Alien 3 Workprint Deleted Scenes

Started by Darkness, Feb 16, 2007, 07:51:53 PM

Author
Alien 3 Workprint Deleted Scenes (Read 7,010 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Just came across this. A user on YouTube has uploaded 16 deleted scenes from the Alien 3 workprint that weren’t found on the Alien Quadrilogy Special Edition. There’s a lot of extended scenes. The scene where Ripley pours water over the alien is a lot longer. The final sequence with Bishop II is a lot longer too. Dillon’s death has also been extended. The quality of the clips isn’t great but it was still interesting to see them. I do hope one day Fincher will do a director’s cut of Alien 3. Thanks to AvPFreaks for the news.

Corporal Hicks

He'll never do a directors cut.

SiL

SiL

He'd need to do re-shoots to be able to make what he wanted. That's not gonna happen.

Darkness

Darkness

He'd need to do reshoots?

SiL

SiL

That's what the inside cover of the two-disc DVD set says. I'm guessing for all the stuff he wasn't able to do/wasn't able to do properly.

Danger Close

If Fincher was given the freedom to make HIS movie, without alot of studio interferance, Alien 3 could easily have equalled Alien and Aliens. But it still good.

Hicks

Hicks

I'm with Hicks, it's never going to happen. Fincher's too cynical toward the film nowadays.

Hankerson

Hankerson

As long as Murphy’s dog Spike still dies in the “circle of life” scene; it was far more emotionally powerful than the stupid ox, Babe. And as long as Golic still gets to have his fun with the “dragon”.

Darren

Darren

Yeah, from what I've seen a "Director's Cut" should contain the dog-burster and the sequence where the alien is captured. I'm unsure whether they should have the alien bursting from Ripley or not. A lot of the dialogue in the extra scenes would need to be re-recorded by the actors though.

CheezySpam

CheezySpam

why in the world didn't they add these scenes to the quad? at least as easter eggs or something... i feel bad for fincher, it was a great movie because HE made it great despite the crap he had to put up with to make it.

Danger Close

It's fine the way it is... just please redo the CG! PLEASE!

Hankerson

Hankerson

There was only one CG scene in the entire film and it looked superb. The parts that looked like “bad CG” were actually a poorly done rod-puppet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed