ComingSoon.net's AvP Review

Started by Darkness, Aug 13, 2004, 12:22:36 AM

Author
ComingSoon.net's AvP Review (Read 17,314 times)

OberonQA

OberonQA

I'm going to be seeing it today at 3:00pm.  I'm going to see it with an open mind, expecting to see Aliens and Predators beating the crap out of each other.  Nothing more... nothing less.  ;-)

Ermac

Ermac

I'm going to go away and cry. A lot.

eXhale

eXhale

well, so far this movie has worse reviews than van helsing, which is in my "top5" of all time bad movies... seems like some greedy people at fox and one bad director have destroyed the whole thing... and i'm not going to do them the favour of going to cinema and finding out if the movie is really that bad... by the way... can anyone tell me about ONE really good movie by Fox published in the last 12 months?

ur mom

ur mom

i saw the movie, it wasnt as bad ass some reviews, but its not good eithr, its just a rly plain, painfuly plain film. many scenes remind me of WWE smackdown, velociraptors from jurassic park, even the Godzilla from the american version.  most ppl rnt even given names so u no they'r gona die. there is no suspense in this film and some of the aliens looks clearly CG,  espcilaly the queen in the snow.

eXhale

eXhale

well, so far this movie has worse reviews than van helsing, which is in my "top5" of all time bad movies... seems like some greedy people at fox and one bad director have destroyed the whole thing... and i'm not going to do them the favour of going to cinema and finding out if the movie is really that bad... by the way... can anyone tell me about ONE really good movie by Fox published in the last 12 months?

YautjaWarrior

YautjaWarrior

I SAW THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thebiggestpigme

thebiggestpigme

all i can say is wait for the dvd, the movie itself was alright, i might see it again sometime. The movie feels to rushed for it to be the final final version, and it cuts out some of the stuff i was looking forward to from the book.

ur mom

ur mom

btw, the predator ship is prety awsome, its like a futuristic version of the b-2 stealth bomber, its so quiet and so huge

JTrebat85

JTrebat85

SPOLIER & MY REVIEW  I saw the midnight showing.  It was better than i expected coming from Paul Anderson.  But I hate to be critical The Predator didn't look right.  It looked much better in the first film if you ask me.  Im not talking about the masks and stuff when looking at there mouths and mandibles it just didn't seem the same as the orginal.  The orginal version which Stan Winston created was very good.  It seemed more real.  My other problem was the predator space craft the interior does not match the interior from the previous films.  No Orange glowing walls.  It seemed like the Bridge of a star destroyer from star wars without the computers.  I liked the Aliens but I wish that they would have them walk upright like humans sometimes.  To keep it close to context with the first film.  The Predators visions are different.  It was blue in the first film to spot humans now its red.  and green is to spot Aliens. and my only other problem their was alot more cgi toward the end of the film.  The Alien Queen wasn't that menacing during the shots with cgi.  Now I can understand that Cgi helped alot.  But I think it would have been better if they used a model for a few of those seens and get rid of some of the cgi.  I give the picture a C+ to B- range.  It was Certainly better than Predator 2 and Alien Resurection.  But it wasn't that great.  It has to be Paul Andersons best film hes ever made in his hole career.

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

I'm sure the DVD will contain some cool goodies.  For the people outside the US, don't worry about the negative reviews. I liked the movie, and I'm finding that a lot of others did too. It's a mixed bag -- sure there are things missing, things that could have been done better, etc.. But in the end, it isn't worth latching onto. I found AVP entertaining and enjoyable to watch despite its flaws. Hell, out of all of the people who you thought might HATE the movie, Harry Knowles isn't one of them.

A Longtime Fan

A Longtime Fan

I've never really posted on here before, but I've been keeping up with the info on the movie through here.  I feel it necessary to say that the critics are over-rated and never give the fans the reviews they'd hope for.  Honestly, go see the movie and judge for yourself.  You won't be wasting your money.    I got to see it today and I was more than pleased.  I got three or four good scares out of it even when I was expecting it.  Some of the physical features of the creatures have changed, but it's a change; nothing can really stay the same if you want it to be better.  When the critics say the predator should have kept his mask on, they were sort of right, but it's just because the Predator's face looks different.  You can see it in the trailers, so I'm not ruining anything.  Anyway, it stopped me short at first simply because he has more teeth, but I got used to it and could justify it like he's another clan of hunters, just like how the first predator had lighter skin than the predator in the second movie.  It's like different breeds of humans: we're not all mirror copies of each other.    Paul Anderson did an outstanding job paying homage to all the different forms of Alien and Predator media: the old movies, the games, the comics, etc.  It's definately a great step in the history of the two species and I definately would expect to see more a few more movies based on these creatures, and off of this story.

sexualpredator

sexualpredator

jus saw it guys. good things and bad. this is not an older-style movie. very modern and very similar to jurrasic park. the aliens were done very good. i think PA favors them over preds. its a very childish movie and at the same time has some cool adult stuff. it seemed very short and rushed. longer running time and an R rating would have done a lot for the film

ur mom

ur mom

ps. theres almost no blood in this film watsoever, even when places where blood shoud'v been there. im not  a big fan of excessive blood shed, but still, zero blood takes the authanticity out of the film; not that theres any to begin with

HellAlien

HellAlien

You guys wants a report of avp here it is.  Was avp good ? Yes ,  is it the movie blockbuster? No, it will not beat spidey 2 at all. read to know why. Is it a flop ?  No, it was good but with flaws How many preds? 3 how many aliens ??  about 15 or so. not hundreds exep for the flashback.  So what about this movie, alot of spoilers r following.  so did i loved avp ? yes it was good, very good. But the movie is only 105 mins. better than 87 tho. but that is the main weakness of avp, is lenght, i will come back on it later.  So first, the props.  theres alot :  1- good action, the fights were rough and tough. it was very good to c those freaks getting 1-1 and the humans r doin something too.  2- the thrill, was it present? yes , we had some nice  shots when they r in the whaling station. they built in some stressfull situations. and in tha pyramid it was also good  3- the cgi, it was amazing, damn it was great. The aliens , the queen, the preds effect all of it was near perfection.  4- THE QUEEN !!!!!!! man she was something, at one point she is vs scar and lex, and she gets a spear thrue the neck, she then falls on a house, man it was almost like godzilla, she was huge and beutiful to c.  she was perfect, looked alot like a t-rex too ,eheh.  she was amazing.  5 the preds, they were awsome, they were not that goofy in these suits. they stood tall and they were great.  6- the aliens, man, they were something to c , woodruf was awsome in the role of the alien. he was great.  7- the story was also good, it was well done and well rendered.   8- some lil humorous moments, it was not too much nor too lil. it was ok.   9 the plot did a good job, it wasnt perfect but they did something good.  10- Saana was great, i couldnt say that she was better than Ripley tho, she was great but something was missing. But overall she was great.  11- SCAR!!!!!!! what a pred man he was tha man. He did some very nice moves, he was cool, strong and everything, at one point, an alien was crawling on the wall beside Scar, he was at the level of scar, looked like he was goin to do a headbite , but then, scar with the same shuriken he used to cut the facehugger in 2,  stroke th alien head with it. He didnt even looked at the alien, you just saw half of his head falling on the ground. it was so cool.   well here r some few pros for avp now to the cons.  1- the main thing here was the lenght of the thing, it was too short, we felt like pushed to the end of the movie. They should ha done it a 2.30 hour movie.   2- There r only 3 preds in this, and 2 r dying quick. very quick, we r soon with scar alone. Grid is killing gill pred then right after he goes for celtic, the fight was awsome, but it was the only one we saw of a pred vs an alien. lol. again the lenght of the movie made it impossible for 5 preds, so they cut it to 3.   3- The text, the language, the replies. It was kinda lame, Why? well when they get trapped in tha pyramid, they imeediatly begins talkin of their childrens and all. Lame. And like every holywood movie, they r love storyies in this. Lex and Sebastian of course r gettin really friendly with some lame text.  But, we cant pass it. love is everywhere eh, even in antartic where there r monsters and all. They dont kiss or anything, but you could tell that they were goin to become great friends in this. ANd theres also the others that r saying things just for saying things. Anyway, some part were good others were bad. The texte would had needed bit more in it. But again the lenght of the thing made it this way. 4- again the speed of the thing is annoying, they did all of it so quick, like Adele gets facehugged, then maybe 5 mins after, the hugger is dead and she is awake, and right after the chestburster is coming out. All that took maybe 15 mins in the movie time. Way too fast. And the aliens r growing like in 15 mins they r full grown and all. It wasnt right. Like i said we felt pushed to the end.   6  The way lex team up with scar, lex is killing an alien with the spear like we all know, so she killed the alien, who was a very smart alien !!, he fainted death to try to make a last move on lex, a head bite, but he missed a lil 2 inches to get to her, and then he died. Very smart lil critter, r.i.p. my friend. lol.  then lex is up, the pred takes his spear back and is gettin away when Lex says to him" wait you son of a bitch im coming with you" then Scar turned around , face lex, lok at the dead alien, look at lex and he is on his knees makin her some weapons with the tail and the head. So thats it, they r running together and all. lame.  but there is no thing as the pred is scaring lex and then he is laughing. There is none of that at least.   7-humans have guns and they r not saying exactly why in the movie. its weird. as soon as something happened you saw all of them getting guns out. it was bit weird to c.   8- we dont c thrue the eyes of the aliens. I would had loved to c that but we dont.  Anyway i think i made it here. Others r goin to add things to what i said above.   And now for some good spoilers.  Well, first i loved the way they did the preds ship. It was awsome, if some of ya guys played starcraft, the preds ship was bit like the carrier of the protoss. it was awsome.  Also, i loved the elder pred altough we only c him at the end. His face was great, very cool. He was a mixted thing of the preds in P1 and 2. He was great.  the preds weaponry was also good, they had spears, the shurikens, the casters the dagger and by the way, the armor and wristbaled r melting, but nothing else is melting, nor the spear or the shurikens or the dagger. and the shuriken was a perfect weapon in this environnement, the disc would had been too slow.  The shuriken was used on the queen by scar 3 times, throat, crest or crown, and again throat were hit by the shuriken.    It was so great to c that queen and all the dmg she had, she had 2 spears in tha throat, 1 spear litteraly thrue the head, and she was still kicking pretty hard. I dunno how they could had killed the queen, with what they had. She was dragged in the dept wheh scar was able while the queen was gettin the spear out of her head, to drag her a bit, just enough that lex was able to fix the chains to a huge water reservoir that the queen bashed while lex was under it. then it falls gettin the queen with it.

SENTINEL

SENTINEL

i been hearing alot from people that the movie sucked, im damm near ready to kill paul but not yet,just tell me this better than his last film be you know resident evil,and was it as good as ALIENS 2 and the first predator film from a scale to 1-10 where does avp fall into.   ???   please give me some good news because i will get fired from hollywood if this movie sucked! i dont know what ill do but ill think of something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed