What Is AvP's Running Time?

Started by Darkness, Jul 29, 2004, 09:49:19 PM

Author
What Is AvP's Running Time? (Read 16,637 times)

VictorVega

VictorVega

Woah. Good running time. At least its better than 1 hour 27 min. The Predator movies were around this length.

voltz

voltz

This is not very fitting news.  If that was the amount of time left on the cutting room floor, then I guess my response to seeing this film will be going before the evening show while it's cheaper.  I don't pay $7+ for a quick show.  If anyone wants to send the message to Fox, say you'll still see it, but not pay in full like they would've wanted.

Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Then you'll probly pay more for the DVD..

voltz

voltz

Well, that's somewhat the plan.  I usually go with the idea of renting first and wait till the special edition comes out.  Even if I were to buy it, I usually never pay more then $10 via discount or used and it goes for trade when it's re-released.  See this helped when I got T2 ultimate edition and I didn't hardly lose out.    ;D  

Heavy Metal Spike

Heavy Metal Spike

I've been waiting for this thing for over 10 years. Both pred movies are in my top 10 of all time and I never understood why#2 gets such bad press. I am just so friggin' grateful that this has finally been made I really don't care about the rating and the time.  The rating makes sense from a marketing point of view - would you rather have less bums on seats and less chance of an AVP 2? Or would you rather have a few less swear words and less gore and WAY more chance of a sequel.  As stated elsewhere – the timing may be a good idea as well – without the suspense of introducing the species you can’t have the slow buildup that Alien had, and you can’t have 2 hours of fight-after-fight.  The pyramid has limited space – it ain’t a jungle.  Oh – who am I kidding – I would have preferred 2 hrs 30 as well!!  If this is anywhere near as good as either of the 2 pred movies – I’ll be going 2 or 3 times at the big screen, will buy all versions of the DVD, the t-shirt, the cuddly toys, the action figures, and will gladly let Sonia Latham have my baby.

tribalcore

tribalcore

BRINGER OF DEATH ...YOU'RE THE F*CKING SHIT RIGHT THERE MAN!!!! TOTAL RESPECT!!!! ARENT YOU THE METAL HEAD TOO OUTTA THE BUNCH HERE AT AvP?

Heavy Metal Spike

Heavy Metal Spike

And to those people who are about to point out that it’s Sanaa Lathan NOT Sonia Latham – I KNOW ALRIGHT ALREADY! But Sonia Latham is this really hot blonde who lives down the road – man – does SHE redefine chestburster or what!    :)     :)     :)  

Torch

Torch

Not to sound like a "sheep", Bringer, but I totally agree with you. Sh*t, how do you think I feel knowing that my 2 favorite monsters are gonna be 'softened up' to please the younger crowd?   You know, there's an old saying that goes, "Money is the root to all evil", and it's also the root to stupidity.  It's gut-wrenching to see how far Fox goes to make a movie aimed at an audience that probably knows absolutely nothing about the 2 creatures that are featured.  But they think "Well, we really don't care what the fans want just as long as we get what we want- $$$$."  That would be like a recording artist saying that he/she doesn't give a damn what they're fans want as long as they go buy their album.  It's shady, greedy, and just plain wrong.  But hey, that's the way Hollywood is.  It all boils down to this, folks- no matter how you look at this movie, in one way or another, it's gonna end up being dissapointing.  Whether it be the rating, the story, the dialogue, the director, the lack of blood and gore, the score, the creature designs, or Fox themselves  EVERYBODY is gonna have something to complain about.  And for those of you who despite everything negative about AVP STILL have high hopes, you need a good slap in the face and brought back down to reality, (and I'm not saying that trying to piss anybody off).   I for one don't care about the rating as long as the gore (that includes human) is present, and believe me there is nobody, and I mean NOBODY who's a bigger gore maniac than me .  But newsflash, THERE CAN'T BE HUMAN GORE WITH A PG-13 RATING!!!  There's only one way to find out to see if AVP even remotely lives up (which is about 85% that it won't)- and that's to go see it Aug. 13, with or without the "free" movie ticket.

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Fu#$ ya Tribal core you gotta love the heavy shit my friend, scew the rap crap   ;)  , but ya im glad you agree with some of my points.And admiral max, im not saying that the younger alien and pred fans arnt worthy to view this movie, im just saying it shouldnt have been aimed at such a younger audience thats alll, i mean alien was released in 79, aliens 86, pred 1 in 87, pred 2 in 90, well you see my point, most teens wouldnt have been alive even or just being born at these times, i was born in 81, so iwas young when the alien movies came out but that didnt stop me from seeing them, my dad was realy cool in the fact that he showed me these movies in the first place because he knew i could handle the violence and what not due to the fact that i was drawing more gory and violent pictures of dinosaurs killing and eating each other at the time.   ;D  .

alienworshoper

alienworshoper

i dont see what the f**k all of you guys are complaining about. if you want a two hour movie go make a shitty version on your own. im gonna go see this movie and ENJOY what they gave me. if all of you are true fans you should realize that all they are doing is trying to expand the aliens and predator movies fans. if they want people to watch this they need more fans.if they get more fans the better a movie they could make and the more they can give us. if we support what they are doing they should make a second one. all the people i know how love the aliens and predator movies dont give a f**k on what the movie is rated or how long it is. i read the book and it seem like it will be pretty f**king good. the aliens and predators kicked ass and they shhould do a good job from what i have seen and heard. if you are true fans you might realise this so dont go f**king dissing the movie before you see it! ur mom there will be chestburstes...have you seen any of the commercials?

alienworshoper

alienworshoper

Oh...and no offense.....you guys need to use spell check....so do i because im the worst speller you will ever find but i just wanted to say that

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Torch, great points there my friend, but you speaking your mind is exactly what im talking about NOT being one of the many sheep that follow the herd.Good for you man in having the balls to say exactly what you mean and the best thing about it is pretty much everything you just said is absolutely right, and I agree and say again , dont get your hopes up for this film to be everything you drempt about this being - the best of the alien . pred films in one, thats what it should have been but , leave it to good ol Fow and the need to screw the people who matter most- the fans , to get exactly what they want-$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$  its a shame to because this movie should have been able to take the title of # 1 movie of the year, Im not sayin it dosnt have a chance but , being pg 13 and not being able to do allot of the necesary things this movie needed to have like signature killing methods of these monsters will end up hurting this film in the long run,but if they dont at least gives us alien and pred death in all its gory glory,........................... well you can add your own ending to that.   ??? 

alienworshoper, I read the novel also but i doubt there very similar due to the fact of the graphic HUMAN deaths described in the book 
Spoiler
in one seen Quin and the other mercinary(spellings wrong i think) are above ground going through all there weapons and equipment when the preds arrive, one guy gets both arms sliced right off with blood every were and another gets speared and another gets his ass wooped and thrown down the huge 2000 foot deep tunne[, and the part we see in the trailer were the guy bust the 2 by 4 over the pred we see guys strung upside down in the background, but in the book they describe how they have huge frozen icecles from there headless shoulders down to the ground.I doubt they'll show that scene that graphic in the film with it pg 13 rating.Some other scenes the writer describes how the pred jams his wrist baldes through a mans skull deep into his brain.So if these parts are indeed in the movie they'll either be in infrared or poopy cut away scenes.BOOOOOO! Enter Text
[close]

El Demonio Cazador

El Demonio Cazador

Man...Paul better deliver the goods on this one... or his out of bussiness..... This movie is so full of bad choices... 1. No Giger or Winston  2. No Jerry Goldsmith (R.I.P.) no James Horner, No Alan Silvestri 3. Takes place on earth 4. No marines 5. Forced appearence of Weyland 6. PG-13 (one of the worst) 7. Running time: Approx 100 minutes  Am I missing anything? I hope it doesn't get worse...  Saludos!

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Dont get me wrong fellas, i want this movie to do well so we get sequels i just dont understand there motives to make this movie and probably a series of sequels pg 13, Now im sure were in for a treat, but it will most likely be a basic action movie orriented kinda flick, not a sci fi horro kind like the previous ones before it.I just hope we get cool scenes from the novel like  
Spoiler
When scar and lex are trapped in part of the pyramid ,scar starts to skin and disect and alien body by cutting and removing the hard armor like exterior of its exoskeleton to use as armor against the aliens acidic blood, that would be cool as hell to see since we've never seen the preds skin anything before and the methods they use to do so.Another scene is when Weylands body guard Max Stafford gets caught in the preds net and they describe how it tightens and cutts into his flesh and bones and blood gushing from his wounds then the pred jams its staff through his heart and a huge pile of blood falls from his back to the floor to gather into a large crimson puddle of gore.YummyEnter Text
[close]
you see this is the good stuff that will might not be in this film, wich will be a shame if it isnt.

Revenant

Revenant

This movie is going to turn into another Van Helsing...does anybody remember that f**king stupid ass movie that could have been extremely scary and awesome, if it wasn't pg-13, and was directed by someone who does good horror films?  Yeah, thats my prediction...Van Helsing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed