MPAA & "Hard R" Rating

Started by Darkness, Mar 12, 2007, 07:33:06 PM

Author
MPAA & "Hard R" Rating (Read 20,355 times)

YEP

YEP

DUDE, "SAW" was one of the least gory movies I've seen in a long long time. Saw two Somewhat more so, SAW 3 YES, but to say that AVP 2 will not be as gory as Saw  is quite unlikely considering the gore of the previous Alien and Predator films.

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

@ RIJOENPIAL  Why did Anderson always decline to answer what the rating would be then? He was asked by JoBlo December 2003, and:  "We’re not making any specific rated movie. We’re making the movie that we’re making and it’ll get the rating that it gets."  And he'd use that persistently later on in interviews with Fangoria and the like... I mean, if it was R all along, why would he hesitate in saying that? The Strauses' have said on more than a million occasions that there film will be "Restricted". Anderson knew AvP wouldn't be.  Besides, you quote is contradicting because Anderson is dead proud of what he did. To hear the actual man suck himself off watch the commentary on the AvP disc.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Gorier then Saw? YES DEFINITELY SAW WASNT GORY DUH

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Two words for you, Suicide: Fox orders!  In addition, between 2003 and 2004, a lot happened, it appears! Also, his reservations could be related with Fox's indecision until too late in the game! You have to establish at the beginning what rating the movie will get because it will affect the whole enchilada, from the script to the end product! The Strauses know NOW because of the whole AVP rating foulup, come on...! At least, APPARENTLY, Fox learned something... About your last statement, Paul Anderson's interview shows everything but pride...his script is too full of deleted scenes and scenes cut for him to be proud of it...    ;D  

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

And the commentaries are on FOX (note this)'s DVD...i can see him tear them apart there! Come on...   ::)  

Meathead320

Meathead320

(Beavis voice)  Heh HEH YEAH!!! “Hard R”.  YEAH!!!  Some explosions, and people dying, really scared people, blood gore monsters.  YEAH!!!  …..And some POOP TOO!!!   HEH HEH, YEAH!!!     ;D  

Darkness

Darkness

RIJOENPIAL - AvP was written as a PG13 to start off with. Everything else was made up. It was never R-Rated to begin with.  But I agree with the others that AvP2 shouldn't be over the top with gore like it was with Res. I'm more interested in the UK rating and the implications for that. Hopefully it'll be 18.

Elder Predator

Elder Predator

I'm not so sure about the gore maybe a few skinned bodys and chestbursters ought to do it but personally I'm fine with gore so BRING IT ON !!!!!!!!!!

topman

topman

(...) Anderson was obviously very annoyed at the way the film was released. However, this was not purely because of the PG-13 limitation, which incidentally, the studio enforced THREE WEEKS before the release date! It was always going to be R until then. Part of the reason for the cutting was that some of the effects were not ready by the time the release date came around. The effects team had very little time to do anything.(...)"   i thought that this source was a fake wasn't it????   ???   i hope that as well Darkness mate, so that it follows the trend!

Darkness

Darkness

It was fake. Some press conference with Anderson was made up on IMDB.

XxSaNdMaNxX

XxSaNdMaNxX

I agree with darkness it dont need to be over the top gore im more on the fights let them be brutal not like the first avp witch sucked if u asked me but lets just wait n see.....

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Well, Darkness, you seem pretty sure about your claims... Nevertheless, if you are right, then Paul Anderson is actually off the hook, because no PG-13 rated AVP movie (Disney, anyone?) would ever be any good... the horror would be absent, so would the gore, and a movie featuring two monster with no gore and no horror would be a disgrace from conception...By the way, could you tell me why are you so sure? Who or what are your sources for your claims?

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

And this interview (not press conference) was present in two other sites... Also, it would be a crime to impersonate and quote people saying something they did not...

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

How is Anderson off the hook? He wrote it as a PG-13 and approached the studio with the idea... They lapped it up. Regardless of the rating, the film's pretty weak in all areas anyway.

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

The rating guidelines are not proposed by the writer, but by the studio... and IMHO AVP is a good standalone movie, the problem was somewhere else...on the producers, studio and fans' own wishes on what AVP should be which actually prevented them from enjoying it...An AVP rated PG-13 would never deliver what the fans wanted...ever... and actually bearing this in mind, i actually am enjoying it the more times I see it, because I know that Alien and Predator movies are one thing, and AVP ones are something entirely different... We can't compare Alien movies with the predator ones and none of them can be compared to AVP...it was a movie that aimed at a broader audience, not the hardcore, gore-loving fans...Get used to it...It seems AVP 2 will be just the same, only with more gore... LOL

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed