Sigourney Weaver on AvP

Started by Darkness, May 03, 2004, 10:21:23 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver on AvP (Read 17,250 times)

Rage

Rage

i think it was luck that she did not die early. it was realistic in a way. but AR......oh sh.......

JTrebat85

JTrebat85

well I have my doubts on some of Andersons ideas of the direction of avp.  From all the visuals it appears good, parts of the storys context.  But Anderson's work before has me scared.  I walked into Resident Evil thinking that it would be as just as good as the games.  I was wrong.  I don't fully understand Lance's character is avp.  He shouldn't even be in the film.  But I can't wait to see how Anderson fits him into the story.  In ALIEN 3 that was clearly not a droid.  but What i read from an interview on this site from a fan who went to prague Lance told him he was a sythetic.  Why the hell would he be a robot when call in Alien ressurection had white blood.  You also have to keep in mind both ALIEN and predator franchises are riding on the sucess of this film.  Which is why i hope even more that Anderson doesn't screw this up.  I also kind of can tell that Anderson is trying to replace ripley with this lex character.  I like how they made sure in featurette 3 that she clearly stated that she was not going to be like the ripley character.  we'll see if shes the hero at the end.  In my honest opinion Humans or Predators need to win.  If you humans win it would kind of follow the other movies.  If Predators win it would make sense to the other predator films about predators still hunting on earth but not aliens because they don't exist.  I read a script for avp and I hope this isn't true but if anderson has the aliens wonder earth at the end of the film it will in deed scew up the other films, because what would be the point of the company trying to bring back a xenomorph back to earth for when its sitting in Alaska?  I don't want the series to become a starship troopers.  With WAR ON EARTH. Last thing,  Those predator ships why doesn't anderson link it to the alien films,  the crashed ship on LV-426 should be a downed predator ship where they kept aliens to invest planets for their kind to hunt.  and the space jockey was a servant of the predators which guarded over the aliens.

Aliminator

Aliminator

WTF are you talking about!!! RE was awesome!!!! the second one is gonna be the best becasue it's in a city!!!!

Predgirl

Predgirl

To JTrebat85 are you a hatter or a big fan because your sound like someone who worries too much about a movie.  One its based on present time here so Lance is a good way for the movie he plays the real Weyland not a droid.  I don't think the aliens win anyway because in the first Alien movie no one seen it before so there. The humans and Predators winning issue it doesn't matter the Preds will still come to earth for hunting remember Who ever wins we lose get my point.  I don't think it going to be a Starship Troopers ok thats a whole different story anyway Anderson is not going that route.

ajustin67

ajustin67

Look guys, for and most of the majority of you people have to be between the ages of 15-18. Im 21 years old. I grew up in the Alien Predator time.  First of all, this movie looks like its aimed for younger viewers, rated R or not that doesnt mean shizt. This movie does not even look like a predator or alien movie, It looks like that BullShit Resident Evil, with a few predators, and aliens in the mix.  This movie is going to crash and burn like hell.  Dont get me wrong, i love both of them, I have all the video games and dvd's, including the origional predator game for NES.. With that said. Ive got a feeling this movie is going to go down hill, paul anderson is trying to beef up the predator and aliens alittle too much. Look at the old predator. He was not Nearly as big as the New predator in the featurette. The pred's must be on a super steriod now. Man he over did this shit way too much, they should of left the shit in space where a it belongs. Give me a break. 5 Teenage predators come to Antartica to hunt some aliens.  WTF,  5 teenage predators, if that shit does not ring a bell in any of you heads that this is going to be another resident evil make over, then something is wrong with you guys.  I mean come on, Are the 5 teenage predators going to bring Xbox's and Cd players with them so that they will be entertained while they are not hunting.  This movie is a fukkin adult sci fi movie which was made for adults.  Predator 1 or 2 was not intended for some kids to watch. Do you think that when predator 1 or predator 2 was written they didnt think making the setting like this similar to the same as this movie.  Im sure they did but they sure as hell didnt make it that way because they new the shit' would not sell.  Come on dude, is he on crack, extending the predators wrist blades like 4 times bigger.......Wtf....ANd the shoulder cannon is like a fukkin buzuka. Do any of you all not see this being alittle over the top.

Killer_Kakashi

Killer_Kakashi

Ok so the pred is bigger. Have you never seen someone taller than you? I mean It's not like people are all the same size dude. Oh and You have my age right (16) but i know a bunch of people on this bored who are over 18. so shut the F*** up. I'm tired of you mr. knowitalls coming in here and trying to put us all in our place. You don't know Sh*t. Just because you're older than me and several others here doesn't mean your smarter or better.

Andrew David

Andrew David

No, he's smarter because he had some points to make, all of them fair (unfortunatelty). This is just gonna be one by-the-numbers-cheesey-action-flick. I'll eat my inner jaw if I'm wrong. And come on, resident evil was rubbish!

Yarah

Yarah

I am concerned about the hole alien 3 thing. Bishop was the real deal in that movie. Which supposedly he is the real deal now... All I can see are story gliches.   Don't get me wrong. I'm looking forward to this movie, But I think it's simply gunna have to be thought of as not part of either series.

Killer_Kakashi

Killer_Kakashi

I still don't see how any of it is fair. And as far as i can see you don't know anything about the film. You're basing everything on other films he's done, the fact that most VS movies aren't good at all. However, I think you're wrong. Just watch the specials on the film, read the articles and then when it arrives, watch the trailer. This film is much better than you think it will be. Just because it has VS in the tittle doesn't mean it's gonna be bad. Just because the Director hasn't made any super hit films doesn't mean it will be bad. everyone takes time to get into something. And i think he may just pull it off. Every director makes bad films, half the time it isn't their fault. It could be the script, the amount of time to film, the budget. All those things (plus executives) can completely ruin a film and it had nothing to do with director. They just get blaimed for it.

Daishi

Daishi

Wanst the biship in alien3 an adroid also..Tell me if im wrong, havent seen A3 in a while now..

Killer_Kakashi

Killer_Kakashi

Ok, Yarah, I'm gonna explain how it all works. When Alien3 was made their were no real plains laid out for AvP. So the story was written that that was to be the real Bishop. But because of the knew film, the story changed to this.  Charles Bishop Weyland founder of the Weyland company died at some point during or shortly after AvP. Years later after the company underwent some changes and began to develop knew computers (synthetics) they decided to make a series model with the looks of their founder, out of respect is my guess. A whole line was run off. then a knew line was put together, an attempt at making synthetics appear more human, by changing the flued to a different color and modifying systems. It is entirely possible that this "special" model acts as a representative of the companies executives. That is why he has so much control over the others their. They use the new bishop to try and convince ripley to let then have the Alien. the plain fails and so ends the films.  The reason he tells ripley that he's the creator, is because of two possible reasons. A: He is programmed to believe he is the creator. B: A ploy by the company to give ripley more of a connection to him and a better chance of retrieving the alien. or this other reason i just thought of that makes a connection to AR. C: this model did create the previous Bishop model. He is one of the original Synthetics that began the whole Synthetics building synthetics. Kinda makes sense when you think about it. Explains why the first Bishop was so kind and helpful.

Yarah

Yarah

That makes sense. Perhaps i'm looking too deep and for profection... LOL

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Good points there KILLER K I agree with pretty much everything you had to say there about the Bishop thing.I believe that The Bishop was still an android  in 3 but had there red fluids instead of the milky white in case of injury and just as a fail safe incase Ripley didn't believe he was indeed Human. He could show her his blood or may have predicted that he would have been indured showing he has red bodily fluids to reasure her it was safe to give up the queen inside her.Also I am 21 and alot of other people on this site are OLDER than 18 so dont be nailing everyone on here with your know it all attitude, everyone is intiteled to there own opinion and ideas so chilax and just be greatful this movie is actualy coming out after so many years in limbo.

SENTINEL

SENTINEL

Ripley you shouldnt have said that.

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Also I could have sworn I read or heard in one of the featurettes that the teen agers are the ones on the pyramid and that the 5 older ones come to clean up the mess they left so to speak or somthing like that thats why we will see the Elder Pred and the others..Scar, Celtic that I believe to be adults.But I could be wrong so dont take this as fact from me but as my opinion.    ;D  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed