New Fan Film: The Calm

Started by Darkness, Jun 05, 2007, 04:20:51 PM

Author
New Fan Film: The Calm (Read 14,900 times)

Cellien

Cellien

Hi Pete,  When I first saw the day to night sequence at the beginning.. I immediately thought to myself the filters were a little heavy and oversaturated.  I am a concept artist by day, so I am thinking about arrangement and composition a lot.  I would recommend pulling out the camera sometimes and pull away from close ups of parts that you know the effects are a little iffy (the bone outta the hand).  Some more dramatic camera angles may convey a much more menacing Predator.  A lot of this stuff can be fleshed out with a storyboard artist.. Someone that has an idea how to get feeling from camera placement.    I thought it was a great attempt, and one hell of a learning experience I bet.  You guys should give it another go and apply what you learned from doing the first.     :)  

The Ultimate Predator

I loved this film. The fight scenes were cool, but I particularly enjoyed then ending. I really, really enjoyed this. 5/5.    ;D  

Darkness

Darkness

Any chance of a review, Ian?    ::)  

Celtic_Power

Celtic_Power

HOLY CRAP!!  That was awesome!!!!  Was that really made with like a camcorder?  I don't know what your talking about Cellien.  I thought the camera angles were perfect!  It reminded me of classic sci-fi like the first Predator.  I'm sick of this Michael Bay rapid camera angles that create absolutely NO suspense!  (See AVP)  My one only gripe is the way the Predator died.  Dutch's whole team couldn't take him down with a zillion rounds of ammo in the first Predator, but one shotgun shot to the neck can kill him?  Hmm...  Otherwise 5 out of 5!!!  Excellent!    ;D  

Cellien

Cellien

@Celtic_Power:  There are other ways to convey suspense besides overly long and constant claustrophobic close ups :)  AvP had tons of close ups and you couldnt tell what the hell was going on. To each their own I suppose...   Just trying to give some tips instead of saying everything was "perfect".  No biggie :)

The Ultimate Predator

I'll get round to one Darkness when I have more time, but I will.

avpguy

avpguy

that was good but that looked nothing like the terminator though and i laughed when i saw the terminator but the movie was ok

spawningcarnage

spawningcarnage

this movie sucked.  i don't care if it was made by a fan...my testes have more character and diversity than this piece of crap.   :)     ;)  

HockeyRulz

HockeyRulz

Your testes has more character??  O....kay...  Rather liked it.  Predator looked great.  Thanx

Wolfy

Wolfy

Watch the clam: making of -  http://www.neverendingpictures.com/lowres.htm  Very interesting video in my oppinion

Danger Close

Danger Close

It was all right. The blue filter was a bit too overpowered. I thought the creature effects and make up were great. But the acting... the acting left alot to be desired. A good effort but your camera work needs some improvment, I also didn't like the how long the camera lingered on a scene. The concpt was awesome and I hope you can keep on with part 3.

Punk19

Punk19

It was okay, not great but okay

JMac

JMac

The Terminator really looked good.  I was very surprised with that.  4/5   8)  

ALIEN FAN

ALIEN FAN

JMAC DO YOU LIKE ALIENS OR THE PREDATORS?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed