Two different styles of directing?

Started by Pvt. Hicks, Aug 03, 2007, 09:14:02 PM

Author
Two different styles of directing? (Read 1,064 times)

Pvt. Hicks

Do you guys think since there are two different directors, that there will be two different styles of directing? They seem very different in how both their styles are because at Fango Tom Woodruff was like "When I was in the *looks around, giggles* NEWMONSTERSUIT, Colin said for me to go fast, and then Greg came up to be and told me to move slower"

So do you guys think we'll see two different styles?

Don Dorris

I don't. They have to work together and the rest of the crew remains the same. You're talking as if two directors means half the film was done by one, the rest the other. That's not how it works.

Basically if we see two different styles then something must be wrong, unless it's on purpose for a change in tone for the film.

Danger Close

It makes sense, The Predator works better with a fast pace. And the Alien creature is better suited to a slower, more methodical approch. I don't think we would notice 2 different styles though. They will balance eachother out.

Don Dorris

One of the conditions of the directors guild for two directors working on the film was that they both had to be present at the same time so that there would be a 'collective vision' - this is what colin said when asked about getting around the guild's requirements.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed