Report on AVP at Starfest

Started by Darkness, Apr 18, 2004, 01:31:11 PM

Author
Report on AVP at Starfest (Read 14,851 times)

Darkness

Darkness

For those of you that knew, Lance Henriksen was one of the guests attending the AvP presentation at Starfest last night and some more AvP footage was shown. Here’s someone’s account of what they saw which was sent into Alienscollection.com:

“I just saw the AvP presentation and it was AWESOME! It showed footage from the film, which looks sweeter than hell, and also a cast featurette (Lance Henrickson was there). I got a promo coin that says AvP on it, and has Aliens & Predator on both sides; a promo hat that says Weyland Industries on it. The footage featured clips from the movie that have never been shown before, it showed the Predator’s weapons and what they look like. And it had a quick little scene with the three preds on the top of the pyrimid fighting the aliens. I’ll get you the pics shortly. Is that cool, or is that cool?!”

And as for the theatrical trailer, it should be put online any day now judging by the rumours on forums and the emails I received.

Update: Pictures of the cap and coin have been released. On next page.

20040418_01

20040418_02

izzet

izzet

Us Alien and Pred fans have got it good, really good. Was Resurrection as anticipated as much as this?

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

I dont think so, A lot of people wanted a AVP movie insted of AR, they thought that AR would just be more of the same, and AR was highly anticipated by many alien fans, but You already know that nothing can be as bad a AR.

OldEntish

OldEntish

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: THIS MOVIE WILL ROCK!

Daffy_McGinty

Daffy_McGinty

"...And it had a quick little scene with the three preds on the top of the pyrimid fighting the aliens. I'll get you the pics shortly. Is that cool, or is that cool?!"  I... think... I'm... having... a... heart-attack!

BuGsToMpEr

BuGsToMpEr

???   sounds great! When do you think we'll see photots from this? Anyone have any?..post up a link if ya do!  BuGz   ;D  

OldEntish

OldEntish

If it's coming out this week, shouldn't the official site have some sort of advert in the trailers section saying "Full Trailer Coming Soon"?

BobCat

BobCat

Wicked

Weyland, as in Weyland-Yutani

Weyland, as in Weyland-Yutani

So it's just Weyland Industries now is it, as opposed to Weyland-Yutani? Odd.    ???  

ALIENS

ALIENS

From watching all of the trailers,i think that paul has the right idea for the film,the lighting is very good,dark and blue ish very much like  james camron shoot his films.Paul, from what i have seen,has put together film that is 80% of the way the film should have ended up.I like what i see,and i know for a fact,that this is going to be his best film he has worked on,"some" of his past films he has done havent been so great,but if he scores high on this movie,and put all of the elements that this film needs in order to be a great AVP movie,then it will end up working for the FANS! and for paul. If paul does great with this project, then i also think people will end up trusting him more when future projects come up.   ;D  

cookies

cookies

Im all for this movie but change sucks. I hate how they have to change stuff becuase it has to be something new.  WHy not make the humans have laser beams attached to their freaken heads?  crazy ass looking preds and aliens that look like resarectioncrap.     Hardcore alien and pred fan (predator as being my favorite movie.. even if poeple ask me whats my fav i say pred, and this was for many years)  Fan of aliens since i was a kid.  I hate change the original designs looked the most realistc and the most creative shit i ever seen.   I just cant get where those 4 foot wrist blades come from?  they extract from where? are they wolverine? do they come from inside their arms?   Still most anticapated movie of all time for me so its only complaints coming from hardcore fan.  Im not easly pleased so peace to everyone im not starting a flame just MO.

U know what i hope its just mcfarlane toys that used the body parts from the resarection alien toy becuase i was looking at them both and they look the same.  I really hope the alien doesnt look like that in the movie becuase im really not happy with it.  From looking at the toys and pics from movie seems like mcfarlane changed everything to crap.  I mean the cannon is so high up when in vids it looks normal.  I hope those side blades are not in movie becuase wrist blades and spear is enough.

Killer_Kakashi

Killer_Kakashi

I'd like to point out something that i don't think some of you have noticed about the alien figures. they aren't completely the AR aliens. if you look a the legs they don't have that extra knee. I think mcfarlane used a very similair mold of the upper body but changed the legs to be more human like. since thats what they are like in this film

BuGsToMpEr

BuGsToMpEr

Is there any images from the actual showreel this guy saw yet?.. Look forward to it all!!  BuGz   ;D  

Majin Jekku

Majin Jekku

8)    "So it's just Weyland Industries now is it, as opposed to Weyland-Yutani? Odd." - Weyland, as in Weyland-Yutani.  To answer your question, I believe Weyland Industries merges with a Japanese company by the name of Yutani ???? or ???? Yutani.  Something like that.  And, the merger results in the Weyland Yutani Corporation.  n_n;  Which is eventually consumed by Wal-Mart.  Or so said that guy in Alien Ressurection.  But, we'll just hope he was being sarcastic.  ;-;

izzet

izzet

Hey that hat looks kind of stylish, a cool retro look. Im getting one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed