AvP2 = Slasher Flick?

Started by Darkness, Jul 07, 2007, 01:15:07 PM

Author
AvP2 = Slasher Flick? (Read 10,827 times)

Darkness

Darkness

A little bit of information about the clip they showed at the Amsterdam Cinema Expo has been found on a Dutch film blog called Hollywood.blog.nl. Diablo_Rosso on IMDB translated the text and said this:

“There’s not much info about what was shown at the Cinema Expo in Amsterdam but I did manage to find a small mention on a Dutch website about their reaction to the footage. Apparently, they screened two scenes from the movie and the footage resembled more of a slasher film with the Alien and Predator caught in the middle. They go on to mention something about the film being very bloody, which may be something to look forward to, but the author of the article seemed to have more of a “wait and see” attitude. Like I said, not much information and the translation was rough but at least we know they showed something visceral enough to be compared to a “slasher” movie.”

Hmm, well… a lot of die-hard fans were concerned that AvP2 would be like a slasher flick. Don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. It’ll be a step up from AvP either way. Thanks to Darkoo for the news.

Update: Colin posted his response to this article in the forum.

Remonster

Remonster

I don't know what to think.

BloodRaiN

BloodRaiN

Hmm sounds like a double edged sword. I like Slasher films but slasher films are not liked by all people. I trust the Strause brothers, i think they have a great potential and they will show that it was a good decision to gave them AvP 2. I hope so ;)  But for me this is good news and it fits to the announcement that AvP 2 will be a hard film!  Regards  BloodRaiN

Highland

Highland

i dont get it   ???  

topman

topman

im not sure about this

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Nothing can be qworse than AVP so I am...........

Ermac

Ermac

Well, when they said the movie would be "very hardcore, very R" what did people expect? A comedy with Aliens and Predators?   The original movies weren't slasher flicks like the Nightmare and Halloween movies, so this can only be bad news. I guess people should be careful what they wish for: they wanted a more intense film and this is what we got.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I don’t know, basically a slasher  flick is about is a group of teens who get killed of one after another until they good looking girl and guy kill the bad guy and survive, still I don’t know, we have to wait and see, though I doubt the story will be like this but we do have the teens in it     :-\  

JMR

JMR

I don't know how they can watch 2 scenes and say it's a slasher flick, I mean come on. They probably watched 2 of the more intense scenes of the movie and jumped to conclusions, like 90 percent of the people on this site. To me this is only good news.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Nah. I can't see it. I just think we'll end up with some AR/P2 style violence.

Cellien

Cellien

I don't really know what to think either.. Not exactly shocking news though for whatever reason.  This news neither excites me or angers me.

SE7VEN

SE7VEN

I agree with the corpral it'll just end up as being comic style gore like in AR and P2. But then again I dnt see how they could assume it's a slasher flick from just 2 scenes? I don't know what to think!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Mr. Weyland I agree with you.

topman

topman

lets pray its just them 2 scense

Danger Close

Danger Close

I'm not worried, lots of blood doesn't mean a slasher flick. They were most likely trying to reference the amount of blood. I think the Aliens are gonna be bad-ass and ruthless. Chestburster scenes are bloody and so are skinned trophies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed