CGSociety on AvP2 Editing

Started by Darkness, Mar 27, 2007, 08:33:22 PM

Author
CGSociety on AvP2 Editing (Read 7,941 times)

Darkness

Darkness

There’s a new article on CGSociety about the editing in AvP2. Most of it goes way over my head, it’s very technical. They talk about the crew using AJA KONA 3 and Apple Final Cut Pro to edit the movie.

“The Alien vs. Predator 2 editorial team modified their existing workflow to integrate with the pipeline at visual effects studio Hydraulx, setting up an Apple Final Cut Pro editing pipeline for the film that relies heavily on AJA’s KONA 3 card. Shot on 35mm 3-perf film, the setup allows Hydraulx to cut the film at a 1080i resolution, lay down previews to a D5 deck and go out to an HD deck for studio reviews before finishing the film with a 4K Digital Intermediate scan and film output. The pipeline employs five KONA 3 cards: a projection system, an editor system, a visual effects editor system, a utility system and an assistant system.

Interesting to note, they also call AvP2 an “effects-heavy” film.
Thanks to therockbottom65 for the news.

topman

topman

so this means what???   ???  

slipknotpredator

in english please???   ???  

topman

topman

im still confused!?!?!   ???  

Ermac

Ermac

Why do they think we'd give a shit about this?

The Ultimate Predator

Chill out you lot. To film techs, this is pretty interesting.

topman

topman

its nothing to do on how well the movie is doing really is it!   ???  

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

I'm almost certified in Final Cut Pro, I have to take the apple certification test.  Nice software, definitely worth the money.

Cihbar

Cihbar

Im waaaay lost guys. Who the hell cares about this. We wanna see some pictures/images not techno mumbo stuff. Lets try keep this as human as possible    :o  

topman

topman

agreed mate   ;D  

JaredK21

JaredK21

It means this movie is gonna KICK ASS!

topman

topman

you what!?!?! just cause of the obove info!??!?!?!?! that doesn't prove a thing! ALL movies go through the same process i think!

frankaster

frankaster

I only want a teaser, even if it's like the one of jurassic park, you know the type of teaser that don't show a frame of the movie, but it's cool.

Deco

Deco

Is anyone else getting ticked off with the lack of news we're getting about this movie?

Ermac

Ermac

Tell me about it. This article is kinda like a "f**k you" since this sort of thing isn't what fans want to know about.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed