Report On HBO Special

Started by Darkness, Aug 06, 2004, 01:29:53 PM

Author
Report On HBO Special (Read 7,229 times)

Darkness

Darkness

From what I’ve heard, the HBO Special last night was amazing to watch. A visitor called Pierce sent his report on the programme which you can find on the next page. Here’s an extract:

“Also you get to see the predator dropships falling in, and shattering the ice aroung the Weland station, as well and some nice facehugger slow motion shots as they leap out from the eggs (not to mention the nice close up pics of the models for them). There are also a shot of a predator hitting down one of the explorers down the ice tunnel and Alexa catching his jacket as he slides down by slamming an icepick into the shoulder of his jacket.”

I should also be getting some pictures from the programme later today. I think requesting a video clip is wishful thinking because of the high file-size.

—Begin Report—

“I just finished watching it. There is some new footage of fighting as well as some extremely memorable shots, like that swarm of aliens crawling up the pyramid viewed from the top, looking down on the city, the successful predator with an alien head on his spear being picked up by the mothership. Another great one is where Sebastian boosts Alexa up onto a closing stone block that is rising to block and exit, and then climbs in (the scene with Sebastian crawling near the end of the trailer), while a predator follows them. She gets out, and he is almost out except for above his shoulders is still inside, and he looks like he may be stuck as the predator hurls a shuriken in at him. You see the ancient people as willing sacrifices with facehuggers crawling up toward their faces while they lie still on the stone blocks.

Also you get to see the predator dropships falling in, and shattering the ice aroung the Weland station, as well and some nice facehugger slow motion shots as they leap out from the eggs (not to mention the nice close up pics of the models for them). There are also a shot of a predator hitting down one of the explorers down the ice tunnel and Alexa catching his jacket as he slides down by slamming an icepick into the shoulder of his jacket. There is a shot of the predator ship in orbit as well. There are some great shots of the gigantic sets that they built too.

You get to see the Weland Station, the boat sailing into the ice, and the pyramid. They went into great amounts of detail on using actual models, and then using CG to enhance them. They said that there are at least 7-8 minute fights that take place. At the end there was a long series of scenes, many of which were new clips of fighting, and running from the creatures. A shot of Alexa curled up in fear with an alien right next to her, shooting out it’s inner mouth. A GREAT subtle tribute to ‘Aliens’ with Weland sitting infront of a computer in his office, tapping a pen between his fingers, like he does with a knife in the second aliens movie. If you were at ALL sceptical about the movie, this throws away all doubt. This is going to be amazing!”

—End Report—

izzet

izzet

We've still got 2 f*ckin months to wait in the UK, it's so frustrating. Can't wait to see them pics if you can upload them Darkness.

SHURIKEN

SHURIKEN

one week from today    yes   hey darkness         are you going to have like a new little section of this sight for people to write reviews of the movie           just wondering     it would be coll if you did

MoBiUG

MoBiUG

Us peeps in the UK will have to make do with the toys until the film hits this October. Can't wait to hear what the critics say next week   ;D  

Pvt Hudson

Pvt Hudson

come on Bishop do the thing with the knife! alllright!

Maurice "HopeOfTheFuture" Huijs

Maurice "HopeOfTheFuture" Huijs

can't wait anymore... can't wait anymore....

Hunter

Hunter

This is so annoying, that we have to wait untill october ( i'm from Holland )  U read all these things while we still have to wait for 2 months ! So when we'll be able to see the movie in cinema, 50 % of the world already have seen it many times in the cinemas. I hate this... Glad that there are cd burners and dvd players so i can watch it on dvd. But in cinema its so differend.. so much better.. But i cant wait to see the movie, i've been waiting for this soooooooooo long ! AVP ROCKS !

mrlee

mrlee

i like the tribute idea

G-Dog

G-Dog

damn man, this sounds freaking bad ass!!!!! I didn't see it, no cable, but what I read sounds like my dream came true!!!! 7-8 minute fights, thats great, more than I expected, man I can't wait!!!!!

Heavy Metal Spike

Heavy Metal Spike

Let the scales on their eyes be cast off - and yay - they shall be in awe of the greatness!  Here starteth the lesson!  Muuhaahaahaahaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh

Oh

argh 2 months wait is tOO lonG.

inkedspawn

inkedspawn

i cant wait two months my affraid, as soon as i can download it im having it.but ill still go to the cinema

inkedspawn

inkedspawn

did anyone tape this program and will we be able to download it.

Kevfan

Kevfan

HEY, you guys from UK! AVP starts 10.september in Oslo, Norway. Order your plain tickets NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

J

J

QUICKTIME THIS BITCH SO WE CAN ALL GROOL LIKE CRAZY!   ;D     ( thats if its possible   :)  )

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed