Ridley Scott on AvP

Started by Darkness, Jul 31, 2007, 08:19:25 PM

Author
Ridley Scott on AvP (Read 18,982 times)

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

coulda been long, like it when the Alien films are at least 2 hours.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I hope AVP2 is atleast 2 hours, Aliens and a Predator all in one film.....Trust me! It can be 2 hours easy   ;)  

PredatorKing 2776

PredatorKing 2776

I agree, I think this movie could be 2 hours easily. And to GSOlyons 3030 you felt that way because they did die to fast. Anderson screwed up majorly on that one.    >:(  

jimmylace

jimmylace

"Ridley thinks, as Sigourney 'used' to think, that a crossover movie like AVP 'empties' the two monsters by putting together quickly a story with both of them at eachother and not much else."  yutanidutch...youre almost right, but youre forgetting that sigourney thinks that the predator is a "stupid-looking" character, and the cameron and scott dont rate predator at all.

jimmylace

jimmylace

hence their dislike of the idea. cant blame em I say. alien is in a different league to predator, and the sooner pred fanboys realise that avp is doing them a favour and shitting on alien fans the better    ;D  

PredatorKing 2776

PredatorKing 2776

PHANTOM what you said earlier about people hating this one for some stubid reason I agree. Some people just don't accept how good a true movie can be. I think some people might hate the Strause Bros and think they screwed up for retarted reasons but not as many people who hated Anderson. I know one thing, I hate Anderson's film and to the Strause Bros. No matter what anyone says, I have cofidence that this movie is going to kick major ass! Keep up the work Bros.

GSO 3030

GSO 3030

Either way, everyone has dreamed of these movies happening forever and even though AVP wasn't good, at least the Strause Bros are doing their best to make a great film.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Shall we all masterbate to this???????????

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

oh one more thing how can anyone comment on AvP2 when WE HAVENT SEEN  A FACKING THING YET!!!  Thankyou

Mr J

Mr J

werent we all excited when we first heard about AVP 1? The sets were cool just not the approach. The back history and human team up went against the other film if you ask me. Now I don't like the fact AVP 2 is in some town but FOX won't part ways with the dollars to make the space aliens timeline film we all want. The only reason we all have such big expectation is because ALIENS and PREDATOR were so good. James cameron would make a kick ass movie but remember reading before AVP 1 was made him saying it would just be a frankenstein vs wolf man pic, then when a fan said to him after AVP 1 make another alien film to save us from AVP he said I am almost tempted to, so he won't be making any time soon. AVP could be great we just don't know yet. if the bros took note of what people hated about the first film and from their posted comments like more gore, no human pred tag team action and blue vision it sounds like they have. Just be thankful that anderson isn't making it because you now know you're going to get something different. Alien 3 was just a let down at the time because they killed off hicks and had only one alien after a whole nest, but rewatching it some years later I can enjoy the atmos, lighting and music. As long as AVP 2 doesn't feel cheap like some piece of crap like Jason X.

EpsilonOrpheon777

EpsilonOrpheon777

hahaha he thought that brit was American that's all i have to say... well until i have more to say

Buz

Buz

Sweet! That was me asking the question. Call me a annoying little fan boy, or whatever you want, the fact remains that AVP is in no way a good movie. Alien Resurrection is a bad, but fun film. AVP just rapes your hopes and dreams and then pisses on you while you lay whimpering in a corner like a sex crime victim. Paul Anderson is the worst kind of Hollywood director. Talks alot of game, but shows none. Every movie he's made, side from Even Horizon, has been shit. He will never be forgiven for what he did with AVP. And he hates Alien 3 and Predator 2, which is down right blasphemous.   There's my rant for the day. Go Ridley Scott.

R

R

Have too say that Alien 3 was by far the worst up till now, main concern though: will R Scott return for  Alien 5, one can only hope. Oh and Mr Scott, if you keep up with us losers at this forum, please know that we adore, no worship the ground you walk on !!!!!!!!!

Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime

I know Paul Anderson iz British! U dumbies lol. What I meant was, it was the 'fat cats' at 'hollywood' who greenlit the AVP franchise! Oh well.. No disrespect to any Americans..lol they did make Transformers and Star Wars! Rock on!  I Love You All x  Peace to my fellow Alien and Predator fans.  EST 1984

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Buz, Fincher thinks 'Alien 3' is a "piece of shit". Is he being "blasphemous", too? :)  Cameron has mellowed in his opinion of it, saying the cinematography is great, but still doesn't like it very much. Neither do I.  I don't think 'Predator 2' is much more than mediocre, except when the creature is in a scene. Those are the only points it's ever good and even a few of those were done for comedy, which just lessened the impact.  I'm with Cameron. I was personally fairly entertained by 'Alien Versus Predator'. That doesn't mean to say it's magical, but could have been hugely worse and the last two 'Alien' sequels, before it, were not nearly as entertaining for me.  This 'holier than thou' attitude when it comes to 'Alien Versus Predator' has got sickeningly trendy, recently. All the people who do it are going to be reversing their opinions with fondness in a few years or so, just like people miraculously did for 'Alien 3', 'Alien Resurrection' and 'Predator 2'. It's a pattern. That's how it is.  Ridley Scott is great, but I'm not sure he would necessarily be a good choice for a director of this particular franchise now. The last time he spoke about it, he wanted Space Jockey ships to be shown bombarding our worlds with eggs (yeah, the same eggs Ripley incinerated with an ordinary flamethrower), above atmosphere.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed