Thanks to Ryan T. Farkas for the news.

Simbaca

Simbaca

This is good to hear.    :)  

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Sgt.Torque Reikan

If scott does it then maybeI won't be as worried

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

Surprisingly well played Fox.  Dare i engage excited little school girl mode?

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Interesting.  I like that the advert for the quadrilogy I've been searching for, for ages, is linked there!

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

I guess this movie won't happen...    ???  

RumorControl

RumorControl

Wow...a GOOD decision by Fox?  Someone check the temperature in hell.

Mr. Stizout

Mr. Stizout

OMG Hell has froze over!    >:D  

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Scott's doing the new Alien prequel?   Pfft.. Screw Rodriguez, I want to see the ALIEN prequel.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Don't get to excited.  Lots of people think this is simply another way for Fox to assume control.  Rinsch is practically family with the Scotts, kicking him off the production is likely to piss Tony/Ridley off.  Thus letting them voluntarily leave and allowing Fox to bring in whoever they want.  Don't trust those snake oil selling board guys at Fox.  It could be true in them wanting Ridley, its more likely they are trying to publically crush any outrage before it starts by seemingly playing nice.

Zillamaster202

Zillamaster202

Interesting....   ::)  

Rob

Rob

I'v never heard of Carl Erik Rinsch

beeko

beeko

what sort of money does Ridley get for directing these days ???

shinigami

shinigami

I really hope that Ridley is gonna direct this movie. This way it could turn out pretty good.    :)  

Alien³

Alien³

If Ridley does this I'm all in.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed