Stan Winston: 1946-2008

Started by Darkness, Jun 16, 2008, 08:21:41 PM

Author
Stan Winston: 1946-2008 (Read 21,274 times)

pretrixalated

pretrixalated

when you hear of people that die you don't think much of it especially if its  someone  you don't  know but when a legend like stan  winston passes away it makes you realise that the people  you know and love will one day go too  I hope your in a better place Stan.  you knew above everyone what making robots or dinosaurs  was all about. you will be missed                                              :-\  

Elorrra

Elorrra

I'm so sad right now... He was the BEST and will be forever.    :-X   Nyugodjon b

Shouldercannon

Shouldercannon

Terrible News. My condolences to his family and friends. Aliens and Predator and of course Jurassic Park, Terminator, etc will be his lasting legacy and what future generation of AVP fans and moviegoers will remember him for.

Gunshard

Gunshard

This is sad news, we will remember you Stan Winston. :[

Warrior Angel

Warrior Angel

at first when i read this, i didn't believe it....and finding out that it is true i am deeply and utterly depressed and in awe with tears dripping down my cheeks....Stan, to me was a hero,a role model because i wanted to design creatures and stuff and i will forever miss a true Hollywood legend.....R.I.P. Stan Winston   :'(     :'(     :'(  

Warrior Angel

Warrior Angel

{Gort Pred --- that Jim Carry passes}  .....even worse: Stan Lee when that happens the Comic Industry will fall

Sulaco

Sulaco

All good things must come to an end. R.I.P. Stan.

ZEN

ZEN

What really pisses me off is the fact that when Heath Ledger died--(to me,no big loss there)--he was on local TV and radio in less then 48 hour's.The late Mr. Stan "the man" Winston--who is the greatest special effects artist/creator/designer in the world!!--died 4 day's ago and he is'nt even on MSNBC!!!!!!!(TV).Ya I get that they do the whole privacy thing,but it should have been on at least one news station or tabloid show by now!!!!!!!!!.News people disgust me!!   >:(  .What also sucks is the fact that we're stuck with Tom and Alec,ya they're OK,but thats it,OK.RIP STAN!!!!!!!!!!!!   :(     :(     :(     :(     :(     :(     :(     :(     :(     :(     :(     :(     :(     :(     :(     :(     :(     :(     :(     :(  .

ZEN

ZEN

I'll be leaving for a while,but I just want to say that there are very few things all of us fans can agree on,but with the passing of Mr. Winston,we all feal the exact same pain,and we will all miss him equally.And I'm man enough to admit that I cried because he died,that's how much I'll miss him,SO HERE'S TO YOU STAN!!!!!!!!.THE GREATEST GUY WE'LL EVER KNOW!!!!!!!!  Dtai'Kai-dte sa-de nau'gkon dtain'aun bpi-de Thin-de le'hasuan 'aloun'myin-del bpi-de gka-de hasou-de paya Payas Leitjin-de Hma'mi-de U'sl-kwe.     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(  .

Predator

Predator

Farewell Mr. Winston (bow)

Kev_Thei

Kev_Thei

Farewell Mr. Winston, God bless you (bow) and... thanks for the memories...

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

ZEN: could not agree more with you mate, over here in australia i have been waiting anxiously for the media to report his passing but do you think they would? HELL NO, they'd rather report stupid celebs back in rehab or gordon ramseys "pottymouth". In case youre not up with current events journals but we have lost THE greatest creature designer of the 20th and 21st centuries.  This guy single handedly defined the action, sci fi, adventure genre in special effects and still today his legacy lives on.  R.I.P. Stan Winston.

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

*meant journo's

Hickson

Hickson

The legacy will live.....

Zero the Legend

Zero the Legend

:(  RIP Stan   :'(   My favorite film of his was Jurassic Park.He was a good man and movie producer   :(  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed