New Brian Tyler AvP2 Interview

Started by Darkness, Jun 28, 2007, 08:38:11 PM

Author
New Brian Tyler AvP2 Interview (Read 9,545 times)

Darkness

Darkness

AvPGalaxy member, Pvt. Hicks, was lucky enough to interview music composer Brian Tyler. He talks about how he was asked to do AvP2, as well as what the music will be like. Here’s a couple of Q&As:

Are you a fan of the series?
I am a mega fan of the series. All of the series. The Alien Quadrilogy DVD set is probably my most watched DVD set ever. And Predator – how cool can you get? Its Aliens. Its Predators. Its a dream come true working on this movie.

Will the score be more of an epic score like AvP, or more Horror-like?
Well, the movie is both terrifying and adrenaline pumping. There is a high tension factor, a military component, there is an Aliens vibe, and a Predator vibe. There is a science fiction feel to the music while at the same time the music has to be unsettling, dark, anxiety ridden. And ballsy! It is a high bar to shoot for.

Check out the rest in the forum, Thanks to Pvt. Hicks for the interview.

asdfvb

asdfvb

:o  

predx

predx

cool i hope they somehow use the predator 1 sountrack tu tu tu tuuu tuuuu ttuuu tuuuuuuuutuuuuuuuu  that predsound when it  gets louder and louder

War Wager

War Wager

This is really good news!!    ;D     I'll be buying the soundtrack before I see the movie!

jphlower

jphlower

Holly F***ing Sh*t, that sounds good! I hope the rumors of the movie coming out before christmas is true....

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

For sure! He'll definitely do a good job!

TakenByForce

This keeps getting better and better. But im not getting my hopes up.  The first AVP wasn't half of what they said it would be.

predx

predx

avp was good stop whining at least they made  it   :-\  

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

You always say that!  But dude, this was 14 years in the making! They should have taken their time with it! These are very important characters in sci fi cinema. We shouldnt have to beg for an AvP movie, one should already be made. I mean look at all the merchandise!

Orion the hunter

Orion the hunter

Music is always a big component to a movie, good thing it sounds like they're on the right track. They better have hints of the original predator soundtrack, that worked so well with that movie.     ;)  

TakenByForce

Im not whining, i never said it wasn't good, it wasn't the best but it was o.k.  Like Pvt. Hicks said, it was 14 years in the making. and it seems like they rushed it.  But hopefully the soundtrack is as good as they are saying it is   :)  

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

hopfully they can do us nerds a favor and make AvP 3 in space with 100 million bucks behind it. that was our REAL fantasy, not some stupid pyramid  oh god    ;D     ;D     ;D     ;D     ;D  

Corporal Hicks

Give me the ADI suits/models/props, two grand and I'll make you a film.

Ermac

Ermac

Give me Stan Winston/two grand/Kevin Peter Hall's resurrected corpse/a script by the Thomas Brothers and I'll give you Predator 3.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Did you know I actually started writing an AvP movie in 2003? Then I found out of an AvP and was like NO!!!!!!  Haha, I actually believed they were going to accept an 11 year old's script    :D    Althought it was better then Andersons movie    :D  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed