PG-13 Certificate for AvP?

Started by Darkness, Apr 05, 2004, 02:44:18 PM

Author
PG-13 Certificate for AvP? (Read 15,438 times)

ALIENS

ALIENS

if the movie is good it will do well,look at the matrix that was a R rated film  made millions,aliens 1,2,3,4 made millions,predator 1,2,made  millions,it makes no difference what rating it is,if the film is good many people will come to watch it,if avp sucks and its pg-13 it still wont do well because you change the rating.But since alot of poeple that are working on the film are doing nothing but talking about money,maybe im starting to think that paul F--ked up the movie,because why would they want  change the film to a pg-13 rating if the film is so good like they say it is,i think that we are in for the surpise of our life people,the fact that these people wants to change it to a pg-13 film doesnt that make you think just alittle,that maybe they know that the film will not do good because its already a bad movie,so they want to change the film to a pg-13 rating so it could easly attract kids to see this film,alot of  kids children would want to see it,but not adults, because its not that good of a movie ,thats what i think,and sometimes i hate when im right,i just realy realy hope that i am wrong because i kind of know alittle of how show biz works,"money comes to mind first,then the talent.GREED,its all greed

izzet

izzet

To Growler, i read the new Empire magazine and could'nt find the article either, i then visited the website and theres no news on that either. This could be a very late april fools like the tenth of dec release date that had us pissed off. And too shc, your are a moron. if AVP is a pg-13, yes it may make a few more pennys at the box office but the alien and predator films will become like star wars, after it does well in the box office (inevitebley it will do even if it's crap like freddy vs jason) they will do sequels with less gore and suspense and eventually by AVP 6 it's certificate will be a PG. Alien will be a distant but pleasent memory.

ps. Alien resurrection WAS that bad

Growler

Growler

To Izzet, not even an April fools, it's just mis-information.  AVPplanet needs to be shut down.  That's twice as far as I know, that they gave us the wrong information.  Granted the Dec 10th article could be considered as an April Fool's joke, but that's just something you don't do to passionate fans such as ourselves. I have no doubt it will be an R rated film.  There'll be too much cehstbursting going on, Alien tails impailing, heads cut off, and skinned alive bodies hanging around that it would be impossible to rate it PG-13 unless it's all edited out.  You can't edit that out.  It will seriously take away the ethics that drive Predator and Aliens. It will be rated R and if anybody who can't go to an R rated flick because their mommy won't let them, well they need to suck it up.  Wait till it comes out on DVD and buy it with out their mommy knowing.

Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails

I don't see why people are so pissed off at the Dec10 joke, it was pretty funny to me. And it was probobly the perfect joke as well for a time like this. Get over it.  -Rusty Nails

skials

skials

i think some people need to calm down for now. it is not rated yet. and even if it is rated pg-13 i am holding my opinion till i see the movie. if the movie lacks what we all want to see (chestburting, aliens being blown apart, skinned headless upsidedown humans, laser blasts blowing off limps ect) then i will fully pissed off just like everyone else. but from what i have been reading it sounds like a joke. but if it is not and fox wants the money. then do not eliminate the possibility that it was filmed as an R. released as pg-13 for money. then they make a special edition R dvd for even more money. hell just look at spawn. i know it is a sucky example because the only differance was one word. but it has been done in the past, who says it can't be done again. but if it is pg-13 no chestburting, headless skinned humans, ect. well then i saw all the true fans should deminstrate our american rights as a democracy and fight fox with all our might.

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

HEY!!!  I read this article In EMPIRE and its the producer whos trying to get the movie to be PG-13, not Paul Anderson! so dont blame it on him, he is the one who will save this movie and make it 'R'

Besides, All of Pauls movies since mortal kombat have been 'R', He will fight for this one.

izzet

izzet

to Rusty Nails, im suffering pyscological damage from that april fools joke( that was a joke, im suffering the above from leicester's decline in the premiership this season) on a more AVP related issue, i agree that PA is top dog at the moment and is trying to do the best for this movie, it's the Fox greed corperation trying to squeeze more money out of the Franchise before they finally ruin it (ahem, Alien 'no need' Resurrection), even though apart from the age certificate debate, AVP is sounding great.

cookies

cookies

I just wanna see gore like mad in this movie.  I wanna see skull ripping and bodies blowing up..

kysgr

kysgr

if it goes pg-13 it won't be paul anderson's fault. it will be the producers because they put up the money for a movie THEY wanted to see not us. It's all about money anymore. money is all the producers see and if they can get 13 yearold in there to see a avp they will because it is all about the money. they think hey i know for a fact the majority of the fan base will still see it or even buy the dvd when it comes out. money ...that is all they are worried about!

Mr. X

Mr. X

WHEN DID THE FEAUTURETTE 2 WILL BE RELEASED ??????????

izzet

izzet

if paul anderson really wants to earn the respect of the fans he'll fight the producers all the way and release HIS movie that will be R-rated. if these rumors are true about the certificate that it will receive and he gives in to the kiddies rating, fans of Alien and predator will go into the film with a negative frame of mind. in my opinion Alien3 was the goriest and most uneasy alien film, and the 2nd predator film was preety gory. But as Alien was re-released it came out with a 15 certificate in the UK, im certain aliens would get released with a 15 nowadays, with resurrection probaly being an 18 7 years on (bloody 7 years on!!) So take in consideration it could still be fairly gory if it was a pg-13, but don't worry, anderson reckons his used the best films in the series as a guide-line meaning the key ingrediant is tension,scares and plenty of gory killing. Aliens to win cos' u dont see them f**k**g themselves over a godamn percentage!

TheStorm

TheStorm

I am positive it is not PG-13, this same thing happend with T3. A executive producer, for those who don't know are the suits that give money, and are rarely ever seen on set. I will take Anderson's words over a guy who is just thinking this is his movie.   People so thought T3 was going to be PG-13 and it was not, and I'm pretty sure Anderson is not that dumb, and he knows this. I would say Garth Franklin from Dark Horizons is much more reliable then anyone else.  Don't worry guys.

Growler

Growler

in regards to TheStorm, Dawn of the Dead was also rumored it would be PG-13, but it's now rated in theaters as rated R for violence, gore, language, and sexuality.

THE REAL PREDATOR

THE REAL PREDATOR

please, will everyone read the article more carefully, its abundantly clear, that he contradicts himself by saying-"its horror, its thrills, its gore" and then saying it'll be suitable for children.. its a sorry publicity stunt in my opinion.-- does anyone know of a gorey horror movie that is suitable for a 13 year old?-OF COURSE NOT!!!  try to keep the faith my friends.... Anderson isnt going to let that happen....  hey Vito! - yeah i can safely say that this will at the very least pull an over 15's rating. here in Ireland, we dont have "PG-13"- our rating system goes like this- "U" (universal) "PG" (parental guidance) "12PG"(suitable for children UNDER 12 but only if someone OVER 12 is accompanying them) "15's" and "18's"-- so what would the "15's" equivalent be in America can you tell me???  please my fellow AvP fans. please ask any questions if you like!    ;D    for now, i must go, but ill be back!  Forte Fortuna Adjuvat...........-real pred

izzet

izzet

sanaa lathan  'i've signed for at least one more film' so her character WILL 100% survive!! and siggy weaver... aliens and predators, thats why i wanted to die in alien3, so you decided to ruin it by dumping micheal beihn's beloved character (i did'nt really like newt anyway even though she gave the film some depth), go back to the mystary of one alien and she describes the cast she worked with on alien 3 as the best in the series? then aggreed to do a fourth, and she knows she did it for the paycheck! Aliens and predators, i had my doubts and still have some now bu it will be better than that tripe alien resurrection and even though Finchers a legend will be better than Alien3, i'm sure if she was offered a part in the AVP she would take it instead of starring in crap lik 'Holes'! Well up yours sigouney! u may have been iconic in the first two but u were involved in some shite for the last two. Hopefully AVP will rock and then sanaa lathan will take your crown!!!     ;D     >:D  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed