New Fan Film: The Calm

Started by Darkness, Jun 05, 2007, 04:20:51 PM

Author
New Fan Film: The Calm (Read 14,804 times)

Darkness

Darkness

It’s been a while since there’s been any decent fan films. A new Predator/Terminator fan film called The Calm went live yesterday complete with a website, trailer and a behind-the-scenes feature. The film’s about 23 minutes long.

Well worth downloading. There’s some interesting stuff in there. Thanks to Peter for the news.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Watched it all last night.  It was good for a fan film.  Some great effects, great costume, some good compositing.  But a lot of the shots were held far too long in my opinion.  Liked Batman Dead End much better.

The Ultimate Predator

You going to be adding this to the Fan Films page D?

Cellien

Cellien

Had some ok parts.. overall kinda corny, but its a fan film I know :)

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, I'll add it to the Fan films section, eventually.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

i already did yesterday, i put it up as Predator vs Terminator

Darkness

Darkness

He means in this section: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/fanfilms.php

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Oops   :-[  

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Very well filmed and good effects, but it was such a great Predator costume, they should have done much more with it IMO. By the way, in the summer im going to direct my first fanfilm myself with all my friends, but not starring Alien, Predator or Terminator    ;D  

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

It took to long to get to any action, but the part that i really liked, was when the Pred was cutting the skin off the skull, and the music in the background, eerie.

SiL

SiL

I really didn't like it.  The long shots of the Predator and Terminator staring at things were just pointless.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Some of it did not make much sense. Would the Predator not understand it was a machine, from the thermal signature?  At other times, it appeared the director was too keen on showing off the special effects and kept them in frame to a degree where the illusion was destroyed. The shot of that 'broken arm' is a case in point. Those teeth also seemed far too white and clean. :)  But it was a good attempt at making a film. The atmophere, as a whole, was well done.

Wolfy

Wolfy

It was a great watch for a fan film. Kept me entertained to the end. Was scary in a sunspenseful manner :O  For anyone interested, the music introducing part 3 is: John Murphy - Who are you   It's from the Miami Vice remake I believe. :)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

i loved the cliffhanger at the end pretty cool

Buckaroo

Buckaroo

As the actor in the film, I enjoy hearing these opinions!  The toughest aspect to this film is to cater to everyone's enjoyment.  Making the fight scenes better, speeding up the scene cuts, Does the Blue make it look like night time? Did the special effect props look convincing...etc.  Atleast you guys care enough to take the time to give opinions.  Thanks!!  Pete

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed