Tom Woodruff AvPR Interview

Started by Darkness, Apr 14, 2008, 07:29:48 PM

Author
Tom Woodruff AvPR Interview (Read 11,625 times)

Darkness

Darkness

ShockTillYouDrop.com were lucky enough to visit ADI’s studio and talk to Tom Woodruff about working on AvPR.

Shock: Out of the action set pieces on AvP: Requiem, what turned out to be the most challenging for you?
Woodruff: The Strause Brothers were smart, as was [screenwriter] Shane Salerno, in bringing the classic elements of the Alien movie which always has corridors. There are always the corridors of the ship or the corridors of the prison planet in Alien 3 or the ship in Resurrection. Here we have the sewers or the electrical power plant, the grids and walkways. It’s all conducive to the feel of an Alien film, but the most difficult was certainly the rooftop scene…

The interview is very detailed. There’s also a review of the Unrated DVD over on ComingSoon.net. They give the movie 4/10 and the extras 7/10.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'll give it another hour max before start screaming at Woodruff for calling the BS and Salerno smart   :P  

Purebreedalien

Lol wtf?

Remonster

Remonster

Smart my muscular buttocks. Salerno couldn't write for jack.

Dallas001

Dallas001

???    Shane Salerno Smart? The Strauss Bros Smart? Well Tom with a LARGELY NEGATIVE review of BOTH AVP's you may want to go back in time and see how Alien films used to win OSCARS.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The first film also had corridors. In fact, those versions in that were more intense, because of the 'Cube'-like claustrophobia and unpredictability of them.

Danger Close

Danger Close

Stan Winston... where did you go?   >:(  

Cellien

Cellien

Winston left with the good Alien movies.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Kill woodruff, he is a shame. Especially when he talk about us "the fan" that he didn't want disappointed... here he fail.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

come back Stan!!! the guys you recommended are doing Bad jobs!!! we want YOU!!!

blackhawk

blackhawk

Please bring back Stan Winston!! Stan we need you!!! Does anyone know if AvP R is going to released for the PSP???

WhySoSerious

WhySoSerious

I'll get the stake to put Woodruff on, who's gonna bring the torches???

ZEN

ZEN

They did an acceptable job (in my opinnion),and nothing more.  "come back Stan!!! the guys you recommended are doing Bad jobs!!! we want YOU!!!"  Like I said,acceptable,BUT WE NEED STAN NOW!!!!!.

ZEN

ZEN

I hope that for AVP-3 they get a serious director,Bill Paxton (It would make that franchise complete with him,after all,he was in A2 and P2,and he could play Jerry Hudson   ;D  ),it should take place in the future with Ripley and be over 2 hours long.And they should also get a good wrighter too.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

..........  You think?   ::)  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed