Tony Scott Confirms 'Alien' Prequel

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2009, 09:01:08 PM

Author
Tony Scott Confirms 'Alien' Prequel (Read 21,130 times)

Rob

Rob

I also agree with Spoon.

frankaster

GOD WHY!?!?!  the only thing wroth waiting is only the avp game,, why a prequel the entire saga will lost its essence! in the 1st movie THAT  was the 1st alien encounter, but FUX really reaped this franchise(s) to a level that i can't even imagine (and I can imagine a lot of ways to rape someone), I hope Ridley save this crap... but I am not even sure on what to belive now    >:(  

TheAncientEnemy

Anyone excited for this has NOT learned their lesson.

DoomRulz

Well this just ruined my afternoon.

Jilted

Jilted

I think the fact that Scott isn't interested in directing this one speaks both volumes about his faith on the movie an Fox's willingness (or lack of) to pump the money. Scott just seems to be doing damage control and get his share from the whole thing. As for those of you who believe in prequels in general, each case is a case. And explaining everything about the Aliens and the Space Jockey is NOT the way to go. As I read someone say in a discussion about Lost, explaining every mistery=Midiclorians.

Zillamaster202

::)   Man, just when I was getting excited about the new AVP game and the Predators movie, they haft to ruin my day with this bullshit!   >:(     :'(  

shinigami

I hope there will be Jockeys in the movie and that they would give a proper name for them. And i hope it will be scary instead filled with action. In other words it should be a horror movie and not an action movie.    :P  

dachande89

Well now we can say FOX has screwed all parts of the franchise now. Nothing is sacred.

ce3kman

ce3kman

I have been a fan of Alien ever sence 1979. My dad took me to the Egyptian Theater in hollywood when I was ten years old  to see it, and have been hooked ever since. I do love the mystery of the space jockey and  derelict ship, you can come up with your own back story,  the alien could be a space bug or killing machine, its up to you. I Just Hope they come up with something good for once that wont make me disappointed like i have been for over 20 years

bos45redsox

As long as the people making it know that a horror movie isn't based around "the more blood the better", then this should be good.  I am sick of movies these days that think a horror movie requires more blood to be scarier, when really, more blood is a turn off.  Scary movies back in the day didn't need buckets of blood in order to have a scary movie, but hey, I guess times have changed.

Purebreedalien

Well, it's not a remake so I guess that's something    :-\  

Megachu17

Megachu17

I'm honestly very excited. A prequal isnt my preference, but the possiblity of some background info on the Space Jockey, his ship, etc is exciting enough for me. A remake wouldn't work in my own opinion, nor should it be attempted(it will be, but hopefully not soon). I wouldn't mind a "reboot." But all-in-all, I'm excited to see another alien movie, reboot, remake, prequal, sequal, whatever.

XENOVIN

XENOVIN

FORGET ABOUT THE SPACE JOCKEYS U DON'T NEED TO KNOW KEEP SOME MYSTERY IN THE MOVIES .LIKE I SAID A SEQUAL TO ALIENS AND 4GET ABOUT ALIEN 3 AND 4  AND THE AVP SHITE.BRING BACK THE MARINES AND CHART OTHER INFESTATIONS IN THE UNIVERSE OR LOOK AT DARK HORSE STORIES 4 INSPIRATION.   :o  

RavagerDX

I don't know what to think of this. I don't even know how they could make a prequel (at least, without destroying the other movies). I'd love to find out more about the origin of the Alien, but then again, the mystery is what makes it so great. I'm confused, lol!   :P   Anyway, I'll just wait and see (which is something I'm saying a lot about AVP related things lately). Well, at least Scott is involved! Praying for something good here! And after the horrible AVP movies, could it get any worse?

new

new

More News On Fox's ALIEN: LAST FLIGHT OF THE SPACE JOCKEY!!! Beaks here...  Remember that ALIEN remake Bloody-Disgusting reported on last week? Well, thanks to some pointed questioning by Collider's Steve "Frosty" Weintraub (who probably just attended his last Fox junket until Tom Rothman is tossed out on his tuchus) at today's THE TAKING OF PELHAM 1, 2, 3 press junket, we know now that it's a prequel. 'Cuz that's what hot.  Weintraub got this scoop from Tony Scott, who's producing the prequel with his brother Ridley at Fox. He also confirmed Bloody-Disgusting's report that the Scott brothers' protege, Carl Rinsch, will helm the project. There are no plot details yet, but my good friend and former colleague Drew McWeeny is probably not far off the mark with his fervent enthusiasm for a Space Jockey origin tale on Twitter. I hope this bittersweet scene makes it into Rinsch's film:  "'One day, Mommy Space Jockey, I'll go to the stars and I'll meet someone from another planet!' Sad, foreshadowy music."  I've got nothing but apathy for this movie. Maybe Ridley and Tony will hire a talented young screenwriter to knock out a sequel that doesn't trash the memory of the first and second films (I really like the third, too, but the first two are indisputable classics). I wish I could be optimistic, but they'll be working under the aegis of Fox aka The Prequel Factory. Here's hoping they've got a significant degree of autonomy over there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed