Sigourney Weaver Talks Alien 5

Started by Darkness, Aug 10, 2008, 08:10:34 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver Talks Alien 5 (Read 19,097 times)

Rob - - - - - - ski

Rob - - - - - - ski

What he'll do for ALIENS and PREDATORS?  Nolan may not have made an "official" sci-fi movie, but his movies have plenty science involved in it. In "The Prestige" he had sciences involved in the magacians "dream in reality" of REAL magic. And in suspense. I never seen a thriller so captivating in recent years since the Sixth Sense. The thrill of what you know or don't know will make the Alien and Predator Universe a what it'll use to be. He'll won't overexpoilt the Alien, he'll never have it come near a clear light. He'll show more of what Aliens can do, showing "perfect organism" intellengence, and probably will never have us know it. The Predator has his own plan in each film. Nolan will make his predator's objection "almost classified" since the human characters' story POV has no idea themselves. The Gadgets and Vehicles in BB and DK are made in physics of reality. Make the the Predator's equipment and weapons be so truly based on that your convinced it's real. The origin and backstory of the Joker is never revealed. He's like an evil force fused in human form. He's a mystery. And you fear what you don't understand. Nolan will make the Alien be the devil you can hardly see, hear, feel and he's influencing you to decay. The story will be all how the humans take it all in. The miracle that anyone survived.  AVPGALAXY.net make a poll if Christopher Nolan is the MAN to continue the torch of the Alien and Predator.

Sulaco

Sulaco

Rob------ski   oh.

rudy ripley

rudy ripley

:)   yeah, every alien movie or predator, there's always a new director, depends if they want to work as a team to make Alien 5. Predator 3, well, who would like to return or be a whole new cast for that Pred3 film? If there was one.

Rob - - - - - - ski

Rob - - - - - - ski

Sulaco:   ???????  What are you saying???????

Alien Genesis

Alien Genesis

To Xenomorphine: In all fairness, I don't think the Alien creatures can be any more "demystified" if someone tried.  After two terrible Aliens films, one decent AVP film, and another atrocious AVPR film, I think we're beyond "demystifcation" at this point.  Going back to the beginning is the shot in the arm this series needs.

Rudy M Alapag Jr

Rudy M Alapag Jr

I think up towards A4, i think that's it of the Alien series... and just a start on AVP franchise. We still want a Alien live-action TV series but not animation. Real life action Alien(s) battling new character(s).If we can't get a A5, well, it has to be until a long time from now. Weaver, well, depends on the money and she did talk about going back to space but for a scout derelict ship being revealed.

Xenomorphine

'Robski', you're free to think that way if you want. Just don't expect me to agree with you - and don't feel aghast, jsut because I wasn't impressed with those films. They were good enough for the 'Batman' franchise, yes, but as films, in general, I was not particularly impressed by them.  And I repeat, they had a visual style which I don't personally feel would fit very well in an 'Alien' film.  Yes, he might like to go for a certain degree of realism (nowhere near to the level of Cameron or Scott, however), but you could say the same about Anderson, in some respects. Just go and look at 'Event Horizon'.  And remember, a director isn't necessarily the same as the people who write the script. Don't go mistaking them for one and the same entity.  Alien Genesis: Sure they can be demystified a lot more. Just go and read the crappy fan fiction scripts so often seen for a fifth film, done by fans. A high proportion of them try and deal with the Space Jockey and it's always mediocre. It's much better to leave that a mystery and explore something new.

Rob - - - - - - ski

Rob - - - - - - ski

To Xenomorphine:  Alright.

the guy

the guy

Aliens should have gotten a best picture nomination

lee

lee

I mean if u think about it, if the Weland/Yutani corp got the predator gun then answer this Why the hell didnt the marines use the technology in the future films???????? instead of bullets??????

Xenomorphine

Watch the film again and listen to Hudson's speech, near the start, about "phased plasma pulse rifles" and all of that. :)  Not that I think that gun is actually based on plasma, even though most people assume it is, but there were allusions to them having more advanced stuff.

lee

lee

DOH!

privatehudson1000

i hope it does happen and that sigorney is back cause it just wouldnt feel right without ripley   ;D  

gameoverman

gameoverman

@Xenomorphine:  It's probably based on the gun in the future scenes of Terminator.

jimmylace

jimmylace

I wouldnt want to see a prequel - Alien V should at least wrap up Ripleys story. Im happy with pretty much any director as long as theyre suited to the material (i.e not a style over substance hack like Anderson or an arthouse director that think its just another Hollywood movie like Jeunet)  Theres no point to Alien V if they dont tie up the loose ends and bring back some smart sci-fi horror.  As for AvP - that needs a serious rethink. Maybe a Predator 3 and an Alien V done properly would allow them to reboot the crossover. But I do agree that if Alien V is ever to be made its got to be soon and within the next 3 years or so

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed