Shane Salerno Interview

Started by Darkness, Mar 30, 2004, 04:40:47 PM

Author
Shane Salerno Interview (Read 9,415 times)

izzet

izzet

good stuff Z and Olopolip, what you've said is what iv'e read too even though vekin has a valid point, because we havent seen the movie yet remember. the temple is thousands of years old SOMEHOW (remember even the director does'nt know that much about the specie) they'll be aliens probaly located in the temple. and does anyone know how the queen is found?

Chase

Chase

Looking at the screenshots, it's Obvious some of weylands team will become hosts...but what around the whaling station...there must be hosts there...15 aliens is too little a challenge. In the teaser trailer it looks like the whaling station blowing so....it might be common sense to think the infection would spread.

Chase

Chase

Sorry the other thing i wanted to add..si the "money shot" of the upcoming trailer...the preds have had problems with the spread of infestation before....(mind probably not in the antartic...but still...)

sc

sc

hey chase, r u from Canada, if so whereabouts?

Vekin

Vekin

I agree with you Chase. There could be inhabitants already at the whailing station that could get impregnated, but the fact of drone/warriors still being around from Aztec hosts can't be true. One thing that is for sure true is that there are still live eggs within the temple.

hardcorenort

hardcorenort

if you notice all the aliens in the film are juvenile because their skulls are smooth this shows the only aliens in the film have come from the humans in the film so there SHOULD only be a maximum of 15 but is that to say every human in the film is captured by aliens and impregnated i dont think so. there will probably only be about 8 that is if the director has thought it through and actually knows that juvenile aliens have smooth skulls which i dont think he has so their is the chance that aliens are already in the temple that have supposedly been there for centuries and yet they are still juveniles

Andrew David

Andrew David

"The Predators have been coming to earth for thousands of years and at some point, they brought a Queen alien and they put her in a pyramid that the Aztecs had built in honor of the preds." What the hell would Aztecs be doing in the arctic? And how would they take the raw materials to the pole to build a massive temple?I can suspend disbelief to a great degree, but this is utter nonsense. And I thought the Predators liked the heat, as establishied in the two Pred films.  Why all the fuss with these rubbishy shots of cast members 'looking on' and why all the excitement over the trailer? Reality check my like minded cohorts:  There is nothing there that is original. We've seen it all before: dimly lit corridors, dead face huggers, face huggers in eggs, torch lights piercing dark hallways, people looking scared, a miniscule glimse of an over slimed alien... Actually, this could be the trailer for Alien 4, and that movie was rubbish.If you think about what you've actually seen so far, there is nothing to get so excited about. Put it into perspective: I'm not satisfied with these trailers, where's some footage footage of an Alien and Predator scrapping? We got it on the Matrix teaser trailers between Neo & Smith. And people, please, don't get so excited because Paul Anderson says it's all great

Chase

Chase

Yes I'm from Canada, Ottawa to be exact. But anyway for those of you who have played AVP: Extinction and read the species bios you would know that eggs have an almost infinite life span, but the same can be said for the rest. I'm just interested to see how this turns out cause 8 aliens vs five preds like i've said earlier is almost too easy. Although there's also the possibility of one or two pred aliens, but that's besides the point.  Plus we know weyland and lex survive. How else do we come about Weyland/Yutani and bishop.   ???   oh well can't wait.

izzet

izzet

see youre looking forward to this movie Andrew David, the reason the preds are in the artic is to avoid human interfearnce and 'the money shot' could be a differant temple, if you look at some of the conceptual art the temples can probaly be transported. and u want something more special? i advise u to wait for the actual movie and you'll forgive PA for all his crapness in the past.

Chase

Chase

The money shot is in the past. They've mentioned this in a bunch of interviews as well

Killer_Kakashi

Killer_Kakashi

Hey, Andrew, it makes perfect sense to have the temple in the artic. this is so there is no interference, just as izzet said. the reason they now care about this is because of the little "accident" that happened at another temple "the money shot" they don't want the aliens to easily spread among the humans. this is for two reasons. one ruins the game for other preds (humans appear to be one of the preds main hunting sources) two: if humans get involved (as they do in the movie) it creates chas for the poor preds. they try to prevent humans from getting involved by having the temple off in such a desolate place.

Bster144

Bster144

Andrew David brings up some very good points.  We have to look back at PA' s previous crap.  Though I'm not hoping for a bad movie in my hart, I belive that this is 20th Century Fox's last squeeze of the two franchises.  I hope that this isn't utter s**t that is not worth me paying $ 8.50 and waisting hours of my time.   Also, whats up with the Weyland charactor.  If my eyes didn't decive me the apperace of Bishop's "living creator" in Alien 3 would contradict this charactor in AVP.  How can he be alive now and alive hundreds of years in the future?  Kinda confusing dont ya think?

Killer_Kakashi

Killer_Kakashi

Watch the special edition of A3. You'll find that the weyland character in that says a line that gives away that he ain't human. after 85 hits him with a pipe damaging his ear he screams (only in the special edition) "I'm not a droid!" I think that sums it up.

Z

Z

Oh my God! You guys seriously are the biggest newbs on the site! ( pagefan76 & Vekin )  I'll start with Vekin... You say I'm only making theories? You've just proven once more that you don't know what you're taking about and that you never took the time to actually read any of my posts... As you would've known that many of the things I say are based on facts that we already know and sometimes, I'll elaborate more based on what I

Andrew David

Andrew David

Thanks to Izzet and Killer for the explanations of the arctic setting, I thought those were reasonable arguments. Although it's a bit of a downer, I'm actually glad they've pushed the release date back. I always felt the post production schedule was a little tight on AvP. It'll give PA more time to brush up all the fx etc, to a higher standard. Spiderman also had a tight post schedule and while some effects of spidey whizzing through metroplis at the end of that film were superlative, some of the others (such as when Peter Parker wears his first spidey suit and dscovers he can jump rooftops) were noticably poor becuase the fx house concerned didn't have enough time to spend on a more agreeable execution of those sequences. So I think the new release date will benefit the film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed