Alien 5 without Aliens?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 06, 2008, 11:47:26 PM

Author
Alien 5 without Aliens? (Read 13,896 times)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Ridley has always wanted to create a completely new alen monster. I think though that Ripley's situation where she's lived on and off over a few hundred years in one state or another reminds me a bit of the scenario of The Forever War which Ridley has attached himself to to make into a movie

Rudy M Alapag Jr

Rudy M Alapag Jr

How about this: A Alien 5 prequel?  Like how the company knew about the Aliens, and why they want those creatures so badly, why the Aliens were taken out."HOW" the company started. One more thing: The Queen Alien made herself? From a woman somehow into a queen? Well, to me those questions or ideas is from the ALIENS: ORIGINAL SIN explains all. But should we really see a 5th Alien film?

predalien-hybrid

predalien-hybrid

Alien 5 does need the alien. It is in the title after all and if Ridley Scott doesn't want to use the same creature design, he should adleast consult Giger for some monster ideas.

blackhawk

blackhawk

All i gotta say is: here we go again!!!

nchurch81

nchurch81

I think it's the best idea we've had for the aliens series in a long time.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Ummmm... Then the movie shouldn't be called Alien 5, It should be called Ellen Ripley. Jesus this franchise is headed for the toilet...

Axlotl

Axlotl

I'd be thrilled for this if it was done well, i'd much rather the universe mythology expanded well, so the franchise could expand into greater things than just aliens or predators. I want some info rich universe to nerd out about, like the star wars/trek nerds have.

xor_ew

xor_ew

It would be the most stupid thing I've ever heard! Adventures of Ellen Ripley without Aliens? It would be look like "Ewoks" movie without Star Wars characters... I believe that Ridley has had something different on his mind - maybe fresh story about Aliens...    ???  

MrFacehug

MrFacehug

I have to agree with Space Disc Jockey about one thing: I'd love to see further exploration of the Space Jockeys. Although, I'm completely against removing the aliens from the series. I'm convinced that you can make the aliens scary if you do it right, and if you combine aliens with Space Jockeys you'll get the old stuff that fans know and love, plus new exciting stuff for both the general public and the old fans.  The story could have a similar tone to Aliens at some parts. Imagine a classic scientific base getting overrun by aliens, but this time they're not acting on their own, but are controlled by the Jockeys. And Ripley goes with a team of marines to eliminate the hive, wich is located in a nearby mountain, and then she finds Space Jockey ruins similar to the ones in the AvP2 game. They could show alot of untold stories with that concept, and also throw in some sweet action and horror moments. In the end, the Jockeys could loose the control over the aliens and then a lone Jockey will have to fight the queen or something. I'm just brainstorming here, but this has a lot of possibilities.  Also, since the aliens had a cameo in Predator 2, with the skull on the wall, they could show some kind of connection between the preds and the Jockeys in Alien 5. Like just a small hint or something, that creates more mystery and gets the fanbase hooked.    :P  

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

You can't make an Alien movie without the Aliens. It's simple as that. If Ridley Scott is smart, by whidch he is no dummy, then I would believe that he would scrap this idea and somehow think of a way of making new ideas and explorations while remaining true to the Alien series.   If he wants to do something like this, then he might as well make a TV series about it, like Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.   I recall sometime in early 2000, that Fox was debating on an AvP/Aliens/Predator TV series known as ALIENS: OMEGA, but it was never produced.   This would be a good time to do it.  But a movie without the Aliens? Uh-uh.. Ridley Scott, if you're smart, you won't go with that idea.

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

No aliens what will the film be called Ellen Ripley maybe she goes up against the company dont forget shes now half alien her self

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

Being an Aliens fan veteran I like the Ellen Ripley Idea think about it she is the Alien now the company wants her she has to fight to survive

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

I want an Ellen Ripley movie that is if its done well

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

War Wager you said   "If they put Ripley in a movie without Aliens, I won't be seeing it. Simple as."  Even if Sigourney Weaver was in it and Ridley Scott was the director?

MrFacehug

MrFacehug

I guess I would see it to check if Ridley really lost his mind or not...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed