AvP Franchise Dead, Long Live Predator?

Started by Darkness, Sep 22, 2008, 09:30:06 PM

Author
AvP Franchise Dead, Long Live Predator? (Read 29,860 times)

MrFacehug

Sulaco makes a great point here: A lot of different (sometimes wierd stuff) happens in the comics. In an aliens comic they introduced a king alien, in a predator one they had a predator that killed for pleasure and lived with a bunch of jungle people. And they can do all that wierd stuff in the comics, I don't mind that. And that's simply because the comics AREN'T CANON. The fact that that they included a team up in AvP was ridiculous and completely destroyed the predator character. The predator is supposed to be a villain (maybe anti-hero) in the movies, and because they made him "everyone's best friend the predator" in AvP 1 I got really pissed off. Which I'm sure that a lot of fans can agree with.  (Continue)

MrFacehug

That's the first reason why I hate the team up: It destroys the predator character. The second reason is because that the team up made the predators uber-popular and the aliens hated by the general public (maybe hated is a strong word, but you see my point). And in AvP:R, it didn't matter if the alliance didn't exist when the pred was killing aliens as easy as piercing wet paper. The aliens got more left out and the preds rose in popularity. This is supposed to be AvP, not PkA (Predators kills Aliens). I mean, in a good AvP movie, there should be no team ups and no uber-preds. Then it would be equal and the crowd would appreciate both creatures.  So in AvP 3, they should have normal preds, like the one in Predator 1. Because if the aliens owned the unblooded preds in AvP, and got owned by the Near-Elder Pred in AvP:R, then it should be an equal fight if the preds were normal.

Sulaco

Sulaco

MrFacehug// Truer words were never more spoken, anyway if P3 is the go, they need to get back to the brutality of the beast. The villian. NO TEAM-UPS FUX, I mean FOX!!!

aliensetta

aliensetta

I'm happy for the hope of a Predator three but I hate John Davis though I don't know why I just do.

Keep Rockin

I'd love to see AVP 3(by the Strauses) or Predator 3 by someone knew...its just great to know that the predator character and franchise still has some life left in it.  AVP and AVP-R were practically Predator 3 and 4 with alien's making special guest appearences anyway.  And so I'm all up for P3, AVP and AVP-R told a single story that sets up the alien franchise in a pretty cool way, it'll be cool to see the Predator franchise move on from battling aliens.

YAUTJA

YAUTJA

i would like to see something where the fans could all put an idea foreward of something they would like to see in the next avp "space" movie (even if its just 1 idea each), and if FUX (gud one by the way sulaco) hired a good director who would pay attention to us, maybe the ideas would give them new ideas and inspiration to make a great movie for us?

rudy ripley

rudy ripley

;)   you know there shouldn't have been a AVP 1 and AVP 2. Cause that would've messed up the franchise of the Aliens movies. I was waiting for A5 to continue with Rip or have a story about how the Aliens were let out and why they were let out. With Ripley, well, continue with her being half-human and Alien DNA. She's not yet ready to go back to Earth, and AVP1 was set on Earth and the Alien species were what; fell down to the planet? That was why it open up for AVP1. Your call.

jimmyboy

I thought the best thing about AVP2 was the ending

shakermakerman

You all sound like spoilt teens not getting their own way   :D  

Zetec

Zetec

I think they should make avp3 but make it a decent movie this time FOX!!!! i dont think we need predator 3 because the avp movies are pretty much predator movies but with aliens.   Fox should fork out a big budget! get a great screenplay from a good writer! either have the brothers strause to return to direct (there not that bad) or get a great film maker! make the 'space epic' that us fans want! and end avp with a bang!  Once that has been done! make alien 5 with ridley scott! and then leave both the alien and predator to rest   :)  

Wolfs Girl

I just wish they would make up thier f**king minds! First they say there wil definitely be an avp3 and it will be set in space. And now they f**king say it's ditched and they are looking at P3/ Well, wtf, they can't f**king do a decent follow up film, what makes me think they have a clue at all? Fox just laves more of a bad taste in my mouth every damned day. Fire them all and get REAL filmmakers working!

star wars

star wars

the worst thing about avpr was the ending!

Sgt. Marv

Sgt. Marv

:)     ;D     ;)     :o    Well... we just hope it's good. They better not relate Pred 3 to any AvP project. This film needs Mctiernan and Thomas Brothers to save it... save us... and maybe Fox?!  Alien Franchise ruined. dont bring Ripley back. keep it to Marines and scientists like Doom movie.

XENOMORPH ALIENS

sounds good to me too but i am hoping they'll get a great script and a great director and most importantly a great director. no paul anderson or the brothers strause doing anymore avp movies, alien movies, or predator movies. i want to see another predator movie so badly!! FOX DONT RUIN PREDATOR 3 LIKE THEY DID TO AVP AND AVP-R!!

predatorwarrior8

thats good that they are making a predator 3 but i wanted to see the new avp3 but they just sad its on hold it will come

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed