New AvP2 Release Date: 18-Jan-08?

Started by Darkness, Sep 12, 2007, 07:46:14 PM

Author
New AvP2 Release Date: 18-Jan-08? (Read 15,223 times)

Darkness

Darkness

A couple of reports over at Bloody-Disgusting and at Arrow In The Head are saying that Fox have shifted the release date from December 25th to January 18th. If this is true, I guess they’ll have to change greenband trailer and what about the movie title? The January 18th release date also happens to be the UK release date of AvP2 so if the US date has changed, so will the UK one.

Yeah, I always said they would postpone it but moving it from Christmas to go up against 1-18-08 is perhaps an even worse move. We spoke to Fox who said that AvP2 is still scheduled for the Christmas release date though. Thanks to DazAvP01 for the news.

Edit: Okay I can confirm that the date has not changed. The 18th is the international release date. Those site’s just got the wrong end of the stick. Here’s what Fox said on the matter:

“Some have heard through the rumor mill that the date for this release has changed. NOT SO! Forgive the confusion, but an international site posted the UK release date which is January 18th (and many other sites have picked up on it). We in the U.S. have not waivered from our bold release date of CHRISTMAS DAY – Dec 25th 2007.” (Hicks)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I hope it not true.

Venenoso

Venenoso

Perhaps I misunderstood you Darkness, but what do you mean with "but moving it from Christmas to go up against 1-18-08 is perhaps an even worse move." - why is that? I've never even heard about "Untitled J.J. Abrams Project", is it supposed to be something major?

A.Nightmare

Screams of infinite rage fill my head! ARGH!  That will be the most ignorant move that FOX can make, especially with that JJ Abrams No Name Monster Flick coming out that day...what a bunch of Rtards!

Darkness

You've never heard of it? Check out the teaser. It's got a pretty big following already.

MoBiUGeArSkIn

Releasing it on Christmas day is the worst idea ever.  Moving it into the post holiday period will mean a better opening. Who goes to the cinema on December 25?

Mr. Weyland

I hope they don't change the UK release date, if so I'll be back in uni and might have to wait a few days to see it    >:(  

crypto84

It could be a worldwide release date so maybe Fox is taking it out of Sony's book with Spider-Man 3 and Disney's book with the Pirates Of The Caribbean sequels. Although Fox released the Star Wars prequels on a worldwide relaese dates.

Mr. Weyland

I hope it is a world wide release, it stops the amount of spoilers on this forum    :P  

Slasher Predator

Slasher Predator

I think there just talking about the UK date.     Who goes to the cinema on December 25?  ____________________________________________   I do becasue I don't celebrate christmas, I want to see the movie on christmas.

crypto84

crypto84

All non christians and non religious people don't celebrate christmas    :D    I am not religious but I like christmas for the presents.    ;)  

Meathead320

Why not just move it up to December 1st-7th?

Mr. Weyland

I would go on X-MAS but there is no cinema near me, I have to go on 40 min travels to get near a cinema but on holidays the buses and stuff don't run so...   :P  

demonicfirefly

this is what i want for christmas,prolly teh best present i could get(im not a fan of christmas) so i tihnk it fits fine.

Cellien

Cellien

Well, thats just retarded if its true.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed