AvP Requiem Reviews Roundup

Started by Darkness, Dec 26, 2007, 03:44:54 PM

Author
AvP Requiem Reviews Roundup (Read 32,518 times)

cubanb82

cubanb82

Happy new year everyone! I'm going to celebrate by watching AVP-R in theaters for the fifth time!

Sergio

Sergio

Has anyone heard from the brothers Strause about their poorly reviewed film?

SHREK

SHREK

majority of ppl think this movie was rubish, a few think it was great....im one who thinks this movie was crap saddly, however evryone believes they are rite, evry1 has their opinions....so theres really not much need 2 argue about.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Sergio: Like most directors of films with wrong priorities, they seem to support the fad of ignoring critics so they can have no rules to be embarassed by.   Even the positive reviews show this movie was crap if youre reading carefully. Im so glad this movie was panned. At least some still stand for standards. *applauds

cubanb82

cubanb82

Egocentrically put.

trailpimp

trailpimp

Hey Anomaly you're right there with me. There's got be standards!!! It's a shame that Fox semingly lost theirs along the branching of this franchises...

talset

talset

the movie is too fu"#n bad, the trailer was a big spoiler of the end I cant belibe this shit, damm I am a big fan of the alien and predator movies but this was bad, better than avp1 but this sucks....   >:(     :'(     :-\  

Sulaco

Sulaco

SPOILERS: The first sight of the alien in the sewer was freaky! It was great to see the body being dragged away in the pool room. The movie was really dark though, and way too much was seen in the trailers. I liked it 7/10    ;D  

PREDATOR34

PREDATOR34

i liked the film alot it was better than paul andersons pathetic avp. it was shit but AVP R rocks especially the one predator kicking the shit out of all the other aliens . i liked the alien warrior design, the predalien design and the predator mask and athletic body it went back to all original. favourite fight is the hospital in the hive.   :)     :)     :)   this film is the best out of any alien or predator film.   :)     :)     :)     :)     :)     :)     :)  

Morse

Morse

I've been to quite a few sites and read a great deal of reviews so far, yesterday I went to see the movie. I can say one thing for sure, the film is a lot better than the reviews say it is, though the film does have some continuity issues probably too much time in the cutting room (pos. courtesy of Fox, Alien3 anyone?).  On the whole I found it entertaining and very loyal to the franchise as a whole (the style of direction, NOT the script), and loved the way it very discreetly nodded to its predecessors. If you want my advice (as a major fan of both series, but not a fanboy), check it out, if you like the original films you'll at the very least appreciate the effort put in to the movie, I must say it's not earth shakingly amazing, definitely not Riddley Scott or John McTiernan, but these are the brothers Strausse, and yes no matter what its shortcomings it's trully much better than AVP.

Morse

Morse

One more thing, a lot of people have complained about the lifecycle issues in the film; I'd be the first to agree had I not noticed that the movie had been heavily edited, another point to concider is a comment Ripley made in Aliens when briefing the colonial marines "...All I know is that that thing killed my crew in less than 24 hours...". Assuming she means from chestburst to lambert's lonely demise, take into account that the father and son are hunting (most likely just after dawn) the original films are never clear about the gestation period, for Kane it's about 12 hrs in alien, for ripley it seems like a matter of days in Alien3. But the groeth after gestation seems about right to me... On the other hand, the predalien intro scene must have been chopped to pieces....

Kigan

Kigan

I'm actually entertained by the bad reviews. People are going into the movie with expectations for something it was never intended to be. Having expectations for the wrong kind of film. I saw it in the person I saw AVPR with.  Like Morse, I've paid a lot of attention to things such as the lifecycle, and it isn't as off as keeps being pointed out. The scenes on the Predator ship I think were in the cutting room too long and I think there was initially more to it.  There is so much more to be said, and the bad reviews are so off, but some people have made up their minds so I don't really see the point of arguing it. I feel sorry for the people who can't watch and enjoy this movie for what it is.

mjacobson

mjacobson

I just want to add that Entertainment Weekly (Jan. 18th issue) gave AVP-R a solid "B" rating. That's one for the "Good" column.   "...a brisk, gooey bit of schlock that's a million times better than 2004's action-lite AVP."  javascript:insertext('  ;D  ','short')    ;D  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed