NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,173,354 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 31, 2014, 05:50:39 PM
I do fondly remember my McFarlane "Elder Predator" figure. I really need to go through my storage unit and find my old McFarlane and Kenner toys, assuming I didn't stupidly throw them away ages ago.

The sad thing with the McFarlane figures were that they weren't entirely screen accurate (I can forgive and overlook that) and that they were made of a material that could easily be broken. My Scar Predator figure had his left leg broken at the joint which joins with the hip, and that pissed me off because I wanted to do a photo shoot with that figure.

Thankfully my AvP Elder is still intact.. but my Hicks figure? I kept that thing protected in a box because I kept on moving around from home to home, and the other day I opened the box and found that one of his arms broke off. I was so pissed off when I found out about that.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

The McFarlane figures were notoriously fragile. I used to collect Spawn toys and almost all of them broke not long after opening.

Zenstoren

Zenstoren

Quote from: happypred on May 31, 2014, 04:48:21 PM
Spear looks cool as f*ck. The mask leaves something to be desired

Are you kidding? It's a lazy recycle of the combistick with a goofy blade attached.

Bender1988

Bender1988

Ahab loks like shit-really bad figure,and way too expensive-he is 30$-in poland 30 $=90zł-and 90zł is like a lot of food.

too expensive for such bad figure-pass!!!!!
Neca sucks with comic licences nowdays-hopefully in the future they will make decend comic book licenced predator figures in decent pice.

Master

Master

The price of the figure itself is fine by me, but the shipping to Poland is what annoys me. We'll see, I hope I get him.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The sculpting is nice, but... Wouldn't that lack of a mouth covering mean it's breathing in our atmosphere all the time?

Jekku

Jekku

@Xenomorphine I don't think that would be a problem for a predator.  If you're referring to the one in the second movie, then I think that was because he was injured.  After all, the one Dutch encountered didn't have trouble breathing.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Zenstoren on May 31, 2014, 07:24:52 PM
Are you kidding? It's a lazy recycle of the combistick with a goofy blade attached.

What's goofy about the blade? It looks Yautja-ish/"Predatory" if you will

It's simply based on this piece of art:

No one was complaining about the goofy blade when the teaser art came out. The figure's weaknesses are its proportions and the mask

Bender1988

Bender1988

the weaknesses of the figure are that it is P1 body with  modified head,and really crappy looking mask.

Predators can breath earth air without masks- like Anytime-but they get tired quicker.
Pussyface after the injuries would probably collapsed without "predatotr air"

Neca doesnt care-so they made such a crappy figure-but Hardcore collectors will buy this garbage either way.

I am really dissapointed in Neca.

Master

Master

Weapon looks what i always imagined predator naginata would look like. Basically P2 style spear with more elaborated blade piece. As for mask it is never really stated in the films Preds cannot use our air. AvP elder's mask also had no face panel so I don't have problem with it.

Bender1988

Bender1988

Yeah-and he wear it as a shoulder armor piece-seems quite possible that it is not working-so he made it into a shoulder armor
Well the lack of mouthplate/piece makes the masks look...crappy in my taste.
Overal the Ahab figure is a big fail of Neca, countless repaints and resusage of old molds...am waiting for AvP new ones....

Master

Master

As Mc Farlane figure yes, but in the film he was hloding it in his hand.

Of coures it`s a reuse of old figure. But it`s much better then so called "cloked" versions which were totally thesame figure just made of clear plastic.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Bender1988 on Jun 03, 2014, 08:19:27 AM
the weaknesses of the figure are that it is P1 body with  modified head,and really crappy looking mask.

Sure...but the spear is fine. The standard spear/combi-stick is mainly a stabbing weapon. Ahab seems to be wielding a combi-glaive capable of inflicting devastating cuts. There's nothing wrong with it. It might clash with that poster's personal taste for whatever reason...but I don't get why he's calling it a "lazy", "goofy" design. It's a classic Yautja weapon found in multiple sources

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Jekku on Jun 02, 2014, 03:47:41 PM
@Xenomorphine I don't think that would be a problem for a predator.  If you're referring to the one in the second movie, then I think that was because he was injured.  After all, the one Dutch encountered didn't have trouble breathing.

I had the impression that doing it on a prolonged basis might cause problems, like how we can breathe in poor air quality, but that it's probably not wise to always be doing so.

Otherwise, why do their masks always cover the mouth and have an air seal?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

They might explain the open face-mask in the upcoming comics.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed