Cinema Expo & Comic-Con

Started by Darkness, Jul 01, 2007, 09:44:23 PM

Author
Cinema Expo & Comic-Con (Read 11,728 times)

Venenoso

Venenoso

Wow I'm very surprised about the title! It's like they are admitting the first movie isn't worth mentioning and is therefore overruled by this one    ;D  

Invisible Darkness

Invisible Darkness

Aliens Vs. Predator   Nothing else needed in the title. For the true fans of both series, knowing you really only need 1 Predator going against LOTS of Aliens, is a perfect fit for the Title. Remeber, the Predators are "fair". They have advanced weapons and great intelligence. More then one Predator would be fun to watch, but maybe they will use that in the next film.

alien fan

alien fan

probaly

YautjaTheiDe

YautjaTheiDe

Is there any1 here that is over 21? I hear all this true fans stuff and opinions that to me are pretty much bullshit...were any of u even born before the first movie was released?

Punk19

Punk19

I can't wait for the trailer

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Sorry I wasn’t born 21 years ago YautjaTheiDe, you don’t have to be over 21 to be a true fan of the films, plus, what kind of comment was that?

Invisible Darkness

Invisible Darkness

1976 is my birth year. You do the math since you seem to have a problem with my posts that are non-threatening. I state my oppinion at times and facts at other times. Mr. Weyland is correct in saying you don't have to be over 21 to be a true fan of the films. What does being born before a film is made have anything to do with being a fan of that film??? Are you saying that people born after a movie is made aren't allowed to view it? Thats the other thing that almost would make sense to a statment like that. The movie Jaws Was made in 1975. A year before I was born. From your post that means I can't be a true fan of that movie. All I have left to say about that post is....DUMB!

EpsilonOrpheon777

EpsilonOrpheon777

hah! i'm 20 which means i was born 18 years before AVP was released... so that means i'm allowed to be a "true" fan right?  not because i began collecting AVP comics since i was 5, but because i was born before 2004, right?  i'm pretty sure everyone on here was born before AVP was released.  your comment made no sense

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I don't know where you get the idea that they show fairness...  They might have a certain understanding of what makes a valid and poor target to boast about, but that's about it. :)

Invisible Darkness

Invisible Darkness

You'll notice that I did put the word "fair" in quotations. A predator won't kill someone unless they are a threat, or armed with a weapon. Both mean pretty much the same, but I wanted to cover all sides. A better way to put it might be the have rules and Aliens do not. Still, it is a form of being fair. I'm not sure why it is questioned. The 1st Predator movie shows what I am talking about. It did not kill Anna because she wasn't armed. As Arnie stated in the movie. And the very end when Arnie used up all his home-made weapons, the Predator discarded his sholder cannon. A little hand to hand combat between the 2. Fair to the point that they had no weapons, but not at the same time because the Predator is HUGE and 10 times stronger. He only tried using his blade when it appeared Arnie was defeated.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Im 15 and have been a fan since I was 4. These films are a part of me, I can recite them word for word, visual for visual. I own loads of action figures and merchandise.  Dont say Im not a true fan just because im a kid.    ;)  

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The character of dutch was not armed for quite a while and the creature still stalked him around - still with its gun (it even 'challenged' him in the biggest possible way, when he had no weapons whatsoever to hand). It knew he was unarmed after he got out of the river (and shortly before that character plunged in it) and it still looked around to shoot him. Predators aren't stupid enough to presume that prey without tools equates to not being dangerous. :)  They only care about whether or not the intended potential victim makes enough of a fuss to defend themselves against a hulking, invisible monster striding towards them. That's virtually 99.9% of everyone.  It might well have continued to try getting to Anna if it didn't feel Dutch was a more 'important' sort of trophy. They might save an unarmed pregnant female, but almost certainly just to make sure there are future targets in the area.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed