Michael J. Bassett For Predators?

Started by Darkness, Jun 16, 2009, 08:02:01 PM

Author
Michael J. Bassett For Predators? (Read 9,324 times)

Xenomorphine

'Deathwatch' was a great film!

Vertigo

Vertigo

I'll put myself out there and say John McTiernan doesn't have it anymore. Rollerball was terrible, and he hasn't made a really good film in *two decades*; fourteen if you count Die Hard With A Vengeance.  Neil Marshall is a great choice; unless they pull an ace out of their sleave (Christopher Nolan and James Cameron are the only ones springing to mind - there are so few good action directors left in Hollywood) they'd be best served to stick with him. Dog Soldiers is the only one of his films I've seen, but it's the *perfect* showcase for a Predator or even Alien film director.

Deathbearer

Vertigo if I'm remembering correctly Neil also did the abomination known as Doomsday. God awful movie. I'd hope he doesn't follow that route if he is an option.

Alien³

Alien³

Neil better be picked for this project, and if he is, he better not kill the predator franchise. He has got a lot on his shoulders.

AlienTailWhip

AlienTailWhip

U know wut fox better not even go there.. they better stick to marshall, at least we know it would be directed decently. Why do they even bother to tell us if there not sure. Sometimes they let false info out on purpose

Mick

Mick

Neil Marshall has talent and great potential, his two movies The Decent and Dog Soldiers are well made and entertaining low budget movies and seem to be heavily influenced by Predator and Aliens. Out of the directors named so far he has my vote.

Gameoverman

Gameoverman

Neil Marshal has my vote.  If The Descent was his most recent film then certainly his talent has evolved for the better.  The Descent was gritty hard edged horror.  I think Neil could bring this element to the next film.  I think he could bring some originality.

daniel clavette

daniel clavette

He is great for new predator movies  alien movies as well.

aliensun

aliensun

all trilogys can be finished  pre alien, alien, aliens  alien3, alien r, ?alien?  predator, predator2, predators  avp, avp r, ?avp?  it could be done, but should it?  pre alien sifi horror from someone aproved by ridley scott sounds good  predators action sifi from troublemaker studios sounds ummm ok?  alien ripley sifi thriller with sigourney weaver could be good?  avp3 sifi adenture starring the most badass predator the galaxy have ever seen?  a predator stripped of his weapons and exilled to a planet most kill all the aliens on it to get home  to stop her madness ripley8 must find the alien homeworld but will it help her mind

lick my knees

lick my knees

Neil marshall should really do it, from the directors we have of choice...Doomsday wasnt bad directing, it was a terrible script....

predator rocks

I personally think Bassett WILL BECOME be a better director than Marshall remember he's only made 3 films, but Solomon Kane is looking very very promising!  Neil may be the better choice as he has less on his plate, bassett will be working on the Kane sequels (and I want them to be good!). I would love to see Bassett direct Conan (him being a Robert E. Howard fan like me   ;D   ). If I had to take a bullit for one of the directors it would be Bassett. So adding everthing up I would love to see bassett do it, but other projects may be effected.   Now I have that of my chest i'm lost   ::)  

Zillamaster202

I think that Roland Emerick should do it. He has directed GREAT movies before (Godzilla 1998, Independence Day, The Day After Tomorrow, 2012, etc...). Fox should think about putting him on the list. What do u guys think?

Mick

Mick

No thanks   :-[  

Dudekebm

Dudekebm

Roland Emmerich? Maker of crappy films which would normally be a B-grade movie save for the huge budget for special effects? If it's going to be a dark action flick, I'd go with Guillermo Del Toro myself, based on his work with the Hellboy movies and Blade II. Of course, he's kind of busy with the Hobbit. I'd personally pick David Goyer for a writer on this project given his success in adaptations of comics. David Twohy's another possibility as far as writing/directing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed