Online AvP2 Comes To An End

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 11, 2008, 12:52:09 AM

Author
Online AvP2 Comes To An End (Read 18,068 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Despite its age Serria’s Aliens vs Predator 2 for the PC has been running strong since its release and is still receiving no end of updates and mods from the fanbase. It has simply been keeping the gaming fanbase alive. Until now:

“Sierra, now part of the vast Activision Blizzard group, have revealed that they are to close 21 game servers come the 1st of November. Most of the games losing online support are pretty ancient anyway, so we imagine only a few will be put out – Sierra offering no explanation for the cessation of service.”

And the first game on that list is Aliens vs Predator 2. The 21st of November will be a closing chapter for the fandom and this site (it was initially created as a fansite for the game). I can only hope we’ll be seeing a new PC AvP game and that the upcoming Aliens games will be fantastic. For the rest of the games being axed go to Play.tm. Thanks to Harry for the news.

Purebreedalien

What do you mean finally? It's as if you wanted it to die   :'(     I only got the game this year and I have joined a clan and had many fond memories online but it seems that everything is over now.    :'(    Rest In Peace AvP2.

Corporal Hicks

Better?

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

The game will not die don't worry. The server will just not be anymore on the list. IP + Port = fix Some people are workong on the problem to make a server database. When the master server gamespyarcade will close, the new one will take the relay. Problem fixed.

{AA}AwBraSil

{AA}AwBraSil

Some Ppl are going to use hamachi,for LAN servers,i hope Le celticant is right    :)  

griker

griker

well it was fun while it lasted but it dosn't support wide screen like todays games they should realy make an AvP III pc game  here for you guys  http://fc97.deviantart.com/fs20/f/2007/290/9/4/predator_by_nebezial.jpg

Cetanu

Cetanu

Crap noooooo!  I just got this game and I just started playing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Petition! Petition!

Sgt.Torque Reikan

gee I wake up and go online to here... this sucks not a good feeling to wake up in the moarning and 1 of your favorite games is gonna be ass f**ked by the new actvision   :-\  

siruk

siruk

:(     >:(     :o   well...the end...

Purebreedalien

Yeah I guess it's better Hicks, sorry I'm just disappointed   :'(  

xor_ew

xor_ew

i don't see any problem with multiplayer. there's many clan's servers and they'll be still working... as it was said IP + Port = fix :]

Bio Mech Hunter

Wow. I had no idea they've still been running those old servers. lol I've been playing the AJL mod for years now (for a far more realistic and accurate AVP experience   ;)  ), so I'm not too bummed.  Still this is kinda sad. *recalls the good ol' days* Now. If only they'd get off their lazy, ignorant asses and recognize fans having been chomping at the bit to get a proper 3rd AVP installment for the PC for a very long time. It's been about 8 freak'n years already! Today's tech would work wonders for the franchise. Aliens: Colonial Marines looks like a great example.

Riptr2

Riptr2

I've not played AvP2 that much, but when I do play the multiplayer aspect: it is fairly fun.  It's a shame to see such a good game go, but I guess Aliens: Colonial Marines will be a good "substitute" until (if/when) AvP 3 comes around.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Maybe they are doing this because there are plans for an AVP3 for the PC?

AVP Torrent

AVP Torrent

wow good thing I d/l'ed the torrent and played online while I could lol. I got my satisfaction ^_^  and btw there is another avp game coming out anyways not sure if it relates to movie or not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed