AvP Featurette 3 is Out!!!

Started by Darkness, Apr 27, 2004, 04:24:33 PM

Author
AvP Featurette 3 is Out!!! (Read 20,324 times)

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

I don't think it'll be better than Alien or Aliens just because of the plot and writing.  Anderson tends to focus more on the action and the way a movie looks, which is great on its own and can be a lot of fun, but people will probably enjoy the first two alien movies overall for their strong character development and emotional themes.  And again, that's not bad, just because AvP will be a different type of movie.  It doesn't mean it won't be a lot of fun to watch.

Red_Beard

Red_Beard

To: zorxagg  While Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection are not superior films when compared to the original two films, the same can not be said about the comparrison between the directors.  I personally think Scott is the most talented director, he is at his best when he is helming big productions, while Cameron is the best at makeing more well rounded SciFi-action blockbusters, and Fincher (alien 3) has a dark kind of noir style that is magnificent when he can find a good project, as for Jeunet (Alien Resurrection) he definately has a talent for viual flare which he uses to create quirky, delicious, ideologic masterpieces.  I am afraid i cannot give has much praise to Anderson ( all i can say is that event horizon was kind of freaky and the laser defense scene in resident evil was pretty cool.)  Here is a list of some of their better known films:  Ridley Scott: Alien, The Duelists, Blde Runner, Thelma and Louise, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down  James Cameron: Aliens, The Terminator, The Abyss, True Lies, Terminator 2, Titanic  David Fincher: Alien 3, The Game, Seven, Fight Club, Panic Room  Jean-Pierre Juenet: Alien Resurrection, Delicatessen, City of lost Children, Le Manege, Amelie  Paul Anderson: Alien vs. Predator, Mortal Kombat, Event Horizon, Soldier, Resident Evil

Nik

Nik

Alien 3 was awsume wut r u talkin about

Nik

Nik

I seen a pic that seems to be bishop dead on the floor.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

movies r all so about money remember resident evil had had no money really but i liked it any how i think this will blow paul anderson is a up and coming director and this is his bug break we will soon see

Predgirl

Predgirl

To Bringer of Death I haven't recieved anything in my email or maybe you got it wrong just cleck my name just in case.  To Growler your welcome hope you get home soon too.  Your maybe right if it shows with Troy, but it seems odd to me to be with that movie even though there is action in it.  For being with Godescend I don't think so that is more thriller than horror to me and the movie AVP is more SCI-FI than horror to because well it has Aliens and most horror movies have dead people coming to life or something and chasing stupid teenagers all over the place.  I told a friend of mine about AVP movie and he said it will suck then I told him well I think it is a hell  a lot better than your stupid horror movie FreddyvsJason crap.  He thinks thats the best movie ever well I don't think so. Its the same thing over and over like the other ones there is a group of stupids teenagers being chased by one of them until there is one remaining and then Jason or Freddy is dead and the funny thing is they keep making movies of the same concept. I'm getting a little pived here I guess. Well we will see I guess, but for the most part it probably be on the internet soon enough for all of us to view as many times as we want.   8)  

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

Dude, you cannot even compare Paul Anderson to Jeian Paul (Whatever his french name is).  the French guy is a terrible director, I dont care what any of you say about his other so called 'good' films, but he ruined the alien franchise, and for that he should perish in flames.  Anderson however has made all pretty good to really good movies, with the exception of MK, I think his best movie so far is Soldier, and Event Horizon, also Resident Evil kicked ass, and seriously man, nothing can be worse then alien ressurection, and just because paul hasent made a classic so far donsent mean he is not cappable of one, he has lots of experience now, and also lets not forget that James Cameron's first film was Pirana 2: the Spawning which SUCKED, alll directors have really bad films and really good films, and let me promise you this, that AVP will be Pauls best top date, also It will be a Sci Fi classic, I cant say if it will beat predator, alien, or aliens, but I am sure hoping so.

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Actually, I couldn't really get into any of Peter Jackson's earlier movies, many of which I thought were horrible, but then out of the blue he came along and did the Lord of the Rings.  I guess anything's possible.     :)  

Aliminator

Aliminator

if all the alien movies are made with the same tech, i would say from the best to worst: 2,4,1,3, it's just my opnion...  PS: go to www.applemovies.com to check lots of imcoming movies!!!

Shadow of FUS

Shadow of FUS

tell me....has anyone ever thought that their are also female predators also rather than males.Be intesting to see a female pred B-)

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

Here are all of the AVP things that mention Predator Females.  Aliens Vs. Predator Novel Trilogy  AVP comic: Eternal  Aliens Vs. Predator Vs. Witchblade.  AVP: Dealiest of the species comic,  If you want to see a female pred go here http://larrysgaragekitasylum.com/Predettex.html

Zorxagg.

Zorxagg.

Howdy once again. In reply to Galmorzu's comments about Alien warriors turning people into eggs, in the book (and cut from the film), that's what happened, or was happening to Dallas. I think I also got this from the book, but don't quote me on it, and that's that these eggs only have a life-cycle of a few months, rather than the few thousand or whatnot of the queen. Also, it's a slow process in the book, as Dallas (and Lambert) slowly turn into something else. To the guy who hasn't mowed his Red-Beard; Fincher did Fight Club!! One of the greatest films of our time!!! That's right; so what the hell went wrong???  And Jeunet's film credits reads like a list of masterpieces and those that are pretty damn close, so Why does Resurrection have all that hollywood cheese dripping from it then??? A loud and annoying comedy sidekick general, dreadfull LOUD (not to be confused with good) music, and all those horrible cheesy camera shots, such as the rolling grenade, that just seem to be there for no other reason than to show that they can do it.  That movie did do one thing right however, and that was to give the aliens some real depth. With regard to Peter Jackson, and it's almost blasphemy in this country to say this, but I think with LOTR he did the best he could, as it is philosophically impossible to match a great book; as you have no choice but to play to everyone's imagination, plus you live with the book which is mainly a work of naturalism, wereas the movie out of neccesity had to be a 'greatest hits' compilation, therefore, in places cheesy. It was also overall lacking most of the subtlety, as, take away the fantasy, and LOTR is basically a work of rural and wild naturalism by Thomas Hardy; the most English of English writers. But he is beyond blame, as these things just can't be avoided; the mediums don't translate in these ways except abstractly.  Anywho, that said his best film has got to be his first one that he made whilst a teenager; 'Bad Taste'. I think I laughed even harder at that than for anything by Monty Python.  Anywho, for his first big-budget film 'The Frighteners', he admitted that he did it, and gave up alot of creativity in the process, just so he could keep all the effects equipment acquired; so perhaps that's what Jeunet did, which would also explain the stamp of hollywood that's all over it. Mr.Z

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

can i just say that alien worriors can change in to queens if there queen has died just like ants do some may be the one in alie was about to change in to a queen cus as i read the the they said whats then next stage from the humon form alien and its in aliens earth hive about a worrior changing into a queen, just like a chestburster in to worrior, as for alien 3 i thought is was good then the directors cut came out and that was brilliant just like the first 2 so any of yoou that slags alien 3 off get the directors cut on dvd and see how it was ment to be,not like the one in the ceinema that the producers made fincher cut to peaces.....if you or wondering how much longer is put back in alien 3 its 30 minutes!

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

p.s i thought lord of the rings was over rated, who would sit and watch all that over and over again yawwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnn bored of the rings i could go on al day about how i thought i was crap but i aint i cant bee botherd

Morgoth

Morgoth

i think the avp movie will maybe destroy the alien mythos. more than AR!  The movie will be good for the predfans because the pred become more and more a superheroe style .......which is realy stupid i think. what want the predfans next? a flying pred or what?  this is going out of hand. Dont get me wrong but this becomes to be rubbish! its not realistic. the early meaning of the alien was a nearly indestructibale biomechanical killing machine. the pred is a hunter with awesome weapons but if you take alook at the bodys, the pred have a humanlike fleshy body while the alien have bonelike armoured skin. a pred only should kill an alien from the distance like a marine. but faster and more effective of course. a fight hand at hand should go on the alien's side. and then this rumors about the jockey.... Man, if the jockey become some kind of Predcreature or something in that way......it will SUCK !!!!!  I realy hope FOX isnt that stupid. they should not take hand on this what Scott and Giger created. But we will see.........

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed