Strause Brothers Interview

Started by Darkness, Jan 05, 2008, 08:17:56 PM

Author
Strause Brothers Interview (Read 15,598 times)

Agame

Agame

I can't wait anymore

Ok7

Ok7

chaz AvPR made 42-45 millions in USA . Total will be 150 millions+DVD 80 millions.

Silent-Hal

Silent-Hal

I agree Hicks, the original AVP comic book would have made a great movie. Its still the best piece of AVP fiction IMO. Unfortunately all we've gotten so far are some pretty lame references and homages in the movies    :-[  , they even tried to base Wolf off of Brocken Tusk.

stealth bunny

stealth bunny

i've just watched avp-r and dragon wars and they both have the same problem lame characters but gr8 monsters and efx,i could not care less if every died in both films and that is a big problem,cut the people out and just give us monsters if this is how bad the writing is going to be!   :-[  

Ty

Ty

Hey cultistofvertigo! What the heck are you talking about? Alien 7? There was only 4 just Alien movies. Duh da duh!    :D   Theres Alien, Aliens, Alien 3. and Alien: resurrection. The AVP films don't really count as "just" Alien movies.

Sulaco

Sulaco

The future is bleak for these series, and by the time they make a predator 3 straight to dvd, I'm gonna be a f*ckin old man!  Because this is like finding Moses dvd collection!   ;D  

chaz

chaz

ok 7 boxofficemojo.com says avp has made in the mid 30's in the USA so far with about 50 million worldwide. it probably wont make what avp1 made which is fine cause we all know what movie is better. hopefully it makes a lot more overseas where the market it much better, i would like avpr to make 175-200 worldwide. which is def a long shot

Ok7

Ok7

I hope   ;D  

Predhunter

Predhunter

Well, considering that AVP made $38m on opening weekend and at the 2nd weekend AVP2 made so far $36m (and the budget for AVP was $60m), i think that will be hard to beat. I seriously hope not, because AVP-R was a lot better than the first one!! Sure, it lacks some human drama and deeper human character relationships. All human characters should have been better explored. It wasn´t a perfect AVP-R movie, but still, i think the brothers took a great step in the right direction. At least they tried to respect the nature of both characters (Alien and Predator). Remember it´s their first time directing a full movie. Give them some credit. If they´re hired to do the third one i think you won´t be dissapointed!!

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Predhunter: It wasn´t a perfect AVP-R movie, but still, i think the brothers took a great step in the right direction. At least they tried to respect the nature of both characters (Alien and Predator). Remember it´s their first time directing a full movie. Give them some credit. If they´re hired to do the third one i think you won´t be dissapointed!! ____________________________________________ __  Are you serious? The Strause Bros. skewered both our beloved creatures. They nerfed the Aliens considerably so they can have one god-like Predator deal with them. Cheapening the Aliens was a stupid decision on their part, as well as including only one Predator. And let's not get into a discussion about what they've done to the Pred-Alien.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Granted, the first film screwed up some things, but it was far more respectful of both franchises (like not deliberately f***ing with canon). In addition, the Predators in the first film had a valid, believable in-universe explanation for their skill sets, weapons and armor. In AVP:R, the Aliens just happen to be stupid, relatively short, and physically weak for no apparent reason. And Wolf isn't allowed to get acid burns, evidently.   ::)    AVP:R was good, albeit flawed. It did a lot of things right, but it got some major things wrong. And considering the Strause Bros. have stated they're big fans of both franchises and have a great deal of knoweldge about previous installments, you would think the film would've turned out much better than it did. It had "Predator Fanboy Film" written all over it.  Personally, if Fox does do AVP3, I'm hoping "The Brothers Strause" get the boot.

hicks man

hicks man

AVP R was aweome and I hope they make a third one with the marines from aliens, I've got a good story, Marines from earth find the predator planet and engage in a full blown war then in a final act the marines come across the aliens that were captured and in the end the predator planet explodes destroying the alien and most of the predators and we have a main character almost like ripley

hicks man

hicks man

Sorry I have an imagination and it goes too far    :(  

Predhunter

Predhunter

Bio Mech Hunter:   Do you really think the first mvie was far better respectfull for both franchises??? There was no gore and allmost no violence in that movie!!PG-13???Is that how you respect both franchises?? Taking of the scaryness of both creatures, where Aliens don´t kill people and are caled serpents??Predator prey hanged upsite down with...their close on???People getting kiled and no blood spilling??That is making both franchises an international joke!! Oh, and one Alien killing 2 Predators (wherein one of the fights there was hand to hand combat) and the Alien wins??Sure, I can accept the first kill, witch the alien caught a distracted Predator. That´s how Aliens make their kill.They take their enemies by surprise. But the second one... I don´t agree with it ! At all !!

Predhunter

Predhunter

AVP was a kinder garden movie...The Predator gets the girl and he also gets to tatue her face! How lovelly... You mind as well call it "The Beauty and Beast"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed