DVDTalk Reviews Unrated AvPR DVD

Started by Darkness, Mar 14, 2008, 01:31:00 PM

Author
DVDTalk Reviews Unrated AvPR DVD (Read 16,222 times)

Wolfs Girl

Pfffft! I've already ordered it. So no cemetary  patch up scene added either? This sucks! I guess those greedy bastards over at Fox might release yet another version with the bits we want in it sometime down the line. This really pisses me off how many f**king versions they are releasing already, still with a lot missing. Assholes.

Wolfs Girl

the only thing they did really well(besides the makeup) was Wolf and that's reason enough for me to badly want this film. Shame about the rest of it.

Rob - - - - - - ski

Rob - - - - - - ski

I prepared myself for AVPR to be bad when I went to see it for I know it would by all the complaints I've heard already. But because I expected the worst I had some appeal to it.  As a movie 0/4. As a 'B' movie 2.5/4 Compare this to a movie that can afford better actors, script, special effects, directors, everything else this film would be called horrible or worse. But compare to "B" movies that haven't been really noticable in decades especially in sci-fi that can't afford the top talent of all that I've listed, this is a solid effort. So depending on point of view, I can both LOVE it and HATE it at the same time. Just about how I feel about AVP.

Purebreedalien

I read the review and sighed deeply and uncontrolably.    :(   it's a great film. Why can't they see it?

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

Rob has a point.   The Bros. actually said themselfs that they wanted to make an 80's style movie...well movies like AVP are B movies. So guess what?...they purposly made a B movie.

Necrotard

Necrotard

I don't know what the hell people expected.  That sounds like plenty of new footage.  I think people are just spoiled by epics like Kingdom of Heaven that get extended by a f**king hour on DVD.

YAUTJA

YAUTJA

personaly, i cant wait for this movie on extended dvd, and it makes me laugh when people complain it only contains things like character development....these were the same people that complained when the movie first came out and said that there wasnt enough character development, c'mon! wot do you want? GORT PRED: do you know if two-face will make an apearence at the end of the movie or half way? i heard scarecrows back too?

wmmvrrvrrmm

I'm looking forwards to the extras, blow the movie

JD

JD

The Extras are not even worth it....  you will be able to watch them all online and even on Youtube when its out.

Wmmvrrvrrmm

Wmmvrrvrrmm

I like to have my extras on a DVD at DVD quality

Rob - - - - - - ski

Rob - - - - - - ski

to JD:  And I guess that that the only Alien and Predator films you've watched are those that were on YouTube. And also that you have forbidden yourself to watch any movie, even if you know you'll love it, in theaters never again because it actually requires to pay money and actually travelling a few minutes.   "That along with DVD is sabotaging what movies were made to seen at."

XENOMORPH ALIENS

i love alien 3 i thought it was awesome even back when it was orginally released by in 1992 and i dont care what the critics thought of it. but aliens to me is the best masterpiece movie ever because thats the one that pretty much got every alien fans attention. alien is a masterpiece too with the gothic castle in space. alien resurrection is another good one that went into the whole gentic crossing of alien and human dna which i thought was very interesting. predator and predator 2 are awesome and they kick ass. avp 1 totally sucked balls because the characters were weak, the plot sucked, the script sucked, pretty much avp 1 was just a waste of time.

XENOMORPH ALIENS

but avp-r was an improvement but could have been alot more better with a better script, acting, and a better story. who the hell would want to sit in a theater for hours with boring ass actors and actresses. look at alien to alien resurrection. they had a great exciting cast for all 4 alien movies. great scripts and great plots in all 4 alien movies. also predator and predator 2 had great cast, great scripts, and great plots that made them awesome. i wish fox would get someone else to write a better script for avp3 and have it set after aliens and alien 3 with a great cast and a great script.

XENOMORPH ALIENS

but i am going to get avp-r dvd to see the extended cuts though. lets all just hope for fox's sake that they put in the good money for a good writer to come in and revamp the alien, predator, and avp franchise and show us fans something new and different that we never seen in the alien and predator franchise.    :)  

Hicks_0998

Given the fact that AvP3 has been greenlit, I'm interested to see who will in actual fact direct it as we all know the first AvP went through heaps of potentials, would've preferred JC to Paul "Is this right?" Anderson however.  The hype for its production was huge, it took years.  Maybe Fox will get their heads out of their asses and actually hire a visionary, not some half-assed music vid director.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed