Hospital Scene in AvP2 [Updated]

Started by Darkness, Mar 31, 2007, 10:34:10 PM

Author
Hospital Scene in AvP2 [Updated] (Read 25,078 times)

RIJOENPIAL

The prob there is that it is a dangerous ground the Strauses are walking on and I don't trust Shane Salerno to write a story that preserves continuity or even adds anything worthwhile to it... Past history shows that Shane Salerno has not enough creativity and experience to make this a classic or even a prequel worthy of the precedent... It is just facts... The Strauses can deliver a good spctacle, but the setting and the implications, good and bad, it can have as a prequel to the Alien events, that is nothing short of clich

Johnny Handsome

This is what i mean, maybe the story of Alien will be clear with one of the avp films, because they are prequels, and they can explain things like that, so we know why the nostromo was send there, maybe for the Alien, or maybe not, but you dont know that yourself.

RIJOENPIAL

Do you ever buy into explanations given while passing by...? This is an AVP, not an Alien movie...There won't be anu valid explanations as to why WY, 150 years after the AVP and AVP2 events, would still be obsessed with finding a Xeno...? Do you think there is any plausible motivation for a company to be obsessed with them, wait 150 years until a commercial towing vehicle like the nostromo HAPPENS to be passing by and then instruct then to go and acquire a Xeno...? 150 years after ?!? Well, for that matter why would take 200 years to make a clone of Ripley...? It is like saying that between discovering electricity and creating the light bulb it would take 100, 200 years...! So, I think AVP2 will complicate even more IF they try to do a real prequel to 'Alien', and I sincerely think  this ought to be written by the creators or a talented writer, NOT Shane Salerno... Ther is too much at risk here, not just the futre of the franchises, but of the stories' credibility as well...

Johnny Handsome

I have no problem with the setting of this movie, and i have no problem with people seeing aliens running arround, OMG, CONTINUITY!!!! now the alien movies are f**ked... why? if they make up a good story in future avp films that fix up with Alien so why not? Everything from avp2 we heard so far sounds good to me, and i actually like the small town setting, thats my oppinion.

Xenomorphine

I'm not 'believing' Fox. I'm actually arguing AGAISNT assumption, RIJ. You are assuming a huge amount of what would and would not be in the story, when we actually have very few details confirmed.  And yes, covering things up could easily lead to not anyone knowing. I put it to you, again, how much do you know about the real events which gave 'Mothman' its brief fame? Next to nothing, I'll bet, but that involved some extremely weird stuff (including creatures flying after ambulences and the like; none of which made it into the recent film), but virtually nobody in the general public knows about these events, because they can't be bothered to read up on them.  Add several hundred years to what is going to, inevitably, going ot be a very low number of survivors and it's easy to see how virtually nobody will have a clue about these creatures.  And that's assuming the Predators don't just go and sterilise the entire place, which is probably going to be what takes place.

Xenomorphine

And again, I don't see any indication that Weyland-Yutani will be in any way involved in the story. Certainly, they might be later contacted by the military for some projects, btu that does not mean the military would automatically given them all of their knowledge.  If they did, then you would also have to account for companies like Boeing and Lockheed automatically having the same access. They won't. It would be compartmentalised information.

Nukiemorph

Okay, it has not been confirmed that the predator will crash land.... It actually sounds more like it would arrive intentionally.  But your "Oh, it just happens to be located in a small mountain town that's out of the way... too convenient." idea doesn't seem right to me.  Have you ever driven from one city to another?  There's a LOT of empty space in this country, all over the world for that matter.  There's a lot of farmland/mountains/jungles/badlands/desert/etc. where there are damn near no people per square mile.  I think it would be way too much of a coincidence if they DID land in or right next to a more populated area.  And I'm not saying there's nobody with a video phone or any of that.  I'm saying cell-phone coverage and telephone service isn't reliable at all in mountainous areas.  As I said before, telephone lines could be taken down by an alien/predator brawl or as a predator's act to screw us over.  There's also the chance that a storm knocked the phone lines out... they did say a scene is being shot in the rain.  (Though I admit, THAT would be B-movie type convenience...  So I'm hoping against that...)  I'm just brainstorming here as opposed to blowing off any ideas as to how this could possibly not suck.

Nukiemorph

But aren't most movies about some light convenience? Predator was hunting in the jungle.  He was probably there for those villagers.  But the man who could manage to kick the predator's ass, Dutch, and his buddies just HAPPENED to be in the area during his hunt. Harrigan tackled a predator off a roof and there just HAPPENED to be a ledge just below the drop-off that was wide enough for him to land on and survive. The Nostromo just HAPPENED to be passing by close enough to catch the signal from the Derilect. Ripley's escape pod just HAPPENED to land in the laps of a deep salvage team, saving her life. Ripley's second escape pod just HAPPENED to land on one of the few planets that actually has no weapons, but a whole lot of victims, making the setting so great for the single alien onboard.  I LOVE these films, so I'm not saying these are annoyingly coincidental to me; I'm just pointing out that the plots of many, MANY films are based around one or more big convenience like this and the "Alien" and "Predator" films are no exception.

Nukiemorph

Now if this doesn't have a genius story, I don't care. If this doesn't scare the hell out of me, I don't care. If this doesn't bring something new and interesting to the franchises, I don't care. If this doesn't bring me a thought-provoking, amazingly crafted plot, I don't care. Granted these things are great, but as long as I get to see a shitload of aliens killing and being killed, a predator doing his thing, some blood and gore, and possibly a predalien with an at least average story and directing... I WILL ENJOY THIS FILM out of sheer love for Giger's unbelievable creations. (And that whole last paragraph pretty much sums up the first AVP for me as well…)

RIJOENPIAL

Well, necrotard, you last post DOES dispense further commentaries from me, now doesn't it...? Just one correction there: Iabout th crash-landing, I was obviously talkinh about the Predator clan's spaceship, not the summoned Predator's ship...

RIJOENPIAL

Xenomorphine, I am not assuming anything...I am criticising the setup and crew involved... I don't think all we know so far bodes well for the movie, especially if this is just going to be a VFX fest... I am applying some logic to where this movie will go and how it will deal with the problems it is going to raise, probs far worse than AVP's... Alien has always been about prevnting the Aliens from reaching populated areas, and AVP2 will do that... The Alien saga has always stated that before the Nostromo incident, nobody EVER saw an Alien or knew about it... The Alien saga is canon, AVP2 is not YET... So, right there, it is clearly proved that the Strauses' remark that continuity will be preserved is total rubbish... It is already jeoperdised... And with the foreseable clich

Katarn

Katarn

"The Alien saga has always stated that before the Nostromo incident, nobody EVER saw an Alien or knew about it"  Can you give me a quote from 1 of the movies that said that?

RIJOENPIAL

Happily... Alien Resurrection - Ripley made from samples from Fiorina 161 - the only way to obtain Xeno DNA;  Aliens - Burke (on the Extended Edition or DC) sent the exploration order AFTER Ripley told the Review board about the Xeno - Check Ripley's talk with Burke where she angrily pushes him against the wall...  Need anything more...?

RIJOENPIAL

Of course, they knew about their existence from Alien, but it is not clear they knew of its existence or if the Nostromo were only sent to check the unknown transmission or to retrieve the Xeno... The second on is unlikely, because they would have to know what the Xeno was and where to retrieve it... which is never corroborated  in the movies... They seemed to know everything fro Ash, but the primary objective, meaning, why the Nostromo was sent off their course was to check the transmission... It is very unlikely they knew about it 150 years before and waited this long to retrieve it...

RIJOENPIAL

... which will probably be implied by AVP2 and/or following, giving way to the continuity hyper-probs I have extensively mentioned before...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed