Report on AVP at Starfest

Started by Darkness, Apr 18, 2004, 01:31:11 PM

Author
Report on AVP at Starfest (Read 14,827 times)

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

Well, in the premise it says the Predator is "doomed" -- so obviously hunting the sole surviving human is meaningless at that point in the movie, the trophy wouldn't matter and neither would the kill. So the Predator is either simply trying to survive, or he is indebted to the human in someway. That's all I can make of it so far. If you're referring to the Predator being "unstoppable" ...well, if he's doomed, he obviously is quite stoppable, and I'm sure he's going to sacrifice himself to save the human chick in the "Queen" battle. If you mean that SHE might be unstoppable, I don't know how to approach that. Both Ripley and Dutch survived "against the odds" in their respective movies (except for the 3rd Alien movie) so who knows. "Whoever wins, we lose." Even she survives, the humans haven't won anything. It's AVP, not AVPVH. They're the main event, we're just the bait. Paul Anderson on Howard Stern said this isn't Freddy VS Jason, there WILL BE a definite winner.

Predboy

Predboy

Man. The predator on that coin looks cool. If only they could put it on a gold coin or something thats worth a good amount of money.

Growler

Growler

to Shaneus::  The comics you said you have read, were they by chance the "Deadliest of Species" series?  If so, yeah, i agree that story did suck.  I could barely even follow it due to the short attention span i had while i was reading it.  The Original AVP comics are personally my favorite of any Predator or Alien comics.  Darkness has a little refrence to them on the very top left of this page where it says "comics."    Yes a girl even teamed up with a Predator at the end of the original series, but in that story it makes sense.  One, the humans found the lead Predator knocked out from a crash.  Not knowing what the hell it is, being the compassionate humans that we are, they took him back to medical and nurtured him back to health.  So yeah, that makes more sense for that Predator to team up with a human since it was a human that took care of him.  That Deadliest of Species series though?  What the hell were the writers thinking?   ???  

OldEntish

OldEntish

I too agree about Lex joining the Preds. Who in their right mind would join an alien society bent on hunting? Not to mention hunters that killed all her friends. Plus she's a girl so she'd be pissing in her panties like a little miss girly.

flonge

flonge

One of the cool things I was looking forward to in this movie was to see the huamans come across a war between Aliens an Predators, now if there are going to be alliances, lets hope this happens at the very end with a **ll of a good reason! Anderson is making me nervous with all these ideas, arn't there enough things to explain and reveal in this movie as it is.Watch Aliens and Predator, and Terminator 2, Good scfi,action trillers dosn't need to complex turning points. How bad would it be if the police would had joined Arnie to destroy T1000 at the end of T2. Maybe a bad example, but If there's a good idea behind the movie, why not keep it clean and let the action be really good and simple. I'm going to have nightmares about Anderson and his bad ideas...

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

The last surviving human joins up with the last survivng pred, because the alien queen will kill them if they dont.  also THE TRAILER IS COMMING OUT EITHER TODAY OR TOMORROW, I GOT INFO FROM A GUY WHO WORKS AT THE STUDIO, HE SAID IT WOULD BE RELEASED ONLINE BEFORE FRIDAY AND PREMIERING THEATRICALLY WITH MAN ON FIRE!!!

Growler

Growler

to OldEntish::  damn, i was standing on the view of a Predator joining a human, you're looking at it as a human joing a Predator.  You have a very good point.  Why would someone see their friends get slaughtered and then team up with the enemy?  That would be like me teaming up with terrorists.  As i think about it.  If I were hunted by Aliens and the only ally i could have is an enemy?  I'd team up just to survive.  I wouldn't trust the f**ker at all, but he wants to live as much as I do.  So if i couldn't make it on my own, you're damn right i'd work things out with the enemy.  When it comes down to the wire though.  We're getting chased by an Alien with the door closing a head of us...  If i still can't trust the guy, i'm tripping his ass so the Alien can have him.

Predgirl

Predgirl

:-\   Your all still worried about the outcome of the movie boy at least I'm being positive about it.  Yes I agree with Growler there about the team up situation.  What choice would Lex have in the end if she needed to survive in the whole ideal is to team up with the Pred, but not trust the dude though.  Like the old saying goes keep your friends close and your enemies even closer. I love that line even when a bad guy says it.  I don't know more about that outcome though that will happen in the movie.  At least she didn't team up with the Aliens now that would be weird to my eyes at least.  At the end of what you said there Growler I wouldn't go as far for him to be killed by an Alien, but trip the dude or try to knock him out and escape with my life and just leave him there in cold yes make the dude suffer in the cold.  Being killed by an Alien is much to quick for me make the guy suffer slowly.  Now I'm being a little devious here hehehehehehehe.

Aliminator

Aliminator

holy crap, bunch of avp fans are older than i thought!!! join SEALS and AIR FORCE....(stun)i hope you guys are not like star wars nerds who are 40-years-old nerd who live in a basement with their parents.......just kidding, no offense!!!  PS: i think avp 2 movie should be in a city like predator 2.

Nidza

Nidza

Errrr you are right,a saw no clocking of the pred which,I think is the coolest thing in both the game and the movies. Oh how tall are the guys who act the pred? And where can I get that cosutme ? PREDMAN TNAANANANANAANAAN   ;D  

flonge

flonge

Aliminator: Nice idea about AVP2 being in the city... And I hope they rate the movie R because it should be gory since all the other movies are... Anderson: I still doubt your skills... I hope the new trailer shows that I'm wrong...

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Is this whole deal about AvP's trailer being attatched to Man on Fire legit?  I really hope so since I think it's about time they get word out, but Man on Fire is suprising as the movie to do it.  It just doesn't seem the type of film that would typically have a preview like this.  That would be great if it did though, since I know a lot of people hoping to see it this weekend.

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

Didn't they just move back Man on Fire's release date?   And about the "teamup" -- we don't even know whether the Predator she teams up with has taken part in slaughtering a few of her friends. Could be the Celtic Pred taking these kind of liberties for all we know. He strikes me as somewhat of a villain.

Shaneus

Shaneus

I like Sinners theory about a villian pred because obviously if your after honour gained from battle you wanna kill the hardest enemy definantly an alien. And to kill humans instead would be easy therefore dishonourable. But in that line of thinking perhaps it will be a pred (celtic) backstabbing our doomed good guy pred.

ALso brainteaser for all my fellow Alien fans any theories/knowledge as to the background on the pilot species. I have theories but no sound knowledge has anyone got info ? Are they like an ancient species wiped out by aliens ? Did they make the aliens ? What are they ?

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

The comics have said a lot about the jockies, but the only semi-official tidbit we have on them is something Ridely Scott said to the effect that they created the aliens as weapons of war and apparently the derelict in Alien was one carrying eggs that had some aliens get loose.  I can't remember if he was the one who suggested that in the next alien movie the jockies would come to earth and seed it with aliens or not though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed