Online AvP2 Comes To An End

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 11, 2008, 12:52:09 AM

Author
Online AvP2 Comes To An End (Read 18,269 times)

LARGE

LARGE

well..shit happens

DarkBladeClan Wolf

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11    :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(  

Carnage

Carnage

Dont be sad. Remember that 80% of servers are not from sierra.

PINTO

PINTO

:'(   well i remember when this happened to avp:gold when mplayer shut down and moved to gamespy, i was in the second most known clan then called SS species slayers run by flyer, when it switched to gamespy alot of people moved on to something else, then came avp2 restarted SS and continued but i havent played avp2 in along time now but seeing this brought back alot of times i had playing the games that started me on online gaming cuz avp:gold was my first competive game ever...well avp3 hurry cuz ill be back and i think i might look for my old avp2 game put away somewere and get back on for a bit    ;)  

alsuf

alsuf

>:D  dude! i was just playing avp2 online 5 minutes ago, then i go on here and it says they gona shut it down??? no f**king way!!! aliens colonial marines better have online competition!

konradski

konradski

then i go on here and it says they gona shut it down?  no sierras shutting down their server,people still make there own servers , how many more time,s do we have to repeat ourselves  for all the people who dont understand how online games work   1. companys make a few public servers when the game is in infancy  they usualy get rid of these when they see popularity failing or the game has gotten old  so you realy think steam owns over a thousand servers think of the vast majority are publicly owned 2.those who wish to run non standard servers or have control of the idiots (ie able to kick without a vote system or run clan ladder matche,s)and gameplay create their own .thus either renting a server or using a spare server orientated system from home  hope this clarifys the issue   again !!!all sierra are doing is not giving support to said games in the list or having a public server so expect no patches  or even a sierra server  the game will still work online and in lan just as avp still works

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

QuoteThe 21st of November will be a closing chapter for the fandom and this site
Do you mean AVPGALAXY!?

The Diesel

The Diesel

So, basically the SG Command server I use will be unaffected by this since it's not a Sierra Server anyway.  Then there isn't really a problem here.

spychi

spychi

No, the most awesome online game oh no

SHREK

SHREK

shame...very good game, but many say that clan servers will still be online and can be accessed through gamespy, is this true?

Izaak

Izaak

Sierra gave the rights away to someone else, otherwise they would have kept the server running.

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

Quote[The 21st of November will be a closing chapter for the fandom and this site
Do you mean AVPGALAXY!?[/quote] I'll take the silence as a no.

"Flare"thePredator

"Flare"thePredator

Man, that was my 2nd favorite computer game to play.   :'(   I hope they make a completly NEW kinda AVP game or something like that?!.   ???  

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote(it was initially created as a fansite for the game).
No, I'm saying that it's a sad moment 'cause the site was created as a site to support the game. AvPGalaxy.net is going nowhere and it's a silly assumption to make.

Dane

Dane

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!   :'(   I've had this game for so long. There are many who play, its not ancient. Loads of people use it. NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!    :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed