Ridley Scott on Alien 5/Pred 3

Started by Darkness, Mar 22, 2004, 02:40:51 PM

Author
Ridley Scott on Alien 5/Pred 3 (Read 15,073 times)

Darkness

Darkness

According to MediasharX, Ridley Scott apparently had an interview with a Japanese DVD magazine called Famitsu Wave and spoke about Alien 5 and Predator 3. Here’s the main bits of the interview:

FW: And the rumor of another Alien movie?
RS : We have been talking about doing another one for years. It’s been a complex situation. At the end of the day, a studio has to be pleased, a core audience has to be pleased, and a director has to agree to all that. I am glad to say things are progressing…

FW : With you as Director?
RS: I don’t think I’ll be directing, but I will have some involvement. It’ll probably be based on an idea I have, so I hope I’m asked to be involved… In broad terms, It’s something for those folks that want to see Ripley’s Journey come full circle and..

FW : Do you know when this will happen?
RS : Fox are waiting to see how Aliens vs Predator does, and then they’ll do the Alien movie, and I believe a Predator film too. Again, if I’m involved in it, great, if not, then that’s luck of the draw.aw.

dave

dave

YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! So lets hope AvP dont Suck and then we get more of the cool Alien and Predatorstuff. I hope the best!!!!!!!!

the one

the one

man i hope they make another predator and alien movie and if they make the predator 3 arnie must be on it and it would be cool if he was on alien 5 to kick some ass but the avp movie would be the coolest movie in the world if weaver and arnie played on it so come and lets see arnie do another predator movie and maybe even a alien movie that would be sweeeet!   ;D  

Aliminator

Aliminator

If they making avp 2 movie,...it should be in a open city like Predator 2 or another planet, like other Alien movies. But still, I look forward the avp movie!!!   ;D  

RichardK

RichardK

OMG! YES!!!YES! Another Alien movie, lets see it on earth aliens invade earth and the predator movie lets do the same or have us attack the preds planet with earth's military! And AVP! wow i cant wait for that, man what a treat for us fans!

Aliminator

Aliminator

I hope they wont stop making avp or alien or predator   ;D   but the alien evasion could starts like: in the future, the scientists cloned some alien genem like in the alien ressurection and aliens escaped!!!   ???  

Jordan

Jordan

Two words in passing regarding this article (assuming it's fact...): "OH YEAH!"  I'm actually eagerly awaiting the forthcoming AVP film, and the prospect of A5 is simply grand, to put it lightly!  Yesyesyesyesyes [cue irish jig]!  Jordan

YodasEvilTwin

YodasEvilTwin

oh man, this just keeps getting better and better!! was there any news on when Alien 5  or Predator 3 might come out???

Painkiller

Painkiller

nope not yet

Dallas

Dallas

Hey Guys what about this: The Space Jockeys want to take Earth down. They send an armada of Boneships (like in the first movie), and bring Alien Eggs to Earth. They are breeding fast and take over. The colonial Marines must fight a big War against the Alien Creatures. And in Alien6 they find the Homeplanet of the Jockeys and the Aliens and destroy them once and for all...............i think this would be cool!!!!!!!!!!!

xenofan

xenofan

???   I hope we get to see an alien 5 & pred 3 whether the avp movie is good or not  that way  us alien & predator fans  have something to look forward too either way  h.r. giger has to do the alien design in alien 5 cause he did such a wonderful job with the first  alien   stan winston could do the predator design.  he also did a good job on that  sigourney weaver should be in alien5  arnold should be in pred 3. I mean think about it if you have a movie without the star  it wouldn't be a very memorable movie

Killer_Kakashi

Killer_Kakashi

:-\   Uh, Dallas, I got a problem with that story there, what's the space jockey's reason for invading earth? are they even still around anymore? I mean maybe they all died out, Maybe they made a mistake making the aliens and it ruined them, caused their down fall. In the first alien film a warning message was sent out from the ship. well wouldn't that mean that they were trying to get rid of the aliens? what if that ship was sent away from their home world in order to save themselves, maybe the aliens were just too damn bad ass to handle? That's just what I think. I was just wondering what you thought the motivation might be for the space jockey's. cause I can't really see one. If they had a motivation then it would be an awesome movie.

Killer_Kakashi

Killer_Kakashi

But why bring em to earth? I still don't get why. Besides, the idea with the Alien films and the Predtor films is that they stay separate, that AvP is the place where they cross. I think its best if the Aliens have their movies, Preds theirs and then AvP for total mayhem!   8)   Nice idea, but I'd rather see an Alien film with just aliens and a pred film with just preds, and an AvP with both.

izzet

izzet

I think the fifth should be helmed by Ridley scott and should star a relativaley unknown cast without any big leads because look at alien and what it done for weaver, same example with predator and arnie. If avp is half decent it should start its own series too + no rock music for avp!!!!!!!!! its all about the suspense and thrills

Jordan

Jordan

A5 will most likely NOT take place on Earth, to clarify.  This is because AVP does and Scott, Sigourney et al. have voiced opinions contrary to such a setting.  An Alien homeworld of some sort is most likely at this point in time...  However, didn't some Fox guy *officially* state (in recent news) that were AVP a success, AVP sequels etc would be the reality as opposed to A5 / P3?   Time will tell...  Jordan   ???  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed