Alien Remake/Origin Story In The Works

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 28, 2009, 09:04:05 PM

Author
Alien Remake/Origin Story In The Works (Read 17,080 times)

orange_hates_remakes

orange_hates_remakes

Remaking ALIEN is the last straw in this hollywood world of endless damn remakes.  Remaking THE THING again is already bad news, but touching the holy grail of ALIEN is just sheer stupid greed.   Hollywood remakes movies because they think American audiences are all teens, willing to shell out endless dollars to see their crap.  It is our fault for spending so much money watching these damn remakes and sequels.  Stop spending more money on watching remakes and sequels and maybe they would think better than to destroy the ALIEN sacred position in movie history.

Neon_Knight

@ eyes of the demon An origins story would be awful though. Really, it would be awful. Beyond awful.  Who really wants to see what the "Space Jokey" (what a stupid name) really looks like?  I certainly don't, it would look ridiculous, it would be hilarious, that's not frightening at all. Have you seen the comics, the artist's impressions of the Pilot in the flesh?  They look hilarious.  You can't make a horror film with that in it, you just can't.  Keep it as a skeleton, for goodness' sake.     It'd have to be an origins story that retains the mystery of the Pilot, and retains the mystery of the aliens as a whole - which would make it an utterly pointless, boring film.   There is no way an origins story could be good, no way in hell. I stand by that.  And I will stand by that with a smirk when everyone here runs crying from the cinema after an abomination of a film comes out.

orange_hates_remakes

orange_hates_remakes

neon knight:  very good point.   damn Ridley Scott for allowing this.  i mean the guy also seems to getting worse as a filmmaker.  his best days were over a long time ago, and BLACK HAWK DOWN and GLADIATOR were so so.   BTW, wasn't ALIEN 5 supposedly centered on some trip to the home planet of these aliens? do they mean orgins of the space jockey or the aliens..? either way, it sounds very very precarious, when it will in all likelihood fail and the ALIEN name will forever be tarnished.  ALIEN 4 already did a lot of damage.  do we need more damage from music video directors???  come on, people.  we must do something and protest to Fox.

dallas121

dallas121

@ orange_hates_remakes The only point I disagree with you, it's regarding Gladiator. But you damn right! Stop spending money on watching sequel and prequel. I've already banished super-hero movies and other remake, those are simply insulting people!  But Pred and Alien... I have to admit, I would be so happy. Damn Fox!

FearPeteySodes

I also read that there's a possibility of a story focused on Ripley 8 that has no xenos in it...  I agree with the comedy space jockey thought N_K and to a certain extent your origin story point of view too.  I guess what i would like to see most would be a reboot in the line of setting up a new story arch with new characters and keeping with canon or the expanded universe set up by the DH comics.

ClockworkHorror

ClockworkHorror

A reboot is a ridiculous notion. And an origin story would just ruin the mystery behind the Pilot and the Alien.  Better we just get another Alien movie set in the timeframe of the first three. Something gritty and dark, without clones, bullets bouncing off walls and ugly pasty white alien/human hybrids.  How hard can it be to make another Alien film without resorting to prequels and reboots?

Neon_Knight

The only thing I could actually support is, as Peteysodes said, a new story arc, brand new characters, keeping with canon of the original Alien films.  Stop flogging the current story arc horse, it's been dead a long time.  Something completely isolated, Alien eggs discovered in a completely different location unconnected to LV-426 (obviously still in space though), but they ultimately result in the same thing - Alien starts om nom nomming on humans, a struggle between those who want to keep it alive for study and those who want to kill it - and somehow keep it fresh and surprising. I'm sure there are 100 ways that an Alien can kill a human that we've not yet seen before.  I think it's possible, but we'll never see it, because it's phenomenally difficult to do that without making it feel old and predictable.

Neon_Knight

@ "Me" - "if it has an alien in it, it's going to be good" Did you actually watch AvP-R?  If you thought that was good, you have absolutely no respect for the Alien franchise, or good films at all for that matter.  That hospital scene, with the tongue, really? Honestly?    :-\    And at "you're still going to see it so what's the difference" - the difference is, whether I go to see a good film, or a bad film.  And in all likelihood I'm going to look at some reviews and see whether I actually pay to see it or if I decide Fox don't deserve my money, and I spitefully pirate it instead.

XENOVIN

XENOVIN

RYCHER WHAT MOST PEOPLE WANT IS A PROPER SEQUEL TO ALIENS NOT A SMEGGING REMAKE OR BLOODY PREQUAL THE CEO AT FOX IS AN ASSHOLE LOOK WHAT THEY DID TO AVP MOVIES .I BET U THAT THE BUDGET WILL BE DONE ON THE CHEAP.JAMES CAMERON HELP US AND DO YOUR MOVIE AND WHO THE HELL CAN REPLACE SIGOURNEY ANSWER NOBODY CAN I 4 1 WILL NOT GO NEAR THE CINEMA 2 WATCH A PILE OF CRAP 1 ANGRY ALIEN FAN   >:(  

Neon_Knight

"thats the way the Predalien breeds, its diffrent yes. but they cant do the same shit or they get riddiculed, they do something diffrent they get riddiculed."  No, see, I'm not ridiculing them because they're doing something different, I'm ridiculing because what they came up with was just pathetic, completely and utterly vile.  It wasn't frightening, it was hilarious, it was so cheap, it was so pathetic the way they tried to portray it as frightening, instead it was just hilariously awful.  It was bad, it was really bad.  It looked so cheap and tacky, it was just so frigging bad.   It was so bad, that my mind actually blocked that scene from my head until I was reminded of it.  The whole concept is so goddamn awful.  And I'm saying the concept for this new alien film "origin story" is flawed, because it can *not* be done well, it simply can't, no matter who does it, or in what way.  There is no plausible way that it can be done well, because the very idea destroys what made the franchise good in the first place.   Any other alien film, a sequel, hell, I'll even take a remake over an "origin story".

Simbaca

I don't even know what to say to this.    :'(   I just don't get it?    ???   This is really a big kick into the grind. Sigh.   :'(  

RumorControl

"Origin story?"  There is no origin story.  F*ck you Fox.

Simbaca

I would be OK with a prequel, just not a remake.   :-\  

RÆIN General

Bullshit

PHANTOM

The Alien franchise is F--KED!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed