HBO Programme Screenshots!

Started by Darkness, Aug 07, 2004, 12:00:13 AM

Author
HBO Programme Screenshots! (Read 21,513 times)

OberonQA

OberonQA

Damn guys!  No need to be rude...

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

I was just thinking guys, but does anyone else get the feeling that the end of the AvP novel might have purposely been written different from the movie so that whatever happens in the movie suprises us?  It wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened (the novel of Independence Day is a good example of different endings).

OberonQA

OberonQA

That is entirely possible Galmorzu and not entirely unrealistic.  Given the hype machine this movie has, Fox (and PA) would have just cause to try to keep the ending of the movie a secret... even if that means leaking shooting scripts with alternate endings onto the internet or changing the novelization somewhat.  Although, on the reverse side of the coin, remember this is Fox we're dealing with here.  <SPOILER>  The same company that authorized the release of the soundtrack to Star Wars Episode 1 and had the titles "Qui-Gon's Noble End" and "Qui-Gon's Funeral" listed on the track listing on the back of the jewelcase </SPOILER>  So...  who knows...

WB

WB

The fear Lex shows is absolutely great.  Great, great acting.

HellAlien

HellAlien

Its sure that the novel is not the movie galmorzu, they would never do this right. They dont want to spoil the entire thing. When i was reading the novel, and that they were talkin of the alpha grid and all, and then when we saw the thing in the clip, that was suppos to be grid, and as we all saw it is not different from a normal alien.   So im sure that the end is gonna be different from what we have read .  And cookies, the thing is that PA said that he wanted to do this one on earth cuz when he saw the thing with A3, that it was suppos to be on earth and all.Then it finished to not be on earth, and he really wanted to bring the aliens on earth. The the only thing he had to do is to do a good story for it, he then saw sketches of a guy with the preds being treated as gods and voila. And the thing of the aliens ( real aliens not the aliens, lol) having built the pyramids and all. It was all logical for PA. So its not a so dumb idea and i think that your the only one complaining about it. I mean didnt you wanted to c aliens on earth too? ANd to put the fight in space wouldnt have been bad either, that is mostly what will happen later in the sequels. Hopefully.

Variable

Variable

Thank you for your welcomes. I just saw a Predator CE trailer. Something new. Im sure an AVP soundtrack will be released but who knows when. Im sure the movie doesnt end with a preds skin moving around. It will probably burst and give that little chestburster screech we have come know and then the screen will go black. That would satisfy me.

OberonQA

OberonQA

As far as the whole Pyramid concept goes, this can go back to some of the ideas Ridley Scott and H.R. Giger were throwing around during the pre-production of Alien.  A couple of concept images Giger did before doing the Derelict was of an Egg Silo that housed the Alien eggs (owners of the Alien Quadrilogy can view the Silo concept images as well as listen to Ridley discuss the idea on the commentary and Giger discuss it on the 2-hour featurette disc).  This idea was obviously scraped in favor of the Derelict, but I believe the Silo idea was fleshed out in the shooting script,  This may be part of the 40 pages of unshot script material that PA integrated into his movie.

OberonQA

OberonQA

That sort of ending would please a lot of us, Variable.  Then again... I'm of the opinion that any ending that doesn't just STOP is a good ending (one of my biggest gripes with the LotR trilogy is the way FotR and TT ended).

Nik

Nik

Fresh Alien Terds calm down aliens can sense dont have eyes and can sense the preds even when cloaked so why do it and u dont seem to be a fan of the movie so why visit the website

OberonQA

OberonQA

It would make sense for the preds to not utilize their cloak while hunting the Aliens... if for no other reason to conserve energy for other uses (the plasma cannon comes immediately to mind).  In the AvP games, running cloak slowly depleted the energy reserve... so you wouldn't utilize it if the only thing you were hunting is something that could see through the cloak effect.  Of course, from a purely cinematic perspective, how interesting would it be if the preds kept their cloak on for the majority of the film?

HellAlien

HellAlien

Well something i taught about that cloaking thing is that the preds are arriving to the pyramid cloaked right. But like sebastian said, its a trap, so the preds were knowing that there could be humans outside. So the cloaking thing. But they know that aliens r still able to c them even if cloaked so why being cloaked inside exep if its to kill the humans. When they saw that there were more humans than expected, they began killing them so that the aliens wouldnt had time to forge an army that would crush the preds. But then no need to cloak. And we dunno if the energy source for the cloaking is the same as the caster. I dont think so, that woul be dumb from the preds, they were better doin 2 seperate batteries.   But anyway, we will have the answer soon my friends.

OberonQA

OberonQA

I agree with ya... except in that HBO special, there is a quick clip of one of the Pred dropships flying over the whaling station and a human (I think it was Sebastian) looks up and sees it (the camera is on the ground at Sebastian's feet looking up towards the sky).  So it's entirely possible the preds don't know about the humans until everyone is locked up inside the pyramid.  As for the energy source(s) that power Pred technology... who knows.  I for one will be laughing my ass off if I see a Pred pull out a plasmacharger (recharging item that fires off electricity into the Pred and recharges the "battery" in the AvP games).  BTW:  Laughing in a good sense...  ;-)

Fresh Alien Terds

Fresh Alien Terds

Hey anyone else besides me hoping that they actually show what each of the different pred masks do in the movie.  The book does a great job of NOT explaining it.  Having different styles of masks and nothing to show for it would be stupid.

HellAlien

HellAlien

yea i got ya there, but to c the ship is one thing, but to c the preds is another. i dont really think that the preds cares about the human seing the ship. Since its high enough not to be attacked and all. But on the ground is another thing. And yes it would be fun to c that charger in tha movie. But i doubt we will since the preds r almost not using the casters and the cloaking. Its all melee baby.

OberonQA

OberonQA

FAT - the masks are probably just a personal touch... individually customized by the Predator that wears it.  Sort of like in Aliens, each Colonial Marine had their own customized body armor.  The body armor customizations were cosmetic and didn't add to or detract from the functionality of the armor.  Same theory... different movie

HellAlien - yea... ur probably right about not seeing too much caster/cloak action.  I would hope to see the spear and disc make the occasional appearance though (along with the shurikan that we've seen a pred throw).  Although... after looking at the storyboards and concept images (I refuse to look at the novelization until after I see the movie), I have reason to believe most of the spear action we'll see will be while Lex is wielding it....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed