AvP2 VFX Work Begins January [Updated]

Started by Darkness, Dec 24, 2006, 11:21:43 PM

Author
AvP2 VFX Work Begins January [Updated] (Read 8,205 times)

Darkness

AvP2 co-director, Colin Strause, posted something interesting on the IMDB Boards a few hours ago. He says they are in editing now and “heavy” visual effects work will begin on the film in January.

“We can’t offically answer questions at this time, but I can say we lucked out on the weather, which is very rare in Vancouver for the time of year that we where there. Everything went very well on the shoot, and we are in the middle of editing right now, with heavy VFX work starting next month.”

He continues “Even when you use in-camera creatures, that doesn’t mean there aren’t other CGI effects like de-cloaking, weapon blades deploying, wire work to be painted out, plasma basts, etc, etc. Also, there will always be a few shots that are impossible to do with in-camera actors, so CGI stunt doubles are needed.”

I think it’s safe to say, the visual effects in AvP2 will surpass the previous film, if nothing else.

locusta

I´ve the strange feeling, that the whole apperance of the hybrid will be cg.

Ermac

Ermac

Of course it will. As will the horde of CGI aliens running loose through the town. As will the CGI Predator weapons unfolding. As will the space scenes, the fight scenes, the camera work, everything,

YautjaWarrior

I'm wondering when these filming guys will realize that the fans don't care about all this "Ultra-CG" stuff. As long as they give us a good plot and some decent fight scenes, we couldn't care less about all of this fancy stuff.

MoBiUGeArSkIn

So long as it looks good and consistant, I don't care how much CGI they add. AvP had some very cool blends, did pretty well on that front I think. This sequel will probably be larger scale, and will probably feature more of everything. I don't think groups of dudes in suits would provide enough grandure.

Corporal Hicks

Hey. Here's what Colin said about the FX:  Even when you use in-camera creatures, that doesn't mean there aren't other CGI effects like de-cloaking, weapon blades deploying, wire work to be painted out, plasma basts, etc, etc. Also, there will always be a few shots that are impossible to do with in-camera actors, so CGI stunt doubles are needed.   D, you wanna edit this into the post above or something?

Ermac

Ermac

I highly doubt AvP2 will have as near the budget the original had, hense the use of a crummy town in Colorado and a cast so crappy, Babylon 5 would turn them down.

CELTICPRED

Nice, perhaps a trailer by the end of January?   I'm not worried yet.  I have no reason to worry, I'll have to wait until I see at least a trailer to see if this is shit or not.  I have high hopes though.

uhhhhh

high hopes as well.

Mr. Weyland

I cant wait for any trailer    ???  

bob

bob

ive got a bad feeling about this movie

topman

i agree with the obove person. i havent got high expections for this movie because its being done by to new directors who really havent got the experience ( music vids dont count ) in doing a major movie. thats the thing that i dont understand about fox!, why cant they take this a bit more seriously. its got potential to be a really good film. lets just hope!!

topman

its 2 new directors. sorry   ;D  

Mr. Weyland

all the other directors, except paul anderson, havent realy done more than a few movies befofe they did an Alien or Predator movie, paul anderson has done loads of movies before AVP and most of them suck.

topman

thats actually quite true!   ;D  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed