Sigourney Weaver on AvP

Started by Darkness, May 03, 2004, 10:21:23 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver on AvP (Read 17,254 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Over at WhittierDailyNews.com, they’ve had an interview with Sigourney Weaver about her new film The Village but they couldn’t resist bringing up Alien vs Predator in the conversation:

…Which reminds us — “Alien vs. Predator’ is also coming out this summer. Was Weaver asked to participate?

“Oh, I think they knew my point of view. The reason I died in the third one was to avoid any more conversations about that. … Though, unfortunately, I was brought back to life for the fourth one.”

But even though she’s personally had enough of carnivorous space creatures, she wishes the fifth film well. And she knows who she wants to win, too. – “Oh, the Alien, of course.” says Weaver.
_________

It’s a bit of a back-track for her considering she was against the idea of AvP from the beginning.

izzet

izzet

I wonder who Arnie wants to win?   ;D  

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

Dude, one, if youre impersonating paul, dont be american, you have to be british, and also that would be kind of gross, considering how old she is. but If she hated the 4th movie so bad how come in all of the interviews on the DvD she says its good?

Aliminator

Aliminator

damn, she wants alien to win... i want predator!!!, too bad she cant be in avp, because it happens centuries after her first alien movie.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

you mean centuries before** lol

Vekin

Vekin

I liked the role of Ripley in the Alien series because she was such a badass, even before she had her DNA intermixed with the alien queen's. Just look at Aliens, She goes into the heart of the Alien nest alone takes out like ten aliens sets fire to the whole entire nest with a flamethrower and rpgs and saves the girl Newt. Then fights and kills the alien queen in hand to hand combat. All in all she single handedly brings the alien spicies to extinction until she is resurected in Alien Resurection.

Predgirl

Predgirl

I remember one comment she made before this interview that the only reason she would never be part of this movie is because she'll kick both their butts.  It is interesting about what Weaver had to say about the movie.

RichardK

RichardK

I remember she said i think on the 4th film Extras (Quadriology) "FOX are going to make AVP which I thought was going to be so bad/terrible/alful idea" So what who cares what she thinks AVP is going to Kick ass!

RichardK

RichardK

I remember she said i think on the 4th film Extras (Quadriology) "FOX are going to make AVP which I thought was going to be so bad/terrible/alful idea" So what who cares what she thinks AVP is going to Kick ass!

izzet

izzet

You sort of cant blame her for saying it was a bad idea, cos it could potentially ruin both franchises. But from what ive seen so far AVP is gonna deliver big time   ;D  

Growler

Growler

You know... I'm willing to bet she'll see the movie and probably be impressed with it.

Shadow of FUS

Shadow of FUS

notice alot of people badmouth VS movies? Take Freddy VS Jason for example.Alot of people hated it because they werent fans of them.The same thing is gonna happen with AVP since people arent a fan of either of them.

Farrow

Farrow

Look, dont get Weaver wrong. She dont hate the Predthing. She only is afraid that this crossover could take down the meaning of a franchise that give her the  big success.  Personaly i think the crossover is ok. But the idea to put AvP into the Alien-Storyline is absolutely BULLSHIT !!!  The Alien and the Predmovies should stand on their own. The Reason is that all could be destroyd if Anderson make mistakes like the Jockey  become some sort of  a Predcreature ( like some of you think) and that would be the biggest mistake in Movie History. Fox should not lay hands on the Mythos which was created by Scott and Giger!

Aliminator

Aliminator

true, shadow of fus and growler   :D    but she is way to strong in aliens, which is not so realistc in real world.

Red_Beard

Red_Beard

You may be right Shadow of Fus, but both the alien and the predator series are held in much higher esteem than the nightmare an friday series.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed