Alien Saga Unfinished?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 17, 2008, 03:22:06 PM

Author
Alien Saga Unfinished? (Read 9,089 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Following up on Weaver’s recent idea of having an Alien 5 without any Aliens, MovieHole has just released a little article after they got the chance to talk to Weaver:

“And, you know, I don’t think we have a deep, pressing need to finish the saga although it does definitely feel unfinished to me. And I think if I wanted to go and have a meeting with Jim about it, I’m sure he’d be game”.

Usual stuff really. As expected she also takes the chance to slag off the recent AvP movies (that’s our lass  :)  ). But to quote Dreamcatcher, “same shit, different day”. Read the whole thing at MovieHole. Thanks to DazAvP85 for the news.

Cellien

Cellien

Yes, most of us by now realize she has no real idea/plan for another movie... or not.

War Wager

War Wager

I'm getting bored of these 'we're thinking about it' comments, just make the darn thing! The Alien series needs it now more than ever!!!

Chris P

Chris P

Nice, I agree with Wager, "I'm geting bored with the 'we're thinging about it..' comments."  Weaver says she wants to do more Alien films, I say just do the stupid thing!  We want a new ALIEN film, so give us it!  Although, it would be REALLY hard because of AVP exposing the ALIEN a bit too uch in a "wrong" image.

beeko

beeko

i think she thinks she owns the franchise or something just because she thinks about another movie doesnt mean FOX will do it . remember they only gave avpr 25 million for the whole film , she will want that amount just for herself and some how i dont think FOX will give alien 5 an 80 million or so budget, not for a movie that is now 5 sequels in

Dual Blade

Dual Blade

I seriously believe in one thing ...  ... Alien 5 WILL happen, fact! (well my fact at least    :D  ) ....  ... the question is WHEN ?????? They should redo it similar to the terminator Salvation, with a bigger bugget (if Signorney Weaver isn't in in) they will be able to afford to do it well ... BRING James and Ridley Scotts invovment (and I reckon Danny Boyle and Thomas Paul Anderson - there will be blood) and their on to a winner for sure.

Wmmvrrvrrmm

Wmmvrrvrrmm

I suppose if there is anything going on with another movie coming, no one's going to spill any relevant beans

Sulaco

Sulaco

First its Ridley, now Cameron. Who's on board next Fincher?

xor_ew

xor_ew

Well... It's funny: words like "we're talking about" etc. have been started to be boring a two years ago. These times I had some hope to see good next Alien movie but now...? Add some news about Alien wthout Aliens and we can expect shity "No-Aliens 5: Boooring Memories of Ellen Ripley"    :-\  

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

To me, it felt VERY finished at 3.  It was a fantastic finale.  I agree that it doesn't feel finished, but that's because A:R came in and f**ked it up.    :P  

Rudy M Alapag Jr

Rudy M Alapag Jr

if she wants to make a alien 5, she needs to be in it. she wants to find out about how that alien ship got there. (she said from the "Alien Commentary" in the scene where she sleeps and fades away onto the end credits).if it doesn't happen, then i'm sure that i'll keep on the Aliens novels,and will it end? well,Rip says: " i don't know, i'm a stranger to earth myself" - A Resurrection. Aliens Original Sin explains all. don't need to take my suggestion.

dachande89

dachande89

Aliens Original Sin was pretty bad so Im not gonna take their explaination. Especially when they had 7 chest bursters come outta one guy. If they make a new film great, if not I can deal with it. Its just this maybe crap going on for so long thats annoying. Either shit or get off the pot.

Dallas 224

Dallas 224

So funny...Well I m ready for an AVP 3 or a Predator 3. I hope It ll come. Great franchises finally... Without bullshit from Hollywood expensive star... Alien franchise end at the 3 to me. RIP

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Actually, that's the same quote as before. It's a section from the same interview, just eliminating certain other parts.  The only thing it has her aparently dismissing for definite, is Cameron's own involvement.

Rudy M Alapag Jr

Rudy M Alapag Jr

how about a Alien TV series, you guys didn't even have a second thought about it? Well, who's gonna do it? Do it without Ellen Ripley, or if after Alien 4, she said "i'm a stranger...etc." we don't need her, she made it back to earth. "End" of story.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed