New Comics Coming 2009

Started by Darkness, Jul 30, 2008, 06:17:50 PM

Author
New Comics Coming 2009 (Read 12,463 times)

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

to RakaiThwei  I agree with you about this 'If Dark Horse is going to do the new comics, they better be gritty, hard and have lots of profanity and violence as they did back in the day' the comics did have a lot of violence and some were pretty dark, but its not the art I don't like, its just that some of them were so bright and colourful, except for the art in 'nightmare asylum' that was amazing, I hope the new comics look as good as that did.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

To Mr. Weyland  Glad to know we agree on something here! As for the bright and colorful point you have made, I'm not really getting it here and there-- but then again I could care less on coloring as I tend to focus more on line art, inking and the story telling.  The only bad artwork in a AvP comic was Ariel Olivetti's work in Superman and Batman vs Alien and Predator...    I posted up a review of Civilized Beast and it was a step in the right direction for Dark Horse; but none of their human characters were killed.   Lets hope they change that in the newer comics.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

to RakaiThwei  in Superman and Batman vs Alien and Predator the predators looked weird, there mandibles were stumpy and they were green for god's sake, I always think that the story is the most important thing in comics and books and so on, but I like the comic to be visually pleasing and interesting as well.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I'm glad their making new comics of AVP, because if they are really REALLY good then maybe a talented director might adapt one of the stories to the big screen. Kind of like a reboot   :-\   maybe

Sulaco

Sulaco

Phantom, your cool and have read your comments in the forum, can't even login, not a computer guy, stay cool. S

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

"maybe a talented director might adapt one of the stories to the big screen. Kind of like a reboot undecided maybe"  Why do I bother    ::)  

Sulaco

Sulaco

That's just it, Camerons story had so much back-log it could of been like a Band of brothers on LV426 on HBO

Sulaco

Sulaco

Why do I brother   :P  

gameoverman

gameoverman

I'm kind of "meh" as I don't read the comics.    If it was a game - that would be awesome, but we are getting A:CM and the Alien RPG (?) next year so that's ok.  If it was a movie - GTFOH

Harry72

Harry72

I love it. Heyo that's great !    :P  

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

YESSSS i thought i had everything, i guess having all the omnibus books are not enough  can't wait for the pred and avp comics

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

i like that reboot idea with the stories

ClockworkHorror

ClockworkHorror

A reboot is smart.  The last set of series was plagued by the break of continuity when the new movies came out. The EU was all over the place.  It'd be cool of SEGA, Gearbox, Obsidian, and Dark Horse are all communicating for the sake of the new games.:)

Cetanu

Cetanu

I only read some of the debate about Yautja-Hish, but I am with the Yautja all the way and the code of honor is the best. Everything about the Yautja is cool.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Whew. Wow. I'll I can say is, what a relief. lol After AVP:R, I don't think I can handle another Alien & Predator mutilation like that. *sigh* Damn Fox.  Although, I must say I'm really disappointed the banners weren't for a new AVP game (wtih a PC version plz   :P   ) Getting new comics is okay I guess.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed