AvP2 Predalien Maquette

Started by Darkness, Jun 22, 2007, 06:36:24 PM

Author
AvP2 Predalien Maquette (Read 20,940 times)

SiL

SiL

QuoteIf it has them, then we ca n assume that the dreadlocks on Predators are not actually hair, but something else
Not really. The first Alien had a human face underneath the dome, but the other human-born Aliens didn't. We can always pass it off as a freak occurance   ;)  

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

true

Danger Close

Danger Close

Or just Artistic expression. I don't think science has had a lot to do with prior designs. But it would be nice if a filmaker would take that into acount.   I would rather an illustrated book to explain all the scientific explanations for the Aliens differences than have them try to explain it in the movie. They could explore to ridged head to what an Alien takes from the host.   Putting it in the movie would waste time. The movie just has to keep with continuity.

beeko

beeko

looks very good

Predboy

Predboy

I like the way the predalien looks in the back. The way the back is makes it look a bit like the preds. Definatly shows you its a hybrid, not too much like the pred but in some ways similar. Thats how it should be.   ;D  

Predboy

Predboy

QuoteAnd what's all this about nobody wanting the mouth wide? It's in a threatening posture! Predators always splay their jaws wide when they're like that. The first film had it do so very shortly after removing the helm and the second one had it doing so virtually all the time.  
Dude, if the jaws spread out so wide like that, first of all, it makes it look like crap, second of all, it makes it seem like its not part of the mouth at all. Thats one reason why scar looked like shit. Also why he was too human like. It looked like the inner mouth was the only mouth and the mandibles were too far apart so it looks like they weren't even there.   The predator in part one didn't have the mandibles to far apart but not too closed either, making it seem like that was its only mouth, then to your amazment, you see another mouth in there. That gives you a sign that this f*cker is definatly from another world. You see what Im trying to say? I hope so because this is the best way I can explain it.

cockroach

cockroach

i approve of the fan design & do hope the film version is similar... alsong as they stick to it being more alien looking than pred... it shouldn't really have a dreaded head, should be smooth or ridge like in aliens but looks cool so cant complain. i think the hands wil change tho due to the fact it has six digits (with the 4 middle ones joined joined in pairs) where as the 'preview' image of avp2 shows it only has 4 fingers. i think the best alien design is alien 3, the arms/hands in avp were way too big. anyways dont know im making a big deal outta 'digits' & arms. i wanna see the 'super/queen' facehugger already!    :o  

AVP2:INVISIBLE DARKNESS

AVP2:INVISIBLE DARKNESS

I, myself, have no issues with the design. Everyone is giving their oppinion as to what it should look like, but as the original post explained, the movie will use a Pred-Alien with a similar design. There really is no need to judge anything about this movie until we see actual movie footage. There are too many people bashing this movie before the movie has been seen.  If Anderson was making this movie also, then hell yeah, there would be good reason to put this movie down before it is seen. We will get our first look of the movie at the end of July. I believe the Brothers have done a first-rate job so far. I also believe they will not disappoint us with any of the designs. It's rated "Hard R" and will be filled with lots of action. The Predator looks has the look of the original and I believe they will explain why the aliens have a ridged head. As for the Pred-Alien, if the Brothers stick to the roots of each series, as they have said they are, then it may be such a very good creation to make a stand alone movie.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Predboy: That doesn't change the fact that all previous films had them splaying their jaws massively wide when they wanted to be threatening. :)  SiL: I know it's in production pictures, but I can honestly say that when I watch 'Alien', I have never noticed the skull which is supposedly in it. Nobody I know ever has done, except when they see it in books and so on. It's shrouded enough to safely be ignored.  In any case, the others might well have it, we just never see them lit up well enough to know about that. :)

SiL

SiL

There's nothing 'supposedly' about it. It's most noticeable when Ripley blows it out the airlock. Freeze frame it. You may not notice it a lot, but that doesn't mean it can just be ignored   ::)  

Predboy

Predboy

Xenomorphine: Doesn't change the fact that the ones in the originals didn't have their jaws so wide apart making it look completly retarded like the one in avp.

Pred

Pred

I like it

Pred

Pred

So, do you think that it's going to be a different color in the movie? Cause just plan old brown is just wrong.

Praetorian

Praetorian

I could so draw that

Dual Blade

Dual Blade

THIS isn't the final look of the predator but they ADI say "its close to their designs".   ;D    I have a pridiction, THE TEASR TRAILER HOPFULLY WILL BE OUT AROUND THE END OF THIS WEEK, am only guessing or into the peak of next week with the coming Die hard movie coming out (at least in the UK anyways).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed