Hospital Scene in AvP2 [Updated]

Started by Darkness, Mar 31, 2007, 10:34:10 PM

Author
Hospital Scene in AvP2 [Updated] (Read 25,070 times)

RIJOENPIAL

Necrotard, when you do Aliens on Earth before 'Alien', you are breaking up with continuity! There's no way about it... AVP was set in Antarctica because PWA knew it was necessary to keep it isolated and contained, that was also why the Piper Maru trip was deemed Classified... We DON'T KNOW the small town is THAT isolated, and they have phones there, don't they? They have cell phones, etc, so the 'Isolation' part doesn't work here... That is another problem with setting AVP 2 in present-day small town, you can't bypass reality at all... And they only way for this to work and maintain continuity is 1) kill all survivors  and/or 2) cover-up, which goes against the fact that in Aliens Weyland-Yutani CEOs (not oblivious workers), Colonial Administration, etc, dissed Ripley's remarks, not believing her story...That could have been a cover-up? I don't think so... Burke sent Newt's parents only AFTER Ripley's testimony...So, a potential cover-up now would be ridiculous, because in 150 years, after Weyland had made contracts with the military, they would have known by then all they needed to know about the Xenos... Regarding the other way out for AVP2, A Predator thermonuclear detonation is old news, quite the disappointing finale...They all end like that, did you realise that...? I would definitely not like a movie (a sequel) that coward...

RIJOENPIAL

And, to finish my remarks, what Colin and Greg say don't make a dent on me... Before the movie premiere, they will always say 'you will be surprised, stay tuned, etc...' It is their job to try to sell their movie...And they sure are vaine and arrogant about it...         :D     ;)  

Katarn

Katarn

why does everybody keep forgetting Alien. Weyland-Yutani did know about the aliens. That's why the Nostromo was redirected to LV-  Ash abruptly replaced the previous science officer, whom Captain Dallas had shipped out with six times before. There is a reason he went against Ripleys orders about letting them back in again after Kane had been attacked. He also didn't want Ripley going after them.  Ripley askes Mother for advice on destroying the alien, but discovers that Weland-Yutani had recognized the signal as a warning and wanted one of the alien lifeforms brought back even at the expense of the crew:   "Nostromo rerouted to new co-ordinates. Investigate life form. Gather specimen. Priority One. Insure return of organism for analysis. All other considerations secondary. Crew expendable."  And there's also this: Parker: How come the Company sent us a god-damned robot? Ripley: All I can think of is they must have wanted the Alien for the Weapons Division. It's been protecting it right along.

RIJOENPIAL

katarn, two probs in your rationale: 1) this doesn't mean they knew what the 'organism' was... 2) they could not have known the location of the derelict in advance - no evidence to support that 3) Aliens story contradicts your findings - Burke only sent Newt's family AFTER Ripley's return...4) For WY to kno about the ALien, there would have been physical evidence, therefore no specimen needed... 5) The characters know as much as we do - They were just guessing like we wereduring the movie, so this is no evidence at all... These characters are not omniscient, they are learning as they are moving along, an Ash was STUDYING it, meaning they had never seen a xeno... If they had known wha the Alien was oer how lethal he was, there wouldn't be any need for the ' crew expendable' directive...

RIJOENPIAL

And how would they know that the warning was about the Xenomorphs?

Nukiemorph

I didn't say we KNEW the town was isolated, but it could be.  And when traveling mountainous areas and small towns, I've personally had horrible cell-phone coverage.  Who's to say the predators won't take out their communications either accidently in the crash or intentionally to screw us over?  There are some areas in which you'll have no cell phone coverage and if you do, it's only one tower.  Honestly, this is the only reason I can see for them wanting to set the film in a small town rather than a big city.  It's easier to isolate the situation in a small mountain town.  And I still don't see a problem with a coverup.  Weyland is a corporation, not the government.  Who says the government lets Weyland know everything?  And again, there's always the idea that a predator will self-destruct and destroy all of the evidence.  (I know this has been done repeatedly already, but that doesn't really mean the directors won't do it.)

Nukiemorph

**...accidently in the crash, (that is IF the predator crashes)...

RIJOENPIAL

Well, There is just too much convenience...thre ship crashing or crash-landing, nobody hearing it, landing on an ISOLATED smalltown, where there aren't any cars, people with video cameras, digital or regular photo cameras....Yeah, that is WAAAAY too convenient for me...! What are they, native americans or something...?!? The moment an Alien was sighted, many people would call everyone...phone lines, not just cell phones... This is not some bloody village in the Amazonian jungle, this is an American town !!!

RIJOENPIAL

So, that is why the mistake they avoided in AVP, which is placing the action on a POPULATED area (even if there are only 100, 200 livng there) is just desperation and dumbness... There is nothing that can come out from this that won't be controversial and B-movie-like...  Any spaceship falling out from space would have to enter the right angle (I think is 35º) otherwise the atmosphere would do its work... secondly, any crashlanding of these proportions would kill even the toughest biological organism, which in this case is the Xeno, so there will be an awful lot of 'suspension of disbelief' demanded to see this movie... I care about the story, for most of the Hollywood movies, but after Alien resurrection, I don't expect any of these franchises' movies or crossovers to be anything more than an FX fest, nothing more...   I will be knowing everything about AVP2 by the time AVP2 premieres in Europe, so I will know by then what to expect from this Crossover franchise without even having t go see it in a theater... And, as much as I love to see an FX-driven movie in theaters, I am becoming more adult about it, namely, watch it on rented DVD, rather than spending the double or triple watching it in unconfortable mall cinemas...

Johnny Handsome

Even Anderson said in one of the special features that the Weyland cooperation already knew about the Alien, so by setting his film in antarctica he didnt thought about the Alien continuity, in fact, he wanted it to be a scary invironment and wanted it to be close to another planet, thats why avp was in antarctica, i think the Weyland cooperation already knew about the Alien, thats why ash is trying to protect the Alien the whole movie, hell, parker could have just finished the Alien on the table when it break out, an ash is yelling "Dont touch it", because he was beeing send to the nostromo to bring the alien back, problem solved with continuity, Alien fans just dont accept that, but it was even meant to be that way in the original Alien movies, people saw Aliens before! Done.

RIJOENPIAL

Actually, Paul Anderson's statement was not demonstrated in the movie...If you noticed, what he said in the pre-production featurette about him saying that was when Weyland came to know about Alien technology, that statement was not proved in the movie... Everything related with the project/expedition died, except for Lex, and at no time did Weyland contact anyone at Weyland Industries, which pretty much contains the movie and the events depicted to Antartica... All evidence was obliterated, the Queen sank into a bottomless abyss...   There were many statements PWA made in the Preprod that nevr made it into the film: the Cambodja prologue was not there, only a variation, and the Aliens by the thousands still contained the movie, because PWa was just making a tease-joke about 'why certain civilizations disappeared without a trace'... IN AVP, there as nothing that would imply Weyland Industries could ever know about the xenomorph, because there wasn't even time to contact anyone outside Antartica... The voyage of the Piper Maru was 'CONFIDENTIAL', meaning only the participants knew about the EXPEDITION, not the finding of xenos and preds... So, grosso modo, I disagree with you there, Johnny...

RIJOENPIAL

Oh, and 'Aliens' clearly contradicts your saying...  It was only after Ripley told Burke and the CEO's that Burke sent orders for the derelict to be investigated...  So, Ash was only doing the cautious advice you would give to anyone when they encounter an animal you don't know...for poisonous reasons and such... so your allegations there are pretty arguable IMHO...

RIJOENPIAL

We can only count on what is stated on the movies... And both 'Alien' and 'Aliens' are pretty straightforward...

Johnny Handsome

Yes, at the end of avp there was no evidence left, and yes, movies are just cannon and not some making ofs, but now there is coming avp2 and maybe the humans have proofe at the end of this one... All can be changed now, and when it fits with the Alien movies then why not.

RIJOENPIAL

The Nostromo was sent by WY to investigate an alien signal as part of the contract stipulating that 'any contact of possible intelligent origin must be investigated...' So, Ash had access to the Mother and presumably he fed them all the findings about the Xeno biology to WY, and was presumably instructed to protect the xeno at all times, because of his clearly useful biological traits, and because of the importance of the xeno to them, for the bioweapons applications, they did what any greedy and criminal corporation or  entity does: they erase all witnesses to protect their goals... The 'expendable crew' was meant to show that for WY only the xeno as important, but all this info was given AFTER Ash had more than enough time to study it... Ash replacing the former science officer could well be just to show how much distrust was between the crew and Ash, and Ash opening the outer hatch meant he was doing what all scientists do when there is anything new to investigate: they dive in without thinking about the consequences... Ash was a robot, so they follow orders, but there is nothing in Alien that clarly states that the Nostromo landed on LV-426 spcifically to retrieve the Xeno, onnly to investigate what the transmission was and where it came from... So, it is far from established what you said there, johnny...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed