AvP3 On The Way?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 01, 2008, 09:24:15 PM

Author
AvP3 On The Way? (Read 20,332 times)

Slugworth

Slugworth

I actually have a story... 20 pages of notes, 15 pages of a "screenplay" already finished. Involves the events 18 years prior to ALIEN... and actually does hint at further Weyland Yutani exploits... a possible "native" Alien world, Predator pre-hunt rituals and new technology... and briefly (and tastefully) involves the Space Jockey with an indirect Predator tie-in (so not to spoil the mystique of either the Jockey or the Predator).  I don't want to give away my details... but those are the key elements that I'm working with. (I also wish wish to bring back the Predator's vocal-mimicry capabilities as well, and have an eerie scene dedicated to that)  Those are a few things I'd like out of an AvP story.  Who knows:  when I'm done (and nobody wants it),  maybe I'll publish it online.

nudzi

nudzi

Gort Pred, your Predator story is basically the first Predator movie..... but with South-East Asia instead of South America.  The base that Dutch's team attacked was in fact harboring illegal weapons being prepared to ship across international borders... but under false orders to Dutch. Just my constructive criticism. I'll stop if you'd like.  Slugworth, your elements sound interesting.      ;D    we've also gone incerdibly off-topic... STRAUSES FOR AVP3

Slugworth

Slugworth

Thanks.. I've been working on it for a little while. I was afraid that I'd have to make all kinds of adjustments after I saw AVPR, but it actually fit even better. It's fun to write too.  btw... I also briefly threw in an early version of an exo-suit (for comic and game fans) It's reminiscent of the power-loader in ALIENS but used as a security/assault vehicle.    cheers!

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

nudzi, you missed something. In Predator, we didn't really know what was going on with the Predator and Dutch and the bad guys they killed. I wanted to put Pred back in the hot times. Thats the time they hunt, during the hottests times. Well also, in Pred 1, there this whole group of good guys getting killed one by on. In my Pred 3, its one good guy. He goes there and well kinda has to ally himself with the surviving good guys. The Predator when he kills these bad guys, the american starts to become just like the Pred from the ending of the middle and on. Both the Pred and him make traps, and both fall into both. I put that there mainly from Pred 1 for 1 reason. Thats a cool way to have a human fight a Predator. Fight fire with fire. I want to see that again anyway. So the american and the Predator stalk and hunt eachother and in the process, inocent lives are taken from both. Really now I didn't want to do this but I like the ending. The Predator stabs our hero and the hero saws threw the pred. Both die in the nuke. And the gov't forget all that happened and keep it secret and get guys similar to what Key's men were to cover or get things from what happened. Its Predator, or it could be a good Predator remake.   You have to have the Predator down there hunting again. All these missions, no hunts. The Preds hunt the stronges humans on earth, you want to have those in the pred films. We had a soldier, a cop and now pretty much a bounty hunter.

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

Slugworth:  Thats pretty cool. I like it. I'm happy to know theres a connection to the space jocky and the predator. And I'm glad its your own story. Thats a big thing about making an AVP, A, or P movie. You want to make your own story. I'v made like 3 AVP3 stories and 2 Pred 3 stories. No Alien. I think after AR, its done. You want to give out a basic plot?

nudzi

nudzi

There's a line in Predator when Dillon yells "In a few days they would been across the border with this stuff!!" Insinuating that Dylan (the CIA agent) knew of the plan the whole time. I guess it could have been drugs that they were smuggling, but the CIA generally doesnt go after South American drug lords. "This stuff..." insinuates something a lot more dangerous, like weapons... in whatever shape or form.  I understand the differneces in your story, but the main direction of the plot is very similar to Predator 1 and uses similar elements to both Predator movie. You're definitely on the right track with a good Predator story though Still trying to help.  back on topic again... STRAUSES FOR AVP3!!!

nudzi

nudzi

Oh, in Predator 1 when Mac also says something about  Russian Military Advisors and that "...something very big was about to happen here."  That insinuates a possible terrorist threat, and weapons going in to the wrong hands . Just remembered that... sorry.

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

Hey nudzi its all good. Ur name is not SHREK on heres, so I have nothing bad to say about the advice your giving. I noticed i worded something wrong. I didn't mean what was going on with the guys Dutch and everyone killed, i meant we don't know if the Predator was hunting them. Thats what I meant. In mine, the Pred is hunting the bad guys and finds that someone else as soon as he was about to attack take care of them for him. He actually watches the american kill all of them and changes his mind on who to hunt. But thanks for saying I'm on the right track. I'm glad you didn't get all like "your stupid thats not a pred story" shit like some people. Really I should get out right now that if theres a pred and one hero like my story, then I want it to be about the Pred and the hero.

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

Oh yeah, and go Bros. for AVP-3!!!!!!!!!!

Slugworth

Slugworth

Thanks nudzi and Gort Pred, but unfortunately, I don't want to give away my plot before it's done and when I'm positive that nobody wants it.  After that, I may publish it online. This site is really good at informing the fans of other fan-projects. I'll let them know when the time is right, maybe they'll feature it here. If you ask the right questions, I'd be down to fill you in, but there's certain elements that I have to keep a secret.   I have in fact gone to a friend of mine for his advice on the story. He's actually an established writer and English major. You should look up 'Mathew Bortolin'... he wrote "The Dharma of Star wars"... it's really interesting, and funny if you're a Star Wars fan. It's also one of the only books that George Lucas and the Dhali Lama both have in their personal libraries. (shameless plug for my friend)  As far as the Space Jockey/Predator tie-in... its done somewhat indirectly, meaning that they never really come in contact with each other. There's a part in my story where one is mistaken for the other, and that's about as far as it goes. I thought it would be an interesting way to approach a tie-in without ruining the mystique of either creature. The Space Jockey has been a mystery for 30 years now, and I don't want to ruin that. Thanks again.   And Strauses for AvP-3!!!    ;D  

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

Slugworth:  A professtional, nicccccce. I like it. Well I'd love to see it someday. I hope it gets excepted. I love reading scripts. There f**king hard though. Until I read Hous of 1000 Corpses I found my way of writing. Anyway, wow again and can't wait.

nudzi

nudzi

Gort Pred... Ya, your story sounds good, I understand the direction you want to go with it now. Maybe your Cambodian jungle environment could include the scattered ruins of old temples etc... to kind of of give the story a half Predator 1, half AvP 1 kind of feel, since according to Paul Anderson, the Predators influenced the Cambodian culture anyway... and it would also give the story another kind of environment for the heroes to hunt in than just jungle or whatever.  Just an idea.  Slugworth... Are you going to actually try to get your story to Fox, and do you think it's good enough to where they might actually read the whole thing? Also, you mentioned a predator and space jockey tie-in... can you tell us how one would be mistaken for the other?  STRAUSES FOR AVP3!!!   :D  

Slugworth

Slugworth

nudzi... there is a pivotal scene in my story where the human characters discover a certain piece of alien-technology, presumably of Predator origin. The audience finds out later that the "piece" is of Space Jockey origin instead. But again, no one comes in contact with the Space Jockey, who makes an appearance in only one sequence of the story. I guess I can tell you that much, since we're the only one's reading this anyway (like anyone cares).  I also think I might have a fair shot at getting my story in the right hands, whether they choose to take me serious or not. If I got the chance, I'd go prepared with story-boards and a tighter synopsis to try and get them interested in reading the whole story. I have a contact for Ron Cobb, so I'm willing to pay him if he'd be interested in developing a couple ships for me.   I also live in Ventura, CA, 45 minutes from FOX studios... just like the Predator, I'll hunt down producer David Giler if I have too.  So yes, I'm pretty serious about this.     ;D  

nudzi

nudzi

damn slug, it looks like you've got your bases covered. I wish all the luck in the world for you. You know you're gonna need it.   ;)    Can you tell us what this piece of technology is, or would that just ruin the whole surprise? Also could you give us a rundown of the opening scene to your story?   STRAUSES FOR AVP3!!!

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

I'm with nudzi, i want to know too and yeah, your story sounds more...Alien vs Predator like with connections. Mine just sounded like Aliens and Predator, not vs. Well still I'm happy with my Pred 3. But still hahaha I want to know too.   Go Strauses for AVP3, but ya know...Go Slug for AVP3! too

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed