AvP2 Props Descriptions

Started by Darkness, Jul 28, 2007, 08:10:27 PM

Author
AvP2 Props Descriptions (Read 20,389 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Some new profile pages of the AvP2 props have been added to Sideshow Toys; Shoulder Cannon, Mask and Shuriken. There’s new high-res pictures as well as other interesting details. Here’s the main bits:

Cannon: “The Predators’ plasma cannon, sometimes called the Plasma Caster, automatically locks on any target. It emits a pulse of energy that can easily burn through any target of metal, wood, or flesh. The Plasma Caster’s technology is advanced far beyond the weapons of any human or alien target. In Aliens VS Predator, the plasma cannon is adapted as a hand-held weapon, ready for quick and dirty work.

Mask: “During a hunt, the Predators wear a technologically advanced mask that offers protection and adds to their sensory abilities. The mask is equipped with multiple vision modes, including night vision and thermal vision. Fellow warriors appear white while targets appear red or green. Predators can use the mask as a targeting device, zooming in on their prey for precise kills at long range. Protecting the Predators, the mask acts as a pollution filter and shields their flesh from the acidic blood of the Xenomorph aliens, and the weapons of interfering humans.”

Wasn’t there something in the AICN review that said one of the humans picks up the shoulder cannon and uses it to kill aliens?  :-\  And the bit about the mask mentions that targets appear in red or green. Assuming, green is aliens still and red is humans? Hoping, that means the blue thermal vision and not the red one seen in AvP. Thanks to Prey-seeker for the news.

Update: Colin has posted several times in the comments. There is no night vision and the thermal vision mode does match the original films. The cannon does go hand-held but it’s a last resort thing.

kanesson

kanesson

In Aliens VS Predator, the plasma cannon is adapted as a hand-held weapon, ready for quick and dirty work.  Aaah bastards i knew it .. Thats gonna looks soo wierd!

jimmylace

jimmylace

just an excuse for dallas to use it    >:(  

Sergeant.Poncho

Sergeant.Poncho

uhhhhhh. I dont get it. Plasma cannon is adapted as hand held weapon? Why? Back to roots means back to roots why are they changing alot of stuff.

kanesson

kanesson

Cos there lying a*sholes!  Thats going to be so rediculous i mean why even have it as a shoulder mounted weapon if your'e going to take it off? The whole point is so your hands are free to fight with and do other things! Watching this will make me cringe    >:(  

Strelok

Strelok

I know it    >:(    this movie will be not cool stupid people don't know how to make a movie    >:(  

Sergeant.Poncho

Sergeant.Poncho

And whats up with the mask mentions that targets appear in red or green. Why not BLUE as the original Predator VISION???????

Sergeant.Poncho

Sergeant.Poncho

All we want are back to its roots. We dont need any new Visions and stuff like that. We want the Predator to be as it was in P1 and P2. Is that so hard to understand?

BodySnatcher

BodySnatcher

stupid people don't know how to make a movie    LOL Its almost as if they try hard to make it suck!

Darkness

Darkness

Colin did say it would be blue. And if you look at the thermal vision, the person highlighted is red/yellow/green so I'm hoping that's what they meant.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Don't worry about the plasma caster.  It probably gets knocked off the predator in battle, and someone finds it and uses it.   I doubt we see the predator hand him the cannon and say here, use it, seeing as Colin said there wouldn't be any human-pred team ups.

DC87

DC87

In Aliens VS Predator, the plasma cannon is adapted as a hand-held weapon, ready for quick and dirty work.  shit...Preds get more and more human-like weapons(((   Sergeant.Poncho  "We dont need any new Visions and stuff like that. We want the Predator to be as it was in P1 and P2. Is that so hard to understand?"  they want more money and therefore they work for public and not for fans of "traditional" aliens and preds...

Darkness

Darkness

That's still pretty bad if a human is using a shoulder cannon. Imagine how it's going to look on screen.  I'm starting to worry just how similar the AICN review is to the movie they shot.

Sergeant.Poncho

Sergeant.Poncho

I hope your right CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Did I also mention how I hate some of the new users on the site?  Look at how they're bashing this even though they've only seen 3 sentences.  Word of advice for kanesson, poncho, and strelok:   SHUT THE f**k UP.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed