AvPR DVD Release Date

Started by Darkness, Jan 31, 2008, 10:48:23 PM

Author
AvPR DVD Release Date (Read 14,716 times)

Darkness

Darkness

The first release date of the AvPR DVD has been found on the Australian shopping site EzyDVD. It has a release date of April 23, 2008 for Australia. It will cost $AU29.83 and will come in an exclusive collector’s tin.

Expect the US release date to be around the same time and UK release date will probably be in May. Thanks to Chocolate Man for the news.

In box office news, AvPR made £954,000 in its second weekend in the UK (BBC.co.uk) and its cumulative total is £3,724,016 (IMDB). The worldwide total is $120,570,852. (Domestic: $41,470,852 / Foreign: $79,100,000).

goose_3387

goose_3387

4 months to wait   :-[  

Yoda

Yoda

this DVD - director's cut or NOT ?    ???  

gameoverman

gameoverman

the tin set will probably be sold seperately and be slightly more expensive than the regular version.  I know this because I've seen alot of their tinset releases.

rchin1

rchin1

4 months I can't f**king wait

Rob - - - - - - ski

Rob - - - - - - ski

By me doing the math and with the data available at BoxofficeMojo.com and The-Numbers.com, AVP-R is the least earning domestically and least attended.   ALIEN: roughly 30.4million tickets sold roughly $207.3 million by inflation  ALIENS: 23 million tickets $156.9 million inflated  PRED: 15.3 million tickets $104.4 million inflated  ALIEN3: 13.3 million tickets $91.2 million inflated  AVP: 12.9 million tickets $86.5 million inflated  ALIEN R:10.0 million tickets $67.3 million inflated  PRED2: 7.3 million tickets $49.5 million inflated  AVPR: 6.1 million tickets   You see that the last Alien and Predator film where the least attended and least earning. The AVP franchise has likely, I desperately hope NOT, gone dead as soon as it was born. People don't give a SHIT anymore about these films, or go watch them in the theater to say the least.

Alien³

Alien³

$120,570,852 - Pretty good I think.

ZEN

ZEN

Rob-----ski:Keep in mind that PREDATOR had some very popular action stars,so a lot of people went to see it because it had Arnold Schwarzenagger,Jesse Ventura etc.And ALIEN had Sigourney Weaver,Ian Holm etc.And PREDATO 2 made less because it did'nt have arnold,and because some people did'nt like the first one.It was the same with ALIENS.Plus it does'nt help that they get less popular actors and actresses with each movie.I never heard of Sanaa Lathan until i saw AVP.And I do'nt watch that series 24,so I had no idea who Reiko whatever her name is until I read her Bio on this site.Not bitching,just saying   ;D  .

ZEN

ZEN

I wish they would release an unrated extended directors cut with those scenes with Kendra and Curtis and those other scenes,but not with the skinned preds or cloaking predalien (those are such stupid idea's,almost as stupid as the idea with the aliens turning into predators   >:(  ).That would be cool to see it with an extra 20-30 minutes!   ;D  .

predator343

predator343

Only 4 months and then its blows our minds   8)  

JK

JK

gameoverman

gameoverman

@ZEN - No one knew Sigourney Weaver when Alien came out.  It was successful because of Star Wars and people wanted more space movies.  And I hope we never see those Kendra and Curtis scenes otherwise I will hate AVPR forever.

ZEN

ZEN

Bio Mech Hunter:I finaly got around to reading your last 2 comments in the New Colin/Greg Interview post,and i have to say,you brought up many good points,such as "the ultimate prey".As for the elder,i know it's not a very popular idea,but it could be that the preds in AVP were of a different race.And i agree that they should of had more then 3 preds,and the fight scene should have been longer.I also agree that Grid was'nt a super alien,it was just an alien like the one's from A2.And i hear a lot of the time that the aliens had pure instincts to go after the preds first.I find this to be untrue,because Choppers was the closest and he had his side-arm blade rased,Grid just perceived him as trying to attach him/her/it and killed him,then Celtic saw it and charged at it,so Grid tossed the corpse aside and engaged Celtic.And also when that alien attacked Scar he flung it to the side,where it started to attack Lex.If it did have the "pure instincts to attack the predators" it would have continued to attack Scar.  PEASE!!!. l..l_   ;D  _l..l

Cellien

Cellien

@JK:  Thanks for the U.S. release date.. it wasn't mentioned in the article.     ???  

ZEN

ZEN

gameoverman:Well i didnt know about Weaver not being popular,so sorry.And if you do'nt want to see the scenes with Kendra and Curtis well then thats fine by me.Just buy the normal edition then.  PEACE!!!!. l..l_   ;D  _l..l

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed